Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BackDeadliftPHATTraining Programs

Deadlift on PHAT14001

Nickbook private msg quote post Address this user
I have been running phat for 8 plus weeks now an was only able to deadlift twice due to what layne recommends
How do you brahs in operate more deadlift into the routine?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Konstantinov private msg quote post Address this user
I do them on lower power days instead of Romanians. Regular deads on lower power and stiff legged on lower hyper.
Post 2 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Dr Norton states that you should incorporate deadlifts on lower body days, after squats. However, that may be extremely taxing for you depending on your experience, recovery, ect. So you may have to start out putting deads on upper days.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Does it affects the weight you use in any way after squatting?
Whats your rep range like?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Konstantinov private msg quote post Address this user
Both squats and deads are taxing, so I switch between which of the two I start with every few weeks depending on which I feel is lagging more. I go for the same rep ranges for both usually, 3 working sets of 3-5.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
@Nickbook when I was doing PHAT I would do my deads on lower power day along with squats. Depending on which one needed more work is which one I'd do first. I would go a couple weeks doing heavy squatting first and once the progress slowed down or I plateau I would switch the order and do Deads first.
The second one of the 2 I would go heavy with but to the point of hitting the higher numbers like 4-5 x 3
Post 6 IP   flag post
Going to give it a shot
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks mates
Post 8 IP   flag post
Eat2Trainn247 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostshock
@Nickbook when I was doing PHAT I would do my deads on lower power day along with squats. Depending on which one needed more work is which one I'd do first. I would go a couple weeks doing heavy squatting first and once the progress slowed down or I plateau I would switch the order and do Deads first.
The second one of the 2 I would go heavy with but to the point of hitting the higher numbers like 4-5 x 3
This.

Also even put heavy deads on my lower hyp day for a period of time
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat2Trainn247
Also even put heavy deads on my lower hyp day for a period of time

You're a fucking madman haha
Post 10 IP   flag post
golagola private msg quote post Address this user
@Nickbook

i am doing deadlift on lower power day and stiff legged deadlift on hyp lower day .
Post 11 IP   flag post
340764 11 11
destitute