Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining Programs

Strength/size program recommendation15008

Tritons private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

For last 5-6 months my training has been like whatever i want to do in particular day. And i am thinking of using some kind of programming like Wendler 5/3/1, The Cube, Sheiko, Smolov, WSBB...

I have seen some logs with great results in strength and size, what would you recommend, what is your experience with these programs if you had used them?

I have been training for close to 4 yrs now, i want to get even more serious with it.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Give us some stats.

Height
Max bench, deadlift, squat
Post 2 IP   flag post
@_RudeCrew Sure!

Weight: 110 kg/242 lbs
Height: 185cm/6 feet
Bench: 140kg/308lbs
Squat: 185kg/407lbs
Deadlift: 210kg/462lbs
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Your in good shape for your size! Have you looked at PHAT? What programmes have you run before?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Hamer93 Thanks!

I've ran PHAT before, but now i am not able to go to gym 5 times a week, so i am looking for some other options. Now i did upper, lower split, but want something more structured.
Post 5 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Any of those are good. Cube is really popular here, WSBB is always a good choice but make sure to research it so you run it properly. Sheiko is fun. It's up to you. I'm personally not a fan on 531 but it does work.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
If you can commit to 4 days, Westside for Skinny Bastards is a great routine. Don't let the name fool you. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
@eknight That was one of the first routines i actually looked up, and i quite like how it looks. Now i'm just looking for as many options as i can find and then choose one of them.
And i can get to gym 4 days a week, sometimes i get the fifth day but that's rare because of the job and school, wich starts in september. I will take a look at the Westside routine again. Thanks!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I guess i'm narrowing down to The Cube method and Westside for Skinny Bastards.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
Time to flip a coin.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
I think westside is best for now as it focus's on the lifts, where as the Cube is a good next step as the increase in volume is guaranteed to give more results, then I'd go onto Cube Kingpin. Just my opinion
Post 11 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@Tritons my favorite routine is HCT 12. Really upped my strength and added size. Im currently using this metjod for my core lifts and add in some supp work.

pdf here:

clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
@WinnersNeverQuit As i am looking to Westside, its training program is more geared towards athletes, there is a lot of dynamic and conditioning work involved. It could actually help me improve me in kickboxing but i dont know. Powerlifting/bodybuilding is still first choice. But i will do more research.

@Perfidy I guess, haha.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I decided to go with The Cube method. The reason is i really want to improve my big 3, also i like its layout and something rally tells me to try this, i do not know way, but i just kind of want to try it. I might start a log, will see.

I want to thank you members for your suggestions and recommendations.

Cheers!
Post 14 IP   flag post
340621 14 14
destitute