Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Competitive BodybuildingContest PrepIntroductionPhysiqueProgress Pics

Should I do men's physique or bodybuilding?14837

oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
you can do either, but i prefer physique.
Post 26 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanair
you can do either, but i prefer physique.

The lady has spoken...

/thread
Post 27 IP   flag post
Steverogers private msg quote post Address this user
Lol thank you m'lady^^^ *tips fedora
Post 28 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers
Will do man... What are my major weak points guys? I want to really focus on bringing up my lagging parts for this show. Thanks.

Just from what I can see from the pics, I would try to improve lat width and also traps if I'm being picky. Since you are competing in physique those things may not matter as much. You never know what the judges are looking for that day so just come in peeled and put on a good smile
Post 29 IP   flag post
monstermash private msg quote post Address this user
Prefacing this with that I think you're in a good place for physique. I would second @SwoleAnimal on the lats, but for physique, I would say dialing in those abs and working on the extensor side of your forearms. And I know physique doesn't really take the legs too seriously since they keep them covered, but your calves may need some work--the photo angle makes it hard to look at them. The quads seem ok; however, in a close-up, anything looks bigger than it may be in person.

As an aside, photos that are straight-forward, in focus, with good lighting will make all of these comments a lot more helpful to you, as the comments will be better. I believe mostof these pictures are where you like the look or feel you look big/cut, which aren't necessarily the best for feedback.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Nasdaq12 private msg quote post Address this user
Physique Bruh!
Post 31 IP   flag post
@monstermash... Thanks for the advice, I will definitely be working on my lat width and forearms. You're right about the pictures. I will post current ones tonight after work. I'm doing this without a coach so I'm pretty lost when it comes to posing. Links to vids would be much appreciated.
Post 32 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
@nine0seven lmao

@Steverogers lol you are very welcome :p
Post 33 IP   flag post
Jordan private msg quote post Address this user
With your frame I'd say mens physique would be better suited for you. If you prefer to have a more aesthetic body and live a more fit life style it also would be prefered for you to do mens physique
Post 34 IP   flag post
@jordan... Sounds like mp will be a good fit for me. Any tips for learning how to pose? I have ZERO experience
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Steverogers I learned how to pose from my friend who competes so he kind of led the way on to what I know today. Also YouTube and watching others really helps if you are a visual learner. It's a lot harder than most think to perform and hold those poses, gets tiring as hell but I like to practice posing at least 4-5 times a week after my lifts for 5-10 minutes and sometimes longer just holding poses to get use to it.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Good advice, thanks @jordan. Is NPC a drug tested organization? Cause I don't want to be up against some Steve Cook lookin dudes and I'll be weighing like 165 lol
Post 37 IP   flag post
life8lood private msg quote post Address this user
Well be interested in following your log. You gonna keep it here or start a different thread?
Post 38 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
@Steverogers You could start with smaller shows. Seems like the guys stay pretty small, but come shredded as fuark
Post 39 IP   flag post
@life8lood I'm pretty new here. Should I start a log or just stay in here?

@swoleanimal, yeah that's probably the look I'll end up with. I'm really not sure what to expect out of this show. It seems to be a smaller local show but I'm brand new to competing so i'll have to just show up in my best form and do my best.
Post 40 IP   flag post
rklohe private msg quote post Address this user
@Steverogers feel free to start a contest prep log. Tons of us would love to follow along with your prep, training, etc.
Post 41 IP   flag post
life8lood private msg quote post Address this user
@Steverogers that was my first post so pretty new myself lol. But I've been on other forums and I think you'll get more followers if you make a designated log with a title explaining what it is.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone. This forum is my new official go-to forum from here on out. I was a member on bb.com but it's so full of trolls I can't even get a serious response out of someone. Plus, you guys actually lift lol.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @PROTON_FARTS
Post 43 IP   flag post
ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers
Lol thank you m'lady^^^ *tips fedora
Wow... What a gentlesir
Post 44 IP   flag post
@Steverogers NPC is drug free although people do illegal shit pre contest and let it get out of there system before testing is done. I'm not saying everyone does but there are always those few that do. Steve Cooks physique in amazing but again start with smaller shows and work your way up. It’s all about the small waist, broad shoulders, abs, smile and your stage presence
Post 45 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan
@Steverogers NPC is drug free

This is possibly the most laughable thing I've ever read on these forums and that's saying a lot. -3X
Post 46 IP   flag post
@eknight You should probably read the rest of what I said...
Post 47 IP   flag post
Ok @eknight... You seem to know what's up. Being realistic, do I stand a chance? I honestly don't want to waste my time if I'm just going to be up against a bunch of shredded fake natties.
Post 48 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
If it was me, I'd try to find a show that's not NPC sponsored then. -3X
Post 49 IP   flag post
340832 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?