Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ZammiNic private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanting peoples opinions on what my current split looks like.

Monday: Chest/Abs
Flat Bench - x5 (sets)
Incline Dumbbell: x4
flat dumbbell fly: x3
incline dumbbell fly: x3
abs

Tuesday: Back
wide grip weighted pull ups: x5
Bent Row x5
Chainsaw row: x4
Hammer Lat pull down: x4
Seated row: x3
Straight arm pull down: x3

Wednesday: Conventional Dead lifts / Calves / Abs
Deadlift: x6
Seated Calve: x4
Legpress Calve x5
Standing Calve x4
Abs

Thursday: Shoulders
Seated Dumbbell press: x5
Lateral Raise: x5
Cable Rear Delt Press (Gym has this machine that works it pretty well): x4
upright row ss dumbbell shrugs: x3

Friday: Arms
Standing Barbell Curl x5
Skull crushers x5
Seated Dumbbell Hammer curl x4
Dips x4
1 arm preacher curl x3
overhead tricep extension x3

Saturday: Legs
Squat x5
Hack squat x4
Leg Press x4
Glute Ham Raise x3
Seated Calve ss Standing Calve raises x5

Sunday: Rest

seems a alot when i put it down like that, but i hate coming home from work and having nothing to do, so i like the idea of a 6 day split and training often..
What would be some alternatives to this?

Been lean bulking for approximately 5 months and have seen gains in both strength and size...so it is working, but could i be doing better? Put on approximately 6kg's in this time and have stayed quite lean.
Been training since start of 2010.
Post 1 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@ZammiNic are u on any drugs ??
Post 2 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Not enough hamstring work.
Need more pulling work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Hamstring work is nearly non-existent compared to quad work. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@ZammiNic rather hit everything twice a week and give yourself at least 2 days rest. Pulling/ pushing routine or possibly split it up futher into a PPL and that way you can hit everything twice a week
Post 5 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi is that a legit question or are you just taking the piss? haha I'm not sure..
But no, i'm not on any drugs..

Thanks @Trev182 & @eknight .. I'll add in some SLDL's and leg curl work to my wednesday's and Saturdays to try and make up for that..

@brian , I've been considering either a PPL or a PHAT based routine for a while, for exactly that reason.. I'm going to slowly start the transition of bulk to cut within the next month or so, I think ill change my routine to either of them then.
thanks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@ZammiNic The reason i ask is only because through much study and trial and error myself.

Natural athletes don't need to train much more than 4times/week... let alone 6times.

Recovery and rest is when ur body is best amount of growth and if ur only taking 1 recovery day/week and absent of drugs to enhance ur recovery levels and process then ur progress, strength and growth will be limited.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi , so you're saying i should get on the juice so i can continue to train 6x/week haha

I understand the need for rest as it aids recovery, growth and ultimately progress, but i find it incredibly difficult to come home from work and sit around and do nothing, ie rest days..that was the main reason for spreading out my training throughout the week..i like to stay active.

Are there any alternative training methods that are out there for natural athletes that would better suit me, or is it just that i have to simply reduce my training days?

Appreciate your help man! thanks.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
You've mentioned PPL and PHAT...

PPL can be done 6 days a week, as long as volume is controlled. PHAT is 5 days a week.

You don't just have to sit around on your rest days; many people believe in "active recovery" such as hiking or cycling just to get active.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@ZammiNic I understand how u feel mate..

I had to gradually reduce myself from TWICE DAILY 6xtimes/week mate so trust me i understand. I grew most when i did Wendler on a 4day split.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks @Perfidy & FiremanSi , I'll take into consideration all of this and decide on a new program within the next month or so.

Wendler 4 day seems solid with a few of the accessory movements thrown in..

Thanks!
Post 11 IP   flag post
340738 11 11
destitute