Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
For the guys who have run something along the lines of 5/3/1 and deload regular, do you cut everything in half or just deload your main movement?
Post 1 IP   flag post
OwnsPwns private msg quote post Address this user
I just deload my main movement. Although it is a deload week, so If I don't feel like doing an exercise or if I feel like taking a day off, I take it off.
I've been running 5/3/1 for about 10 months now and I'm loving the deload weeks.
Post 2 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@AarronStenner When i got the email for 'NEW THREAD' and it said Deload week... i knew it was u after ur FB post.. hahaha...

I deload everything but arms, calves and rear delts.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yeah I cut everything in half yesterday on Deadift day and I felt there wasn't any point being there so ima just cut my main movement down to the prescribed %
Post 4 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi man yesterday was hard not going all out, as in up until before failure
Post 5 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Just remember that it is very beneficial and when you go heavy again you will be stronger than you could imagine
Post 6 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
What is this deload you speak of? Does it taste good? I've never had it
Post 7 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@NorIda you reminded me of this:

Post 8 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
I think when taking pre-planned deloads then the form of that deload should be self-regulated. If your feeling good and just deloading because its in the plan then just deload the main lift and slighty reduce volume from everything else (e.g 1 set less per exercise), if your feeling beat up and finding your recovery isn't 100% then maybe its best to cut everything in half.

No point wasting a week, going to the gym and doing fuck all if your feeling good. And no point doing too much that stops you from being 100% for the next cycle. You know your body best mate
Post 9 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular

Love this!
Post 10 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Typically I deloaded every 2 cycles (6 weeks) which envolved skipping the 5/3/1 sets at the beginning and decreasing the rest of the workload a bit.

Sometimes I'd just take a 5-7 days off and just do some core and mobility work every couple days.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks for the responses. I feel fine so im going to just go by feel and most likely deload the main movement
Post 12 IP   flag post
340609 12 12
destitute