Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
6Rocky9 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys, so i just signed up to this forum, hopefully you will give me good advice.
Well i've been lifting for 2 months now, made good gains, and my progress has been amazing. I make progress every two weeks, so here are my current lifts ( keep in mind i am 16 only liften for 2 months ) :
Bench(incline,decline): two 18kg db's x 10reps for 6 sets
DeadLift:100kg 8 reps for 6 sets
Squat: 80kg 8 reps for 6 sets

Also my weight is 81kg, height 6'2
Am i doing well? I am thinking of changing my routine too, what do you guys think of PHAT? Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
You've been lifting 2 months and you want to try PHAT? Its a marathon, not a race.

Do a strength programme (5x5, stronglifts etc) Knuckle down the form on the big lifts, learn accessory movements, do that for a year then worry about another routine.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT is a good program. But strongly suggest that you start with a more of strength routine even your goal is bbuilding. Make the most of your newbie gains. No matter what you do now will atill lead to size and strength. Build foundation for your future gains.
Post 3 IP   flag post
6Rocky9 private msg quote post Address this user
cheers for the replies so far, so you think 5x5 would give me good gains? Also when should i change my routine? A year is too long, i thought about changing it every 6, or 4 months
Post 4 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
@6Rocky9 don't change until you stop seeing results. One of the biggest mistakes I see people doing is program hopping and not sticking with what works. 5x5 is a great program but you will naturally plateau on it. Do not change until you reach that point.
Post 5 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBerg
@6Rocky9 don't change until you stop seeing results. One of the biggest mistakes I see people doing is program hopping and not sticking with what works. 5x5 is a great program but you will naturally plateau on it. Do not change until you reach that point.

This. I wasted a lot of time and effort constantly switching programs
Post 6 IP   flag post
340752 6 6
destitute