B DAY
squats 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Press 5x5
bent over rows 5x5
close grip bench 3x8
incline curls 3x8
cable crunches 3x10-20

I can bench press 100lbs but for the exercises for bench press should i do half like 50 or 60?
For deadlift im legit scared i do not want bad form and a ticket to snap city idk how much i should do
Squats ill start with the bar
5'9 145 lbs
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Start off with probably 55 or 65 the first week for bench and work your way up.
Read up on form and watch a ton of videos, if you're that worried about your form just record yourself and upload it for tips.
Smart choice for squats. Should also probably upload vids for assessment as well. Best to nip form issues in the butt before they become habits.
Post 2 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostshock
Start off with probably 55 or 65 the first week for bench and work your way up.
Read up on form and watch a ton of videos, if you're that worried about your form just record yourself and upload it for tips.
Smart choice for squats. Should also probably upload vids for assessment as well. Best to nip form issues in the butt before they become habits.

Thanks for the advice man. I know this is a heavily asked question on stunting growth but when im squatting im putting pressure on my spine. + im going to have to be careful on the shoulder press standing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmothyGen
I know this is a heavily asked question on stunting growth but when im squatting im putting pressure on my spine

With High bar squats the bar should be resting on your traps & shoulders - NEVER your spine
Low bar squatting the bar will be a little under your traps but kind of shelved on your rear delts - Still not the spine

It's a form issue that you definitely should look into right away.
I'll try and find you some vids in the morning dude, otherwise try youtubing some
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmothyGen
im going to have to be careful on the shoulder press standing.

Also OHP is pretty awesome once you learn how to do it correctly, should definitely look up form videos for that as well
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@TimmothyGen Start with a weight thats comfortable and do some study on youtube of lifting techniques... blaha has videos of alll 3 lifts himself.. so prob best to follow them mate.
Post 6 IP   flag post
340614 6 6
destitute