Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdviceIntroductionNewbieTraining Programs

Hi, I'm starting a...14212

l0zar private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys, I'm new here, I just found this community searching the web. I've been on other forums in the past like bb.com etc but wanted to try something new... well however...
I want to be in shape for the summer so I have like 2-3 month to do something... I know it's nothing in terms of time but the important thing is to start and work hard and to see where this will bring me. So let's start...

Data:
Age....... 29
Height.... 184cm - 6.03674541 feet (6 feet 7⁄16 inch)
Weight.... 70.4kg - 155.20 pounds
Body Fat.. 11.1%

In words I'm slender, no muscle, with some little fat over the abs (especially the lower abs) and glutes.

Long term goal:
My goal is to be fit and muscular, not too big; well defined and lean but not too much. This are some example photos worth more than 1000 words...

Well I know that these guys are photoshopped especially the first pic, being an ad, but it's an ideal goal so it doesn't matter.

Plan:
Ok, now given the starting point data and the goal I need your help. I've read the FAQ so here I need some specific advice.

- Do you suggest me to cut and define first, reaching 8-9% BF and after that start adding muscles or the inverse process?

- The FAQ suggests a c50/p30/f20 split, is it correct for my goal?

- Any other secret to reach that physique?

Thank you guys
Post 1 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Bulk.
Post 2 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Bulk.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0zar
Ok, now given the starting point data and the goal I need your help. I've read the FAQ so here I need some specific advice.

Thank you lawd jesus!

Welcome to the forum dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0zar
- Do you suggest me to cut and define first, reaching 8-9% BF and after that start adding muscles or the inverse process?

- The FAQ suggests a c50/p30/f20 split, is it correct for my goal?

- Any other secret to reach that physique?

- I would say bulk first, if you cut there won't be much to show and if you're lean already you can just go straight into lean bulking
Have you ever lifted before? If not this could be prime time to build muscle while losing fat (Only possible with newbie gains), take advantage of it while you can rather than cutting.

-30/20/50 is just a rough basis, your macros can be much more personalized being 0.86g/lb Min to 1g/lb Max of Protein, 20-26% Fat & >= 50% carbs. Ie: One day my macros were 22/22/56 and another they ended up being 20/25/55
Play with your ranges, it's a beautiful thing about flexible dieting - So long as you're tracking your caloric intake correctly you can have fun with it.

-Biggest "Secret" I've learned:
PATIENCE
It. Takes. Time. LOADS of time and unless you're genetically gifted or on gear, trying to rush the process usually will just result in taking 1 step forward while taking 2 steps back.

Giving yourself 2-3 months to bulk up to a Photoshop worthy physique is a bit unrealistic, but you CAN make noticeable gains in that time frame. 1 year+ of correct nutrition and training and you'll look and feel better than the other 90% of the worlds population
Post 4 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome my man, gonna mae muscle to show ur muscle.. bulk SON !!
Post 5 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Bulk.
and you will be even bigger than the goals you provided.

Welcome to the Forum. You just found a gold mine.
Post 6 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
yeah what the pros said^. Welcome and that first guy looks like Cristiano Ronaldo some what. Gl train hard :P
Post 7 IP   flag post
l0zar private msg quote post Address this user
Guys TY for the replies, when I have a little time I'll reply one by one...
Post 8 IP   flag post
340618 8 8
destitute