Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTeenTraining Programs

Upper/lower split.14362

fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X


Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
For every set of push, do 2 sets of pull. On the same day. Profit. -3X




-3X


Aint i pretty close to that??
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Do you really think I would have posted all that if you were???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessz2

Uppderday 1:
Bench 5x5
Barbell Row 5x8
Incline DB: 3x8
Pulldown: 5x10
Shrug: 2x8
Dips: 2x8
Curl: 2x8

Push sets: 5+3+2= 10 Pull sets: 12 10*2 is not 12; it's 20.

Upper day 2:
Bench: 5x5
OHP: 5x8
Barbell row: 5x8
Seated row: 3x12
Pulldown: 3x10
Dips: 2x8
Curl:2x8

Push sets: 5+5+2= 12 Pull sets: 11 12*2 is not 11; it's 24


-3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Do you really think I would have posted all that if you were???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessz2

Uppderday 1:
Bench 5x5
Barbell Row 5x8
Incline DB: 3x8
Pulldown: 5x10
Shrug: 2x8
Dips: 2x8
Curl: 2x8

Push sets: 5+3+2= 10 Pull sets: 12 10*2 is not 12; it's 20.

Upper day 2:
Bench: 5x5
OHP: 5x8
Barbell row: 5x8
Seated row: 3x12
Pulldown: 3x10
Dips: 2x8
Curl:2x8

Push sets: 5+5+2= 12 Pull sets: 11 12*2 is not 11; it's 24


-3X


Math was never my thing lol -.- feeling stupid right now, but thanks a lot.

Uppderday 1:
Bench 5x5
Barbell Row 5x8
Incline DB: 3x8
Pulldown: 5x10
Facepull: 4x10
Shrug: 3x8
Dips: 2x8
Curl: 3x8
= push set: 10 and pull set: 20


Upperday 2:
Bench: 5x5
OHP: 3x8
Barbell row: 5x8
Seated row: 4x10
Pulldown: 4x10
Upright row: 4x10
Dips: 2x8
Curl:3x8

= 10 set push, 20 set pull

Is this what you mean?
Post 28 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Doing curl does not count as pulling
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMB
Doing curl does not count as pulling


This. Curls do not involve movement of the shoulder complex the way dips do. At least they shouldn't if they're done correctly. -3X
Post 30 IP   flag post


fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMB
Doing curl does not count as pulling


This. Curls do not involve movement of the shoulder complex the way dips do. At least they shouldn't if they're done correctly. -3X


My bad, didn't know that, is that small ratio really that important? its much closer now?? does it look more well balanced now?? do you guys know any well balanced upper/lower split for hypertrophy out there?
Post 31 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
If you value your shoulder health long-term, then yes, it is that important. I think I mentioned this before, but you really don't need two chest movements. If I ran an U/L split I would hit chest, front delts, and triceps with one exercise each. That's all you need. For my back, I'd have a rowing movement, a lat pull or chinning movement, a rear delt movement, and a scapular retraction movement (like a shrug), plus biceps. -3X
Post 32 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Can't be more precise my man.. If you can't "build" your routine with EK's info.. Just pick a spreadsheet on internet.. PHAT, PHUL, PPL would look like what you're searching
Post 33 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Just took a look at the PHUL routine, looks great, think i might go for it, EK what do you think about it?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
Post 34 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Posting it here: 4 times a week.

Upper Power:
Barbell Bench: 5x5
Incline DB: 4x10
Barbell Row: 5x5
Lat Pulldown: 4x10
Overhead Press: 3x5
Barbell Curl: 3x10
Skull crusher: 3x10

Lower Power:

Squat: 5x5
Deadlift: 5x5
Leg Press: 4x10
Leg Curl: 3x10
Calf Raise: 3x10

Upper Hypertrophy:
Barbell Bench: 5x5
Incline DB: 4x10
Barbell Row: 5x5
1 Arm DB row: 4x10
Lat Pulldown: 4x10
Lateral Raise: 3x10
Seated DB Curl: 3x10

Lower hypertrophy:

Squat: 5x5
Deadlift: 5x5
Leg Press: 4x10
Leg Curl: 3x10
Leg exs: 3x10
Calf Raise: 3x10

The lagging parts i will be adding an extra day for, like in Nunez Alberto upper/lower split.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Rgall92 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessz2
Posting it here: 4 times a week.

Upper Power:
Barbell Bench: 5x5
Incline DB: 4x10
Barbell Row: 5x5
Lat Pulldown: 4x10
Overhead Press: 3x5
Barbell Curl: 3x10
Skull crusher: 3x10

Lower Power:

Squat: 5x5
Deadlift: 5x5
Leg Press: 4x10
Leg Curl: 3x10
Calf Raise: 3x10

Upper Hypertrophy:
Barbell Bench: 5x5
Incline DB: 4x10
Barbell Row: 5x5
1 Arm DB row: 4x10
Lat Pulldown: 4x10
Lateral Raise: 3x10
Seated DB Curl: 3x10

Lower hypertrophy:

Squat: 5x5
Deadlift: 5x5
Leg Press: 4x10
Leg Curl: 3x10
Leg exs: 3x10
Calf Raise: 3x10

The lagging parts i will be adding an extra day for, like in Nunez Alberto upper/lower split.



You seem to have a problem with finding a program and sticking to it, these programmes are wrote specifically for people like you and by people who probs know alot more than you. change one thing about a programme and you'll change ten, I guarantee it.

Take @eknight advice. Look after your shoulders, you only get two of them.
Post 36 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgall92
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessz2
Posting it here: 4 times a week.

Upper Power:
Barbell Bench: 5x5
Incline DB: 4x10
Barbell Row: 5x5
Lat Pulldown: 4x10
Overhead Press: 3x5
Barbell Curl: 3x10
Skull crusher: 3x10

Lower Power:

Squat: 5x5
Deadlift: 5x5
Leg Press: 4x10
Leg Curl: 3x10
Calf Raise: 3x10

Upper Hypertrophy:
Barbell Bench: 5x5
Incline DB: 4x10
Barbell Row: 5x5
1 Arm DB row: 4x10
Lat Pulldown: 4x10
Lateral Raise: 3x10
Seated DB Curl: 3x10

Lower hypertrophy:

Squat: 5x5
Deadlift: 5x5
Leg Press: 4x10
Leg Curl: 3x10
Leg exs: 3x10
Calf Raise: 3x10

The lagging parts i will be adding an extra day for, like in Nunez Alberto upper/lower split.



You seem to have a problem with finding a program and sticking to it, these programmes are wrote specifically for people like you and by people who probs know alot more than you. change one thing about a programme and you'll change ten, I guarantee it.

Take @eknight advice. Look after your shoulders, you only get two of them.


I see, the only thing i changed in this program was the 5x5 rep and barbell bench instead off incline bench, and barbell row 5x5 twice days, so each upper day i can progressive overload on the weights twice a week, instead of just one time a week, the rest is just as Brandon Campbell set it up as.
Post 37 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Bump
Post 38 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgall92
You seem to have a problem with finding a program and sticking to it, these programmes are wrote specifically for people like you and by people who probs know alot more than you. change one thing about a programme and you'll change ten, I guarantee it.

Take @eknight advice. Look after your shoulders, you only get two of them.


Pick a program and run it. Stop trying to invent the greatest program ever; whatever you pick, if you go in the gym and progressive overload each week, you will make results.

These programs WORK. Otherwise, people wouldn't run them.
Post 39 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgall92
You seem to have a problem with finding a program and sticking to it, these programmes are wrote specifically for people like you and by people who probs know alot more than you. change one thing about a programme and you'll change ten, I guarantee it.

Take @eknight advice. Look after your shoulders, you only get two of them.


Pick a program and run it. Stop trying to invent the greatest program ever; whatever you pick, if you go in the gym and progressive overload each week, you will make results.

These programs WORK. Otherwise, people wouldn't run them.


Gonna stick to PHUL for 12 weeks now, does rear dealts get hit enough from rowing exercises? and traps, only thing that i can see that I'm missing in my program.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
Just run it.. Assess in 12 weeks. If you find that traps / rear delts are lagging slightly, you can add something in then.
Post 41 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfidy
Just run it.. Assess in 12 weeks. If you find that traps / rear delta are lagging slightly, you can add something in then.


Thanks mate
Post 42 IP   flag post
Dai private msg quote post Address this user
I have been following the PHUL routine as well currently and I feel I get enough for my rear delts from the rows. However Ek's message in this thread about the push pull ration, made me wondering over taking out the incline dumbell press or just lower that exercise with 1.

Otherwise I would say it works nicely
Post 43 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai
I have been following the PHUL routine as well currently and I feel I get enough for my rear delts from the rows. However Ek's message in this thread about the push pull ration, made me wondering over taking out the incline dumbell press or just lower that exercise with 1.

Otherwise I would say it works nicely


Thanks, you think that it would be okey to do 5x5 on bench twice a week, just to get stronger? instead of one day with barbell bench and other with incline bench?
Post 44 IP   flag post
Dai private msg quote post Address this user
Careful, you are talking about switching everything again. The purpose of you picking a routine was to NOT switch everything, cause then its no point and it might end up like a mess. Also thw is that one upper are power and the other hypethrophy, same for legs.

However after reading what eknight wrote about the shoulders, it should be a little to much pushing in it compared to pulling. But Im no expert and certainly Brandon Campbell knows more then me
Post 45 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai
Careful, you are talking about switching everything again. The purpose of you picking a routine was to NOT switch everything, cause then its no point and it might end up like a mess. Also thw is that one upper are power and the other hypethrophy, same for legs.

However after reading what eknight wrote about the shoulders, it should be a little to much pushing in it compared to pulling. But Im no expert and certainly Brandon Campbell knows more then me


Thanks, will just stick to the original template, gotta get rid of this bad habit of switching things up, sticking with PHUL for 12 weeks then see how it goes.
Post 46 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Can't believe this thread is still going. Smh. -3X
Post 47 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
This thread is head banging a brick wall hilarious
Post 48 IP   flag post
fitnessz2 private msg quote post Address this user
-end
Post 49 IP   flag post
340621 49 24
destitute