Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.WTF

gym fails (post your own!)14605

OlympusSculpted private msg quote post Address this user
So I went to the gym on today even though it was my off day, but that's not the main focus. When I arrived I noticed 2 extremely hard asses.. I'm not the one to judge, but man these dudes were tools. First off they come to do chest on a Sunday (everyone knows chest day is monday!) but that's not the worst part. While in the middle of my set I hear a gorilla like grunt. I nearly drop my weights and shit my pants. I look over to see the most horrific set of half reps known to man. The dude lowered the bar maybe 6 inches from starting point, let out a roar that would scare a full grown liger, and then re racked. I was intrigued by this mans intense form, so after my set I took another look. They were doing sets of 4 half reps and cheering each other on.. Keep in mind these dudes are barley bigger than me and I'm a pretty small guy (lean but small). Anyone have any similar stories? And am I just seeing this wrong? Is there some benefit to this half rep workout? I'm going to assume not. Ps my phone died before I got to the gym or else I would have caught this rare footage. Fml lol
Post 1 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Man you just can't imagine the mess they're doing in my gym.. Parallel or deeper squat is as rare as pope shit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Johanna private msg quote post Address this user
Geez I thought this was going to be a different type of gym fails.... like, i dropped a plate on my foot a couple months ago and around that same time nailed my head on a barbell I didn't see. but yeah, those people and their squats....I get more depth on calf raises than some of those people haha.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dai private msg quote post Address this user
I liked Johanna kind of fail

Like one time I was actually doing incline on the smith (I know I sinned) cause the 2 benches where busy, so I started low and raised to what I have decided to do. During the set I felt that one side was heavier then the other and didn't realized it. Took me 2 more set for me to realize when I was about to remove the weight, that the two side was different. One had 17 kg and the other had 7 kg
Post 4 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
my bro wanted to spot me on db bench press...so he told me that he puts the dumbbells in my hands and i should just chill...haha yea he put one dumbbell in my hand and i fell off the bench because i couldnt handle the weight just on one side

was bad ass in a set calf raises while my bro was doing leg press....then suddenly a loud fart appeared and i knew it was my bro and i had to interrupt my set because i just had to laugh
Post 5 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
I've broke my nose several times from fighting a few years back, and I never got it put back into place so its pretty crooked. Well 3 weeks ago I bent over to pick up a 45lb plate and when I stood up I smashed my nose into the barbell and it smashed my nose back into place. Its still a little crooked but looks 10x's better haha
Post 6 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Fell over a bunch of times and landed on my ass teaching myself to front squat.

Hit myself in the head with dumbells on the layback for apress.

Caught my hand between the dumbbell and the rack, reracking tired so many times the skin got too tough to cut.

When I was much more strict I once walked into a gym all geared up preworkout taken looked around realized it wasn't the day I thought it was and that I shouldn't be working out. Shook my head too three steps forward towards the dressing room and then just turned around and left with a sad look on my face.
Post 7 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
when I was 16 years old I was using the Smith machine for incline presses and after my last set I racked the weight and sat ahead, within seconds the bar came crashing down and hit the stoppers mid way up (I didn't set them, they were already there) and it about 100-150lbs just missed my upper back/ spine
Post 8 IP   flag post
coolguy1993 private msg quote post Address this user
Bench press boners
Post 9 IP   flag post
^^ hahahah wut
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
^^ hahahah wut
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
^^ hahahah wut

Honestly more than half the time I'm lying there pitching a tent and my joggers are a poor fit so it's really obvious. You get some strange looks but they're just 'mirin.
Squatting with a boner is more of a problem- that shit is dangerous.
Post 12 IP   flag post
stingray72 private msg quote post Address this user
LOL
Post 13 IP   flag post
strong libido is strong @coolguy
Post 14 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
Cool guy you on test bro? Lol
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian
I think he gets too excited that he's making gains
Post 16 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Easiest place to get a pump.
Post 17 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
I've dropped a 20kg weight on my toe, cut my head open on another machine; used to do some stupid exercises before I gathered decent knowledge from SS which looking back are quite embarrassing
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
I think coolguy is getting a different kind of pump in the gym if you catch my drift
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian

I have test instead of blood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympusSculpted
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
I think coolguy is getting a different kind of pump in the gym if you catch my drift

I made an thread about a hot girl in my gym at uni a few months ago. I do hope your suggestion involves her
Post 20 IP   flag post
Xxlean private msg quote post Address this user
haha @ coolguy..bench press boners, thats some funny shit man, thats something that you would see on jackass.

@ Rudecrew....are you talking mma fighting or like beating someones ass at a bar type of fight.
Post 21 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
@Xxlean just fucking up people that like to talk shit haha
Post 22 IP   flag post
Xxlean private msg quote post Address this user
@_RudeCrew lol thats what i thought.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Bigdaveyessex private msg quote post Address this user
There was a massive roid head in the gym I used to go to who would scream the following words over and over, one with each rep on the bench:Beast! Warrior! Legend!

Glad I'm natural!
Post 24 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Some guy tried telling my gf not to squat so low then tried to show her but chu know what I says?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Honestly havent had too many embarassing moments. I stay entertained by the variety of people I have at 24hr fitness
Post 26 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RudeCrew
I've broke my nose several times from fighting a few years back, and I never got it put back into place so its pretty crooked. Well 3 weeks ago I bent over to pick up a 45lb plate and when I stood up I smashed my nose into the barbell and it smashed my nose back into place. Its still a little crooked but looks 10x's better haha

HAHAHA you sir are a legend!
Post 27 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a sprinting competition with my friend on the treadmills after a heavy leg session a long time ago. We cranked the treadmills to full speed and the first person to stop or lower the speed would lose and have to pay for drinks and be the driver on the coming Friday night. It was hectic and we looked ridiculous. My friend more so than me, his jelly squat legs couldn't handle it and fell over face first onto the treadmill and shot back into the pec deck machine that was behind. It was so damn funny.

My wife and I train at an awesome gym in South Africa during our winter break (she is Korean and we live in Korea). Westerners always think she is way younger than she is. Anyway, a high school boy tried chatting her up and had a pen and paper ready to take down her number in the gym. He thought she was a new exchange student. lol. She is actually 28 (not 16). I was standing near by (behind him), I didn't want to interrupt, it was just too funny. Anyway, eventually my wife pointed to me, saying that I was her husband. He turned around, I glared at him (I wasn't angry, I just wanted to enjoy watching him feeling awkward), and he stumbled and VERY quickly ran away and went home. Great ego boost for my wife! haha
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
I had a sprinting competition with my friend on the treadmills after a heavy leg session a long time ago. We cranked the treadmills to full speed and the first person to stop or lower the speed would lose and have to pay for drinks and be the driver on the coming Friday night. It was hectic and we looked ridiculous. My friend more so than me, his jelly squat legs couldn't handle it and fell over face first onto the treadmill and shot back into the pec deck machine that was behind. It was so damn funny.

My wife and I train at an awesome gym in South Africa during our winter break (she is Korean and we live in Korea). Westerners always think she is way younger than she is. Anyway, a high school boy tried chatting her up and had a pen and paper ready to take down her number in the gym. He thought she was a new exchange student. lol. She is actually 28 (not 16). I was standing near by (behind him), I didn't want to interrupt, it was just too funny. Anyway, eventually my wife pointed to me, saying that I was her husband. He turned around, I glared at him (I wasn't angry, I just wanted to enjoy watching him feeling awkward), and he stumbled and VERY quickly ran away and went home. Great ego boost for my wife! haha

Haha yes! Its just entertainment to watch and laugh when they see you standing to the side.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The worst is when someone makes eye contact with you during a set. I dont care who you are you know you have that creepy grunt rapey face pushing out that last max.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340762 39 30
destitute