Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDiet AdviceFemale FitnessProgress PicsSplit Advice

Should my girlfriend cut?15029

Pawzup private msg quote post Address this user
My girlfriend has been training for the past 4 months and has made amazing progress she has gone from squatting the bar for 6 reps all the way up to squatting 15 kilos on each side for 10 reps, she now wants to cut she's around 17ish %body fat she wants to be leaner then that. But I think she should keep bulking to add more muscle as she is competing next year around October.

For cardio will 5x100m sprinting be effective for fat burning we have her diet in check her macros are 40/40/20

Post 1 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
4 months is no time at all for a newbie, I'd say just keep going for another 2 months, re-assess based on goals and go from there. Looks lean enough IMO though, definitely leaner than 65.8% of the females in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawzup
40/40/20

If thats Carbs/Protein/Fat then there's too much protein. 1g/lb is all that's needed for protein and the rest could go toward carbs. >=50% for Carbs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Agree with all of the above. Getting leaner is not going to be easy for her to stay at from now till then, and if she's at 17%, she's already approaching an unhealthy fat level. She gets much leaner and she's going to start experiencing amenorrhea, if she isn't already.

Up the carbs, cut back the protein a bit, and stay the course. She's too far out to cut. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
She was planning on cutting for 12 weeks, then bulk again. Just to see how her physique is. But I reckon she bulks for another few and then cuts but she seems to be set on been lean and cut up. I'm not sure if it's going to be good for her metabolism.

In regards to her not getting her periods. She has the birth control implant. And has ill regular cycles anyway. Should she get off it all together?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
That's something she should talk to her OB about. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@Pawzup No way she should cut 17% is low for a women already, any lower is unhealthy. In fact the doctor might say that she needs to gain some weight or train less to get her periods back on the regular. My sister is a huge fitness freak, and that combined with being very lean, messed up her period cycles. Best have talk with her GP
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi
Thanks for your advise guys, I have decided to keep going the way I have been and give it 2 months, see a dr and go from there. Your right I am still a little fresh and while things are going really well I will roll with it. Keep you posted ✌️❤️💪
Post 7 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawzup
She was planning on cutting for 12 weeks, then bulk again. Just to see how her physique is. But I reckon she bulks for another few and then cuts but she seems to be set on been lean and cut up. I'm not sure if it's going to be good for her metabolism.

In regards to her not getting her periods. She has the birth control implant. And has ill regular cycles anyway. Should she get off it all together?

My girlfriend had the implant and didnt get periods it is normal. But for ttht you might want to check with the ob like stated
Post 8 IP   flag post
340762 8 8
destitute