Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
OvertrainingSplit Advice

CT Fletcher overtraining14991

ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
So most of you probably know who CT is. My question is what do you think of his theories of theres no such things as overtraining and he even says once in one of his videos he trained arms for "a mothafucking year non stop" to get his 22 inch arms etc. Im just curious to know if anyone believes or follows this
Post 1 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Helps when ur on ALL KINDZ of drugs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
True. He has taken a drug test for one of his videos. Not that I believe it wasnt falsified.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Haha if he set the test up himself it was probably legit, but then he'd know what to do to pass it. Try training with high intensity every day for a few months and see how many gains you make...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Also true. I am just curious because he has like a following of his style lol. I for one stick to the science etc but I know theres gotta be someone on here that agrees with the no overtraining shit
Post 5 IP   flag post
And if his theories or training doesn't work how does he keep people coming back for more info. And why hasnt anyone put him on blast about his training methods because theres obviously chance for injury.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that overtraining is very individual. What may be too much for one person may be too little for another and visa versa. It's all about understanding your body and what works for YOU.
Post 7 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
I have been overtrained a few months ago...and it is not about "muscle pain" ...you know exactly when you are overtrained. You feel like shit...real shit

Did full body workouts 16 days in a row, tried to keep intensity low but that didnt work well on the last days (cluster hst)
Post 8 IP   flag post
I have a buddy that is doing just chest arms abs 5 on 1 off and is trying to preach to me about you cant overtrain etc. I just shake my head
Post 9 IP   flag post
illwill private msg quote post Address this user
Overtraining takes more than people think. Over reaching is something that a typical person can experience

Also. Passing a drug test is more of an IQ test...look at lance Armstrong.
Post 10 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
overtraining is a thing but it takes so much to actually achieve it...I think what CT refers to is pussies that say "no I don't wanna do that, I don't wanna overtrain" but have only done 3 damn sets kinda thing.
he just believes in busting ur damn ass at the gym and not going home til ur done
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll tell you what the motherfucker can motivate. Thats for sure
Post 12 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickFromOmaha
I'll tell you what the motherfucker can motivate. Thats for sure

Damn right. Not to take anything away from him, I would never listen to most of his training advice but I love watching his vids just before heading for a workout.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Have you seen that guy he did a vid with "Hulk"? Dude just grunts and shit lol wwhat the hell is he on?!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Post 15 IP   flag post
Lol, HULK SMASH?! Oh yeah you just posted that up. Was just about to.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thats the black bane
Post 17 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
Overtraining in the way its understood my most people and the way its described in most fitness magazines etc doesn't exist but over training is a real thing with common signs being weakened immune system, lower performance levels, longer recovery periods needed etc

Remember a layne Norton video where he says it has never been proven that over training a muscle can lead to it being catabolic so training arms everyday for a year while stupid wouldn't lead to losing mass + the fact its biceps wouldn't be too detrimental to recovery compared to lets say squatting every day.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamere01
Overtraining in the way its understood my most people and the way its described in most fitness magazines etc doesn't exist but over training is a real thing with common signs being weakened immune system, lower performance levels, longer recovery periods needed etc

Remember a layne Norton video where he says it has never been proven that over training a muscle can lead to it being catabolic so training arms everyday for a year while stupid wouldn't lead to losing mass + the fact its biceps wouldn't be too detrimental to recovery compared to lets say squatting every day.

I actually experienced that (overtraining) for real. Ever heard of Lyle's UD 2.0 program? Really solid and effective but I ran it for way too long. More than 3.5 months duration. Flu, dragging ass daily, lack of libido, etc.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ha I listened to Nutrishops advice once n cut carbs almost completely out and was sick as hell. Thsts when I was new to nutrition lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
illwill private msg quote post Address this user
I've been in the low energy and trouble sleeping every night end of things. But that was more due to the lack of nutrition part of over training/not recovering well enough.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Yea see ive been on the bad end of nutrition and your body literally shuts down
Post 22 IP   flag post
Hiiibbbb private msg quote post Address this user
Lurkin
Post 23 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Want to see over training? Look at college wrestlers.
Post 24 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Want to see over training? Look at college wrestlers.

So much This ^^^
Post 25 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@ErickFromOmaha.. Layne have other overtrainig videos. But this is latest video of how you approach training to failure.
Post 26 IP   flag post
340617 26 26
destitute