Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Starting PHAT14545

SnackIt private msg quote post Address this user
Im about to start PHAT today, and I'm just wondering if it would do any harm to do push and pull instead off the chest/arms and back/shoulders day, like:

Upper
Lower
Rest
Push
Pull
Legs
Rest
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
If you follow the same type of rep and set scheme it probably won't make much difference, but why change it? What's your end-game in wanting to do that rather than just running one or the other? If you can run a 5 day split at all, running it as it's laid out fits your schedule, so it can't be that. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
If you follow the same type of rep and set scheme it probably won't make much difference, but why change it? What's your end-game in wanting to do that rather than just running one or the other? If you can run a 5 day split at all, running it as it's laid out fits your schedule, so it can't be that. -3X

My legs don't recover so fast, so having it at the last day will help me with that, but if i do that at the normal chest/arms and back/shoulders, then my chest workout would suffer from back/shoulders, so push/pull instead of back/shoulders and chest/arms would not hinder eachother
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Why would your chest workout suffer from back/shoulders? Not following you there. Last time I ran PHAT, I went:
M- upper power
T- lower power
W- back/shoulders
T- chest/arms
F- legs

No issues with recovery at all. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Why would your chest workout suffer from back shoulders? Not following you there. Last time I ran PHAT, I went:
M- upper power
T- lower power
W- back/shoulders
T- chest/arms
F- legs

No issues with recovery at all. -3X

Don't you use your shoulders a lot when working out chest, having shoulders before chest day for me would be like working them two days a row.
Post 5 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
If benching affects your shoulders that much, you should focus on learning proper bench form.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
You're literally doing only 3 sets for anterior delts on that shoulder day. If three sets is going to hinder your chest workouts, you might not be ready for an advanced program like PHAT. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
No it normally don't hinder my chest workout, just what i learnt that you never should have shoulders before chest, or chest before shoulders, gonna stick to upper/lower, push, pull, legs for now, everything is basically the same as the normal phat format.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
That's what you learned? It's nonsense.

OP asks the same question in 2 separate threads.
Is told it's probably not the best set-up.
Does it anyway.

Why bother asking at all? -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
That's what you learned? It's nonsense.

OP asks the same question in 2 separate threads.
Is told it's probably not the best set-up.
Does it anyway.

Why bother asking at all? -3X

Matt Ogus does it like this? why would it even be bad to push/pull/legs instead of chest/arms and back/shoulders.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Are you a pro with years of training under your belt like Matt?

Similarly, why would it be bad to run chest day after 3 sets of shoulders? It's not rational to believe that 3 sets of overhead pressing movements will affect your chest day when done 24 hours before. -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Are you a pro with years of training under your belt like Matt?

Similarly, why would it be bad to run chest day after 3 sets of shoulders? It's not rational to believe that 3 sets of overhead pressing movements will affect your chest day when done 24 hours before. -3X

No im not a pro like Matt, and i dont know so much as you do mate, just wanted to do PHAT, and at same time make it fit my daily life, i will run it like it is supposed to do, but with legs at end, like you posted, thanks a lot
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Like I said, it may not make a huge difference, but I am just confused at why you'd ask this twice, when you seem to have your mind made up already.

Good luck. -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Like I said, it may not make a huge difference, but I am just confused at why you'd ask this twice, when you seem to have your mind made up already.

Good luck. -3X

Thanks mate, i got a little OCD on this things.
Post 14 IP   flag post
340732 14 14
destitute