Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingHypertrophySplit AdviceTeenTraining Programs

P/P/L??14512

SnackIt private msg quote post Address this user
Just about to go on a bulk, my main goal is hypertrophy, interested to try out an PPL routine, is this good to go?

Found this workout somewhere, Coolcicadas PPL.

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 5x5
DB Shoulder Press: 3x8-10
Incline DB Press: 3x-8-10
DB Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Skullcrushers: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns: 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns: 3x8-10
Seated Rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Shrugs:3x10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls: 3x10-12
Dumbell Curls: 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 5x5
Leg Press: 3x8-10
Leg Extensions: 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls: 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises: 5x10-12

Will be doing something like this:
Monday: Push
Tuesday: Pull
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Push
Saturday: Pull
Sunday: Legs
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Shrugs should be on Pull day.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Shrugs should be on Pull day.

Ops, fixed
Post 3 IP   flag post
Anyhting wrong with it? or anything i should changes, or am i good to go?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Personally I would do more Barbell Rows and/or Seated Rows. Maybe get those to 5 sets. For leg day I would do more Ham curls. Maybe 5 sets of those.

What are your stats and training experience? You say your goal is hypertrophy. Do you have your diet on point? That's where growth will come from.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Personally I would do more Barbell Rows and/or Seated Rows. Maybe get those to 5 sets. For leg day I would do more Ham curls. Maybe 5 sets of those.

What are your stats and training experience? You say your goal is hypertrophy. Do you have your diet on point? That's where growth will come from.

Everything is on point just have to find a push/pull/leg workout routine.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
No deadlifts?
Post 7 IP   flag post
You're new here right? If you want to stick around you'll need to provide your stats and put up a profile pic. Then when you get set on your P/P/L routine start a log of it and update regularly.

"On point". Do you have a calorie target? Do you track you calories and macros?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
No deadlifts?

Not sure if i should add them on leg day or back day.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
You're new here right? If you want to stick around you'll need to provide your stats and put up a profile pic. Then when you get set on your P/P/L routine start a log of it and update regularly.

"On point". Do you have a calorie target? Do you track you calories and macros?

Yes, 300 calories over maintenance, 1g x bodyweight with protein, 0.45g fat and rest filled with carbs, tracking my calories and macros everyday, just finish up my cut, down 20 pounds so far.
Post 10 IP   flag post
illwill private msg quote post Address this user
When Eknight get's here he's going to scold you on your brutal quad to ham volume ratio.

And I can tell you since I started following a more 50/50 ratio on the two that was suggested by him my knee that used to give me trouble stopped...and I have seen a lot better leg development.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill
When Eknight get's here he's going to scold you on your brutal quad to ham volume ratio.

And I can tell you since I started following a more 50/50 ratio on the two that was suggested by him my knee that used to give me trouble stopped...and I have seen a lot better leg development.

Will fix that, but the rest look good?
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

And I can tell you since I started following a more 50/50 ratio on the two that was suggested by him my knee that used to give me trouble stopped...and I have seen a lot better leg development.[/quote
This. And thanks. And glad you're getting results.

OP- IMO, you're a little high on the fats, which means you're possibly low on carbs. -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:

And I can tell you since I started following a more 50/50 ratio on the two that was suggested by him my knee that used to give me trouble stopped...and I have seen a lot better leg development.[/quote
This. And thanks. And glad you're getting results.

OP- IMO, you're a little high on the fats, which means you're possibly low on carbs. -3X

394g carbs, 160g protein and 65g fat, so i should add some hamstring work to my leg days? what about the push and pull days, is it okey?
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You could likely stand to add a few more sets to your primary pull movements, but other than that it looks good. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
Add ham work and remove some quad work.

I'd say you should remove incline press and add some more flat chest work as well. DB chest press or flys or something. you have more shoulder work than chest work on your push day.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thanks guys, starting this on monday, this is not to much for someone who are natural? going 5-6 days a week to the gym, i make sure that i eat enough.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Make sure you eat enough and equally important make sure you sleep enough.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Make sure you eat enough and equally important make sure you sleep enough.

I will, sleeping around 8-9 hours.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Anyone else here doing PPL?? who can give me an short review on it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
I ran ppl rest ppl rest on a continuous rotation for 4 months concentrating on the compounds 5x5 and loved it.

Seen very good strength gains and enjoyed it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I do it. I like it a lot and honestly it has worked the best for me. I don't take a rest day every 4th day, because I know that something in my life will happen and I won't make the gym that day.

For fun I'll add in a shoulder and arm day sometimes before a rest day as well. It might not be optimal but I enjoy training and that day is particularly fun for me.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
I do it. I like it a lot and honestly it has worked the best for me. I don't take a rest day every 4th day, because I know that something in my life will happen and I won't make the gym that day.

For fun I'll add in a shoulder and arm day sometimes before a rest day as well. It might not be optimal but I enjoy training and that day is particularly fun for me.

So you do push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs with out any rest? or did i mistake what you said? sorry for my english
Post 23 IP   flag post
Yes, but ONLY because I know that once or twice a week I will have to work late, or take care of my daughter and won't make it to the gym.

If I had a stable schedule I would follow it correctly
Post 24 IP   flag post
@SnackIt I'm doing it lately. Except I'm doing Pull and Legs 2x per week each and Push just once.

My focus, obviously, is on back and legs right now. I like the P/P/L approach. Everything you do on a given day kinda goes together so that all similar bodyparts are in recovery mode together and nothing interferes with the next workout.
Post 25 IP   flag post
340738 25 25
destitute