Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Bodybuilding how would you have started13876

smith96 private msg quote post Address this user
Iv made a few different threads asking for advice and what program I should do and etc. I'm pretty much just looking for some guidance on how my layout should be since I want to start working towards being able to compete in a few years
My goals are to gain some strength and lots of size.
I'm only 17 and weigh 145 with bench-170 squat-230 deadlift-270.
I can answer any other questions and I'm really ready to give it my all to succeed. Can someone please just help me out with what programs to do. Iv been told 5/3/1 but then I get told upper lower or full body would be best since I'm small. Thanks to anyone who can help out
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
How tall are you? How long have you been lifting? Do you know your macros?
Post 2 IP   flag post
teewhat private msg quote post Address this user
Bro Tip: bulk for as long as you can 3-4 years then cut. dont bulk for a bit, then cut for a while, then complain you look skinny and start to bulk again.
I WISH I had bulked, uninterupted for at least 3 years. would have so much more mass now and a much better physique

other than that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostshock
How tall are you? How long have you been lifting? Do you know your macros?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@teewhat @Frostshock 5'9" lifting for year and half. Started off dumb I weighed around 170 all fat couldn't bench 50 pounds and lost all of that to 130. For past year iv been hoping from program to program gaining strength and some size. Iv had people help me with macros but I haven't tracked them or saw if they were correct.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Alright well if you want to start gaining lots of size you might want to start tracking them now, otherwise eat like a fucking horse and dirty bulk - up to you but tracking is more optimal when it comes to keeping fat under control.

For strength AND size I'm tempted to say PHAT but I'm not sure if a year & 1/2 is enough experience. Otherwise Upper/Lower, PPL or Full body would probably work great still.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Frostshock with a ppl do I go p p l off repeat? Or spread it out so only once a week
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd ask someone who's done it, I hate making up programs haha. If it were me I'd do it that way though mainly because I hate rest days.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Frostshock yeah lol I like being at the gym all the time even though I need rest
Post 8 IP   flag post
Eat2Trainn247 private msg quote post Address this user
@smith96 take the time to educate yourself on optimal nutrition and training, and focus more on what current research tells us, not what some jacked meathead at the gym says

-Bulk bulk bulk. but slowly and surely

-practice safe and optimal technique on all exercises, but especially the big 3
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Eat2Trainn247 thanks I found this upper lower and was curious if you think that would be well enough if I added some face pulls in and some lateral raises. (I have had shoulder pain and was told to make sure to hit all of shoulder)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Eat2Trainn247 private msg quote post Address this user
@smith96 I am by no means a training and you are best off consulting @EKnight, however, more than happy to give you my two cents...

This seems to be a very basic and general routine. A training regimen should reflect the goals of the individual. It should be tailored to their age, experience, ROM, skill level, strength/hypertrophy/functionality goals, lifestyle, stress, etc. It should be periodized and stress progressive overload. It should be many small parts/goals/cycles put together to accomplish one ultimate goal.

I am a fan of an upper/lower split personally. I also think it is a tremendous style for beginners to implement. I would suggest looking into a more proven routine, however, (531, startingstrength, etc) that is periodized and will help you establish quality and safe technique on squats, deads and bench, a solid foundation of strength and muscle and dedication to sticking to a routine for more than 3-4 weeks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Eat2Trainn247 thank you so much I'm going to take all of that into account. I get what ur saying about my goals it's just when I start plugging in exercises for my goals I feel as if I add to much and make it worse
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Eat2Trainn247 I am going to send eknight a message and ask for some help thanks for telling me about him
Post 13 IP   flag post
Anybody else have any recommendations on a good upper lower
Post 14 IP   flag post
340762 14 14
destitute