Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
cwt private msg quote post Address this user
Been lurking for a while, decided to sign up and start a log so I can potentially help people and others can help me.
Recently started PHAT and really enjoying it.

Info:
Age-16
Weight-88kgs - around 190lbs - fluctuates a fair bit
6ft
bf: 13-14% estimate
Dead: 200kg
Bench: 115kg
Squat: 135kg Recently started form from the beginning
OHP: 50kgsx8
Post 1 IP   flag post
31/03

Lower Power

Squats
120x3
130x3
130x1 (recently had national rowing competition and didnt warm down after my final race-legs were fried from the get go)

Deficit deads-maybe 2 and a bit inches (first time trying these)

160x4
180x1
160x4

Leg ext:
Stack (weights not written)x10x3sets

SLDL
100x7
100x8

Cable crunches - going to start training abs 3x week
43.75x12
48.75 (stack)x8,8

Hanging knee raises
2xfailure

I dont have any hamstring isolation equipment at my school gym, so hoping that the deadlifts are enough. Any advice
Post 2 IP   flag post
maximus24 private msg quote post Address this user
@cwt welcome to the forums man! Wish I would have started lifting as young as you are! Already pretty damn strong too!

How is your macros/nutrition looking?
Post 3 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
At his age fuck macros and nutrition. Just eat big and grow big. Eat what mamma cooks and have 3rds and desert. Macros, macros, macros fck macros!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
@cwt Welcome sir! Always great to see someone starting young. Those are some serious lifts too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt
I dont have any hamstring isolation equipment at my school gym, so hoping that the deadlifts are enough. Any advice

I want to make babies with Good Mornings

SLDLs are pretty good, I love RDLs, can also try Glute-Ham raises if you have that type of equipment at your school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus24
How is your macros/nutrition looking?

This as well

In for the log dude
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
At his age fuck macros and nutrition. Just eat big and grow big. Eat what mamma cooks and have 3rds and desert. Macros, macros, macros fck macros!

Repost
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Repost

I ate like a horse at 16, shit bulked me up GOOD!!!
Here's a pic:

That's my first trophy for "Longest sustained erection"
Post 7 IP   flag post
You got fat as shit because you had no self control or actual thinking behind your madness. He is SIXTEEN. Probably just got a job or still making allowance from mom and dad. He Doesn't need to waste all his hard earned money on food for his macros. He needs to save for a car, college tuition, etc. I mean hell if your that worried about getting fat I say throw the scale away and just look in the mirror. If yah like how your looking keep going if not then go out to eat 2x a week and not 5 or have 2nds and not 3rds. It's not brain science. People get burnt out from macro tracking. Y'all can live by it but I didn't touch macros for almost 2 years and made the best fucking gains of my life and got strong as an ox. All I'm saying is there are other ways besides macro tracking and if your smart and intelligent about it then it works.
Post 8 IP   flag post
When jokes go wrong D=
That's some random pic I found on the interwebs and thought was hilarious. I mean cmon... Fat kid with a mullet
I got fat as a kid because I was entirely sedentary and ate everything in sight haha

My main reason for asking about "Macros/Nutrition" were to see how he bases his diet. A 16 y/o with impressive lifts like that @ 190+ and only 13-14%bf - of course I'm interested in what he's eating.

If he tracks his macros, more power to him, but if he doesn't - I see a way to gain just a tad bit more knowledge. Obviously whatever he's doing is working for him & I'd be interested in learning what it is but if he if/when (hypothetical) he asks for any macro advice that'll be the time I preach my normal gospel.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Fair enough.
Post 10 IP   flag post
1/04 Upper power

Pendlay row
100x4,5 (1 was shitty form),4

Weighted Chins
bw+5x7,7

Rack chins
bw x 12,12

DB bench
40kg dbsx 5,4 (got bumped),5

Weighted dips
bw+30x5,4+4bw - need to lower weight, did 2 sets of 7 bw +25 last week, tried to move too fast

OHP
50x7,5,6

Superset Curls + skull crushers
Post 11 IP   flag post
@maximus24 nutrition is basically getting in a shit load of food, occasionally thinking through what I ate during the day-had high carbs and lower fats-will have some peanut butter, etc. @Frostshock Im planning on counting cals during a minicut before next rowing season, and then counting macros once high schools over, might sound a little lazy but I'm not too fussed about counting everything exact for the moment. @SRorhrbac0808 basically protein is got through shitloads of milk, almonds, beef/turkey, and yogurt sometimes mixed with protein powder. Carbs and fats just come through my other foods throughout the day.
Post 12 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@cwt Eat untill your Full.. just get enoug fibre in daily lift heavy with decent form and u'lll be a monster... Also i don't think u should be doing PHAT i think it's a MUCH too advanced program for you.
U should be doing a full body workout for the first 12-18months of ur lifting career. Drop the PHAT, no way u know why or how to lift correctly for ALL those exercises... stick to 4-6exercises and nail down that technique.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@FiremanSi been lifting for a fair while now, only properly seriously for around a year though. Used to a massive workload as lift weights all through rowing season. Spent a lot of time researching and getting my form down (by no means am I saying its perfect) but I personally enjoy the physical challenge and think I have a pretty good grasp of how to perform the exercises/program. Good tip though, would be great if you could help me along the way
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@cwt at 16, it doesn't matter if your form is so perfect that people will believe you invented working out- developmentally, you're not ready for a routine like PHAT. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@cwt ^^wasn't lying to ya. Big dog agrees.
Best of with a upper lower split after first ur or a starting strength program or str flights 5x5 would be what I WOULD do starting again.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostshock
When jokes go wrong D=
That's some random pic I found on the interwebs and thought was hilarious. I mean cmon... Fat kid with a mullet
I got fat as a kid because I was entirely sedentary and ate everything in sight haha

My main reason for asking about "Macros/Nutrition" were to see how he bases his diet. A 16 y/o with impressive lifts like that @ 190+ and only 13-14%bf - of course I'm interested in what he's eating.

If he tracks his macros, more power to him, but if he doesn't - I see a way to gain just a tad bit more knowledge. Obviously whatever he's doing is working for him & I'd be interested in learning what it is but if he if/when (hypothetical) he asks for any macro advice that'll be the time I preach my normal gospel.

^^^this
Post 17 IP   flag post
@cwt good shit man. The only thing I can say is that at your age make sure you're getting fruit and veggies. That's from an overall wellness pointed view though.

You playing any sports? I saw where you row.

When you do that mini cut take it nice and slowwwwwwww. No reason to rush it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@eknight what do you mean? Could you explain reasoning behind this a little further
Post 19 IP   flag post
@maximus24 rugby and rowing, rowing season just finished, rugby starting soon.
Will definitely do, will be interesting to see how things turn out when I track cals. Will do it slowly like you said
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@cwt your body- including all of your organs, your CNS, your bones, and soft tissue- are not done growing and developing. "Perfect form" will not speed this process up. Adding the stress of a routine whose volume is often difficult for some adults to handle is going to be potentially injurious to one or more of the things I listed above.

From "FROM THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
Strength Training by Children and Adolescents"
PEDIATRICS Vol. 121 No. 4 April 1, 2008
pp. 835 -840

"Strength training >4 times per week seems to have no additional benefit and may increase the risk for an overuse injury."

ACSM guidelines for youth strength training:

* Begin with one light set of 10 to 15 repetitions on 6 to 8 exercises.
* Depending on individual needs, goals, and training time, 1 to 3 sets of a variety of single- and multijoint exercises can be performed.
*Two to three nonconsecutive training sessions per week are appropriate.

-3X
Post 21 IP   flag post
@eknight I see what you mean. This is reliant on how far through puberty the individual is, right?
Post 22 IP   flag post
340762 22 22
destitute