Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Phat Modified Schedule14769

jackedman11 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello people, 48 hours between chest/arms and power upper doesn't work for me. I wanted to change up the split for PHAT. Would something like this work and be beneficial:

Upper Power
Lower Power
Back/Shoulders Hyper
off
Chest/Arms Hyper
Lower Hyper
Off

or am I just better off with Upper/Lower/off/Push/Pull/Legs/Off Power/Hyper style?
Post 1 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Either should be fine
Post 2 IP   flag post
gymguy6969 private msg quote post Address this user
Not enough recovery time between upper and back and shoulders..
Post 3 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
@jackedman11
Same thing, I know some people here use to do the 5days in a row and have the weekend off. As long as you respect the basic layout you can change the days as you want.

@gymguy6969
Original has same recovery time between upper and chest+ arms. No programme is perfect and if you look hard enough you can find flaws..... I seriously doubt there will be detrimental effects to gains or performance working back with only 1 day in-between.
Post 4 IP   flag post
gymguy6969 private msg quote post Address this user
Good points. Then yes OP do it the first way.. its still phat just different order.. the second way is your own spin so I agree wit poster above.
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@jackedman11 Ur better of NOT doing the program.. it was designed specifically as it was structured.

Pick a different program that suits u.
Post 6 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
@jackedman11 Ur better of NOT doing the program.. it was designed specifically as it was structured.

Pick a different program that suits u.

To that point, OP, why don't you give it a try and allow your body to adapt. Start off a bit lighter and work your way up. As long as your sleeping enough and getting adequate calories you should be able to recover as the program was designed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@jackedman11 why doesn't 48 hours between those days work? -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm going to try it how I suggested. Thanks for the opinions.
Post 9 IP   flag post
And fireman, thats incorrect. I've done searches and Lynae says himself it's a system not a routine. I've also seen him on an MD forum saying people can run it 5 days straight if they choose. So my way shouldn't really matter that much.
Post 10 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like u have all the answers u wanted !!
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You never answered my question- why isn't there enough recovery time? When Layne wrote the program, he obviously felt there was. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
340762 12 12
destitute