Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.NewbieWTF

Post the worst/funniest advice you've gotten14583

T1no1 private msg quote post Address this user
So I just saw this post on gym memes, thought it would make a a fun thread for a good lol




Made me lol pretty hard so in this thread:

Post your own (funniest) experience with bro scientists!
Post 1 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
I was doing 4 seconds concentric and eccentric on tricep pulldown once for sets of 10-12 reps and a guy said "You know you can put down the weight?"
Post 2 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
"Don't start until you hit your natural limit." srs.










Post 3 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
- creatine is a steroid
- whey is a steroid
- mass gainer is a steroid
- amino acid is a steroid
- pre workout is a steroid
- bcaa is a steroid
- Everything thats out there is a steroid.
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
"Don't start until you hit your natural limit." srs.



Man, sometimes I wish I never took that advice.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
Why? @wannabe
Post 6 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@Scotian well why wait? Just because you can do it naturally, why do it that way? You could argue health, or that it's more respectable to put in the ten years of hardwork, but I don't see it that way. I see tools, tools I can use to achieve my goals faster and make my time spent more productive. I'll choose that route any day.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
Most people argue work ethic; understandable for some but not all.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
If i was interested in competing jn bodybuilding id be juicing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it's stupid to think but I think you'll have a higher threshold for how big you can get if you're big first then juice.

Plus you actually spend the time in the gym and decide if it's really something you'll stick with forever and decide if it's worth it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Juiced up fat broscience middle aged bber who doesn't diet telling young enthusiastic trainee which couldn't weigh more than 140 pounds that he (the young trainee) needs to take in a minimum of 250g protein daily if on a bulk or else working out will "catabolithize" his muscles.

I guess he made up that word out of nowhere.
Post 11 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
"Don't start until you hit your natural limit." srs.












It's overplayed but there is good logic behind it.
There are so many guys who get into training don't learn a thing then juice, when they hit a plateau, stall or things slow down they just add more juice because that is the only tool in their box.

If you haven't encountered road blocks and problems with bulking, cutting, working on weaknesses and gaining strength then you should not be using steroids cause you don't even know how to train.

@Scotian don't think you have the ability to get bigger you are just a smarter trainer, you can't coverup any lack of knowledge or holes with compounds.
Post 12 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Testosterone and growth hormone are something I've never really considered using, but I know I will some day.
For me they are going to be something that allows me to progress for an extra few years when my body would normally begin winding down.
Post 13 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian
Why? @wannabe


Well, first of all, how do you ever really know when you hit your natural limit?

I'm not saying young guys who are into lifting, at the moment, should just go get on the juice. For me though, I've been in and out of lifting since I was a young teenager. I'm 40 now and still don't see myself as I'd like to be. I've thought about getting on AAS for many many years but was held back by FEAR. Fuck, fear?!?! Fuck that. I should have done it when I was in my mid twenties the first time I had the opportunity.

AAS is a tool, that if used properly and with respect, is a great asset to anyone into bodybuilding or strength training.

The only rule I'd urge anyone to stick to is that you should not do it until you're at least past your early twenties when you're done with your natural Testosterone peak.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@IrishGymSheep woo, I can't wait to use GH. GH offers sooo many benefits for males, it's crazy. I want to run it year round low dose, just 4-6iu/day would be perfect.
Post 15 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I'll add that maybe now in my older age, as things are definitely harder, it's a bigger thing on my mind. Like "man, if only I had . . . ", ya know?

I WILL BE Juicing and you will all hear about it when I'm ready.
Post 16 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bucky. I dont take steds because of what I am as a person. Im always challenge trying to get better at something that most people dont go. I dont want to be an average joe, I always want to be different. I want something or fulfill something that I can brag about and say that I did it in a harder way than most. Im a fan of Big guys, But I have higher respect on Big natural guys. I love the feeling of frustration, pain, fear, problems. Every step is like a game that I need to unlock and steds is like cheat code that will take away my fun. Its like when I take it and achieve my goals today NOW what? what am i gonna do now?. i want the chase, I love the challenge. I know i might not reach my greatest goal physique but I will still try. And when I do reach it thats what I call my Success! my greatest achievement.
Post 17 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
@IrishGymSheep woo, I can't wait to use GH. GH offers sooo many benefits for males, it's crazy. I want to run it year round low dose, just 4-6iu/day would be perfect.


I will be more comfortable when I see this generation of people in places like America taking it and how they end up.
Science always looks back at the science of previous times as barbaric and idiotic foolish to think that our science is going to be looked at any different.


One thing I would like to play around with is nootropics, ever ready much on them?
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
@Scotian well why wait? Just because you can do it naturally, why do it that way? You could argue health, or that it's more respectable to put in the ten years of hardwork, but I don't see it that way. I see tools, tools I can use to achieve my goals faster and make my time spent more productive. I'll choose that route any day.



Jumps on my soapbox.


So much wrong here.

Set aside, for a minute, the health of your heart and liver.

Set aside the fact that you're never going to be a professional bodybuilder. That's not a dig at you. It's just what is. So what's the point in doing it? So you look better in the mirror?

Set aside the fact that at your age or training experience, I was lifting more than you, weighing far less, and I didn't need these kinds of "tools" to get shit done.

Consider this- one day you may have children. Little Sally is going to come home with an F for a grade because she was caught cheating. How are you going to have the "cheating is wrong" conversation with her, when she says, "Dad, you cheated when you were young by taking illegal drugs."?

And don't tell me you don't consider it cheating. You don't get to set up your own rules in the face of what the rest of the world has legislated or believes. You can't get pulled over doing 110mph in a 45mph zone and tell the cop, "I don't consider that speeding. I thought it was just a suggestion."

Wonder how Nancy and Daniel Benoit feel about their father's "tools?"

If you consider your 20's the best years of your life, that explains a lot.

Off of soapbox.

-3X
Post 19 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@jonrivs49 lol you still have to workout... And it still takes years to develop a pro level physique, but it definitely chops off a considerable amount of time getting there. I don't want to spend the next ten years though working to achieve the body I wanted back in my twenties. I want it in the best years of my life.

@IrishGymSheep people have been taking GH for a couple decades now... I forget the exact year/decade cadaver GH started up but it was 30+ years back. Here's a quick little snapshot of a thread one of the mods of GH15 was writing on the benefits of GH in males:



On mobile, sorry I can't try backing up the claims with scientific studies or anything right now.

As for the nootropics, I tried some once but I drank it with coffee and puked everywhere haha. There are some interesting and promising ones out there though.
Post 20 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bucky. Its always a personal choice. If you think that what is best for you then go for it. I still admire people with physique even their in juice. Just saying my personal opinion.

Setting aside bad effects of steds and lets say its legal.

Which do you think is badass natural guy who can lift heavy weight or juice guy who can lift heavy weights.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight I was waiting for you to step in here. Regardless, still don't see it as cheating. If the rest of society does then that's fine by me, think what you want. The problem with your speeding analogy though is I'm not only playing with my health at that point, I'm risking others peoples. With steroids I'm not, my body, my benefits or problems that come with the gear usage.

The heart and liver problems that can happen are not guaranteed and there are precautionaries you can take to avoid the hepatoxicity and heart problems. Alcohol and tobacco do way worse, do you think I should just smoke and drink then since it's okay by society's views?

I don't want to be a pro bodybuilder though, but I want to be at that level of physique. The contest prep and all of that doesn't appeal to me. I'm okay with that, but I'm going to still use whatever tools I have to achieve that same level of physique so long as it doesn't negatively impact me.

Please tell me though how me considering my younger years to be my best explains a lot though? I'm curious to what you mean by this. Sorry if I don't find being old appealing.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@jonrivs49 Juice guy. He will have veins popping everywhere and look way freakier. And probably lift more also.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
@Bucky- yea you are going to feel like you are 16 again once you are on the substance but have you ever thought about what you are going to feel like once you get off? Let me give you a little personal experience before you go fucking yourself up like i did. I took my fair share of AAS and let me tell you, it took me six months to get back to my normal self again. Even doing everything correctly i went from being a monster in the gym to dropping 20 lbs because i had no motivation, no test, and just fucked up hormones in general. Dont be stupid, you will never be anything besides a recreational lifter and you dont want to go through that shit
@eknight- you are exactly right, thank you for your opinions.
@wannabemuscular -read above, you dont want to get on that shit. Like i said yea you might look better for a little while but wait until you get some estrogen rebound or your test is even lower after you stop cycling. Then you got real problems.
Post 24 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bucky. Its like picasso vs photoshop. you can create greater image in photoshop but you cant top the work of an artist.
Post 25 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

Jumps on my soapbox.


So much wrong here.

Set aside, for a minute, the health of your heart and liver.

Set aside the fact that you're never going to be a professional bodybuilder. That's not a dig at you. It's just what is. So what's the point in doing it? So you look better in the mirror?

Set aside the fact that at your age or training experience, I was lifting more than you, weighing far less, and I didn't need these kinds of "tools" to get shit done.

Consider this- one day you may have children. Little Sally is going to come home with an F for a grade because she was caught cheating. How are you going to have the "cheating is wrong" conversation with her, when she says, "Dad, you cheated when you were young by taking illegal drugs."?

And don't tell me you don't consider it cheating. You don't get to set up your own rules in the face of what the rest of the world has legislated or believes. You can't get pulled over doing 110mph in a 45mph zone and tell the cop, "I don't consider that speeding. I thought it was just a suggestion."

Wonder how Nancy and Daniel Benoit feel about their father's "tools?"

If you consider your 20's the best years of your life, that explains a lot.

Off of soapbox.

-3X


So much wrong here, what's the point in doing it?
Whatever point you want, all of life is meaningless everything you do is pointless it's only given meaning by your beliefs. Meaningless for you important for others.
You don't get to dictate what is right to others and if you think you do then your an asshole.

Yes lets set aside the fact you were strong, like we will set aside the fact that right now he weighs more than you, is taller than you and all the other completely irrelevant information. Seriously what was your point in bringing that up?
That you are strong or were? That has absolutely nothing got to do with him.
He could train one day a month and eat pizza and be weaker and smaller than you if he wants to do it then why the shouldn't he be able to?

Actually I do get to set up my own rules I live by my own rules and my own code. If I speed and a cop pulls me over he is pulling me over for not abiding by societies rules, just because society deems it "right" does not make it so.
How about the people who opposed Apartheid or Jim Crow?
Nazi's were just following orders, doing the lawful thing.

In the Benoit case, considering that there is a history of brain injury and that is an isolated and very unique case. Let's also consider that more people die as a result of many more widely available drugs than steroids. But a scandal is always good to rouse the uneducated rabble!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

Jumps on my soapbox.


So much wrong here.

Set aside, for a minute, the health of your heart and liver.

Set aside the fact that you're never going to be a professional bodybuilder. That's not a dig at you. It's just what is. So what's the point in doing it? So you look better in the mirror?

Set aside the fact that at your age or training experience, I was lifting more than you, weighing far less, and I didn't need these kinds of "tools" to get shit done.

Consider this- one day you may have children. Little Sally is going to come home with an F for a grade because she was caught cheating. How are you going to have the "cheating is wrong" conversation with her, when she says, "Dad, you cheated when you were young by taking illegal drugs."?

And don't tell me you don't consider it cheating. You don't get to set up your own rules in the face of what the rest of the world has legislated or believes. You can't get pulled over doing 110mph in a 45mph zone and tell the cop, "I don't consider that speeding. I thought it was just a suggestion."

Wonder how Nancy and Daniel Benoit feel about their father's "tools?"

If you consider your 20's the best years of your life, that explains a lot.

Off of soapbox.

-3X


So much wrong here, what's the point in doing it?
Whatever point you want, all of life is meaningless everything you do is pointless it's only given meaning by your beliefs. Meaningless for you important for others.
You don't get to dictate what is right to others and if you think you do then your an asshole.

Yes lets set aside the fact you were strong, like we will set aside the fact that right now he weighs more than you, is taller than you and all the other completely irrelevant information. Seriously what was your point in bringing that up?
That you are strong or were? That has absolutely nothing got to do with him.
He could train one day a month and eat pizza and be weaker and smaller than you if he wants to do it then why the shouldn't he be able to?

Actually I do get to set up my own rules I live by my own rules and my own code. If I speed and a cop pulls me over he is pulling me over for not abiding by societies rules, just because society deems it "right" does not make it so.
How about the people who opposed Apartheid or Jim Crow?
Nazi's were just following orders, doing the lawful thing.

Considering that there is a history of brain injury and that is an isolated and very unique case. Let's also consider that more people die as a result of many more widely available drugs than steroids. But a scandal is always good to rouse the uneducated rabble!


For once I actually will agree with you here. This is what I was trying to say.
Post 27 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Not going to further this argument. My post was not to change anyone's mind it was to present my point of view. -3X
Post 28 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight it's not an argument unless you're mad, I'm not mad ha. We both gave our opinion on it, it's good for discussion. We just obviously have very different views. Very, very different.
Post 29 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
@Bucky I would be more interested in the better blood work than anything else I think!

Those effects are interesting but really nothing to justify the cost for our age I think.
I'd consider extra libido a downside at this age.
Added IQ? Well IQ is a terrible way of looking at memory if it did raise they types of intelligence that relate to IQ testing I would like to see how it effects the others.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340738 124 30
destitute