Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

*Dave Tate on Accessory & Supplmental Work !14253

FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Grovinne If ur talking about conjugate i always feel and i've come across many more experienced and knowledgable lifters than feel the conjugate is for intermediate to advanced lifters.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Grovinne private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I was talking about the conjugate method. And okay, that makes sense. Conjugate method would probably be useful once you start plateauing and need to really fine tune your efforts to make the main lifts go up. If I'm consistently going up with Deadlift, Bench, and Squat, I should probably just focus on those each workout instead of replacing them with a "builder". Thanks
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Grovinne U got it.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Aspire2Inspire private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I am a novice and have started with the StrongLifts program. I had intended to do this for 12 weeks and then look for another program, but would you guys advise I just keep on this program till I stop making progress? When would you suggest I change the program slightly.

My goals are Short term: Strength and Mid-Long terms: Cut to 10-12% BF and maintain all year round.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
1-2 weeks is not an adequate amount of time to run a programme.

Try it for 6 months.

or

Try it until you stop progressing with it.
Post 30 IP   flag post

_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
@Trev182 he said 12 weeks you muff sniffer
Post 31 IP   flag post
Aspire2Inspire private msg quote post Address this user
@_RudeCrew LOL

@Trev182 Thanks.

TBH I am one of those guys that thought he knew a lot about gym and working out, but after lurking and following threads on here and bodybuilding.com, I realise I know very little.

I also suffer from instant gratification issues, so over a period of 6-8 years I did a few months training and then nothing. I've recently got my act together, put together a home gym and start on the SL program.

Will keep following you guys and hope that the more involved I get, the less likely I am going to quit.

Thanks.
Post 32 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
I'd do it till you stop progressing or until you become bored of it. but minimum I'd say Is 12 weeks IMO.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RudeCrew
@Trev182 he said 12 weeks you muff sniffer

Shut it bellend, its on my screen as a 1 at the end of the line and a 2 and the start of the next line, hence 1-2. Not 12.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnersNeverQuit
I'd do it till you stop progressing or until you become bored of it. but minimum I'd say Is 12 weeks IMO.

^^Second this.
Post 35 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Cool. I was looking for something lengthy to listen to about fitness while at work. This will do nicely.
Post 36 IP   flag post
340733 36 11
destitute