Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.WTF

gym fails (post your own!)14605

ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly havent had too many embarassing moments. I stay entertained by the variety of people I have at 24hr fitness
Post 26 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RudeCrew
I've broke my nose several times from fighting a few years back, and I never got it put back into place so its pretty crooked. Well 3 weeks ago I bent over to pick up a 45lb plate and when I stood up I smashed my nose into the barbell and it smashed my nose back into place. Its still a little crooked but looks 10x's better haha

HAHAHA you sir are a legend!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had a sprinting competition with my friend on the treadmills after a heavy leg session a long time ago. We cranked the treadmills to full speed and the first person to stop or lower the speed would lose and have to pay for drinks and be the driver on the coming Friday night. It was hectic and we looked ridiculous. My friend more so than me, his jelly squat legs couldn't handle it and fell over face first onto the treadmill and shot back into the pec deck machine that was behind. It was so damn funny.

My wife and I train at an awesome gym in South Africa during our winter break (she is Korean and we live in Korea). Westerners always think she is way younger than she is. Anyway, a high school boy tried chatting her up and had a pen and paper ready to take down her number in the gym. He thought she was a new exchange student. lol. She is actually 28 (not 16). I was standing near by (behind him), I didn't want to interrupt, it was just too funny. Anyway, eventually my wife pointed to me, saying that I was her husband. He turned around, I glared at him (I wasn't angry, I just wanted to enjoy watching him feeling awkward), and he stumbled and VERY quickly ran away and went home. Great ego boost for my wife! haha
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
I had a sprinting competition with my friend on the treadmills after a heavy leg session a long time ago. We cranked the treadmills to full speed and the first person to stop or lower the speed would lose and have to pay for drinks and be the driver on the coming Friday night. It was hectic and we looked ridiculous. My friend more so than me, his jelly squat legs couldn't handle it and fell over face first onto the treadmill and shot back into the pec deck machine that was behind. It was so damn funny.

My wife and I train at an awesome gym in South Africa during our winter break (she is Korean and we live in Korea). Westerners always think she is way younger than she is. Anyway, a high school boy tried chatting her up and had a pen and paper ready to take down her number in the gym. He thought she was a new exchange student. lol. She is actually 28 (not 16). I was standing near by (behind him), I didn't want to interrupt, it was just too funny. Anyway, eventually my wife pointed to me, saying that I was her husband. He turned around, I glared at him (I wasn't angry, I just wanted to enjoy watching him feeling awkward), and he stumbled and VERY quickly ran away and went home. Great ego boost for my wife! haha

Haha yes! Its just entertainment to watch and laugh when they see you standing to the side.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The worst is when someone makes eye contact with you during a set. I dont care who you are you know you have that creepy grunt rapey face pushing out that last max.
Post 30 IP   flag post

kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
I was squatting with no clamp and a guy was next to me bending down to grab a plate from the rack I was on. I unracked the weight, lost control of the bar and one by one the plates all fell on his head and crushed his skull.

I hit a PR later though so not all was lost.
Post 31 IP   flag post
databas1c private msg quote post Address this user
Not really a gym fail, but I definitely ripped ass in a hot yoga class one time.

I've also had so many different box jump fails. I think my favorite one was on a depth jump (24"->12" i think). I accidentally got my toe stuck under the second plyo box when jumping and lifted the box up and proceeded to fall forward over it. I think i had 3 separate bruises from that once incident.
Post 32 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
@op- how stupid would you feel if they were only working half reps because that's the part on bench they need work on the most and they are actually like some world record holders or something. Don't be too quick to fire the gun.
Post 33 IP   flag post
OlympusSculpted private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
@op- how stupid would you feel if they were only working half reps because that's the part on bench they need work on the most and they are actually like some world record holders or something. Don't be too quick to fire the gun.
take your own advice - 135 for sets of 4 isn't a world record unless you are an infant and I asked if there was a benefit from this plus you can half rep more than you can reg bench lol k thnx
Post 34 IP   flag post
Rawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My wife and I train at an awesome gym in South Africa during our winter break (she is Korean and we live in Korea).

Where about's do you train in SA?

Walked into the lockers one day. to check some dude lubing himself up with lotion. like right in front of my locker. My eyes went down to his dangling sausage, and up again to meet his eyes. FFS, most awkward moment of my life. then he had to shuffle all his shit out the way so i could get my bag. everytime I see him train now i little nausea creeps over me. like OMF i know what that hairy fat fucker looks like naked...and he enjoyed it
Post 35 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
@brian12 I have a similar situation quite often when im on a night out with my misses, I don't get mad because it's hilarious when my misses accepts a free drink from them and says, see that tall guy behind me; that's my boyfriend and the guy just quivers away haha
Post 36 IP   flag post
@Rawn Either in Cape Town at the Planet Fitness (Plattekloof), such a great gym. Or when we are in George, we just head to the Virgin Active which is pretty good because it caters for all the Eagles rugby guys so it's kitted out better than most. U from SA?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Rawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Rawn Either in Cape Town at the Planet Fitness (Plattekloof), such a great gym. Or when we are in George, we just head to the Virgin Active which is pretty good because it caters for all the Eagles rugby guys so it's kitted out better than most. U from SA?

Yeah from Jozi. the cape is nice, enjoy it down there when we go for a holiday
Post 38 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
One time I was leg pressing and I do all my leg work barefoot or in socks. This old woman comes up to me and starts giving out that my socks are touching the machine.I turned to her really amused and said 'So its okay for everyone to put their shoes which have been rubbing off the dirty floor all day picking up pieces of dog shit and god knows what else but my white cotton socks are too dirty?' laughed popped back in ear phones and got to work .
Post 39 IP   flag post
340762 39 14
destitute