Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionNewbieSplit Advice

15 years old: Tracking Progress13579

ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Idk but if you delete zyzzz as your photo you'll gain 20 pounds of lean mass.
Post 151 IP   flag post
_peterbrah private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,
What does the weight stack on the cable machine mean if they move up in intervals of 1?

There's only one machine in my gym that is like this and I'm not sure how many kg/lbs that they go up by

Thanks
Post 152 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
It means you use one plate, two plates and si on, no one cares about the actual weigt as It's on a pulley system so may not even reflect the actual resistance, just make sure you progress on It either In reps or number of plates and you'll be fine
Post 153 IP   flag post
Hey guys

Just wondering if a program like this would work:

Day 1: Upper strength
Day 2: Lower strength + hypertrophy
Day 3:
Day 4: Chest, shoulder, triceps hypertrophy
Day 5: Back, biceps hypertrophy

I'm basing this off the P.H.U.L program that I've been using for about 2-3 months now and it gave me great results. I'm just trying to change it up a bit and a 4 day split is the best for me.

Also I'm having some trouble calculating my macros. I'm eating what I'm recommended from iifym.com (3000 calories per day surplus) but I'm not putting on any weight at all, even if I eat 3300 calories per day. I'm not putting on any weight or losing any. Seem to stay the same, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
Post 154 IP   flag post
Corkey private msg quote post Address this user
@_peterbrah looks very similar to Layne Norton's PHAT program...
look it up on the main site, i did it when i started lifting when i was 15 and definitely saw some gains but i was out f school for a couple months and was able to rest and train accordingly... i wouldnt recommend it with school thrown in the mix because you will be proper worn down.

look dude. i started lifting when i was 15 and since the(now 3 years later) i have put on 20 kgs, lost 10% bf and grown a couple inches... i see my progress one tiny stepo at a time and you will to.

the biggest mistake you can make is jumping in too fast and trying to make everything to complex. you will end up frustrating yourself and possibly giving up. keep it simple and keep your head down, the results will come with patience and hard lifts.

by the time youre 18 or 20 you will be outlifting all your mates and out training them with your intensity. youre at the best time in your life to start...

right. now make sure your macros are hundreds. that done? good. now get on with a strength starting program like what all the guys here have recommended. got that? good. now lift your ass off and keep going!
Post 155 IP   flag post

@Corkey thanks man, I'm just scared to put on too much fat which I probably already have done but it's not too bad. Also, my school holidays will be coming up soon so I'll have about 8-9 weeks free to focus on the gym without anything interfering

This is me as of right now, I would like to add a lot more size and lose a lot of body fat :3
Post 156 IP   flag post
Corkey private msg quote post Address this user
way better than i was when i started bro and I have come a very long way

dont worry about your bf now, keep it relatively low for sure, but dont kill yourself if it goes up.. add in a little cardio or cut your calories slightly and itll disappear
Post 157 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
@_peterbrah the amount of fat you have is negligible compared to them gains. If anything maybe a tiny easy 8 week max cut at the end of winter/start of spring just for an easy ego boost.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Iwanttobebig private msg quote post Address this user
@_peterbrah first off nice pic man (zyzz is somewhat a fallen hero to me, not going to deny that he was my original motivation to start lifting 2 years ago when I was 15!)

Second, I have been skim tracking this thread and I think your approaching things the wrong way man. At 62kg your primary concern is to put on mass while maintaining surplus strength (for me anyway a powerlifting/boydbuilding/aesthetic hybrid is what I want in the long run). It was the same for me back when I was your weight exactly 2/1.5 years ago, I was scared on putting on rapid mass because there will surely be fat gain. But you can't avoid it. And in accordance to myself I got over it due to my fast metabolism so I only gained little fat and was able to burn it off once I got back to high volume rep ranges and hypertrophy exercises.

Seriously your main goal right now should be building the foundations of your body instead of worrying about individual body parts or smaller groups like your arms (they will come with heavy lifting). In saying that I implore you to focus on your compound exercises and build the base of your body, that being your legs, back and chest, as they are the biggest muscle groups. Get on a strength program like 5x5 or something and focus on your bench, squats, deadlifts, military presses, dips and pulls up. Doing these will basically make your body grow overall meaning that increases in arm size will definitely be prominent without having to do time wasting isolations like bicep curls.

SERIOUSLY GET ON IT. It helped me push through several plateaus, increased my overall mass from say 62kg to 74kg (in the space of 7 months on a strength only program) and skyrocketed my strength to being able to bench more than my bodyweight and deadlift 2 times my body weight.

Isolate later for definition and more separation of muscles.

Eat a lot but clean. Basically force yourself to eat every 3-3 and a half hours.

BUILD YOUR FOUNDATION FIRST

Example: Im not hating, zyzz had great proportions and I liked his chest shape, steroids or not I respect him, but I remember watching his vids from like 2 years ago and the guy weighed 100kg and could only bench like 110kg.

You don't just want to be big and ripped, you want to be fucking strong brrraaaaaahhahhahhahahh
Post 159 IP   flag post
Before and after

Before

After

Post 160 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Hey man there you go! Nice Zane pose btw
Post 161 IP   flag post
@TimmothyGen
Thanks bro :3

I weighed in at 62.9kg (138.6lbs) this morning which sounds meh but it's progress for me. Before I started I was only 54kg (119lbs)

As for my lifts: (5x3-5)
Squat: 155
Bench: 120

Trying to hit 135 for the bench by the end of the year
Post 162 IP   flag post

i been on this
Post 163 IP   flag post
Dude 135? By end of year? Like as 2014 or school because if school you will pass 135.
Post 164 IP   flag post
135 by January 1st 2015 haha, school finishes next week for me. I did 1 clean rep of 135 a couple of days ago, felt reaal good. But I wanna get 5 reps
Post 165 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
you don't need a split like that yet. starting strength and food will do you justice
Post 166 IP   flag post
27/12/2014
Weight: 65.4kg (morning)

I am slowly but surely adding some nice mass, I have a little fat on my torso which makes my abs only visible when tensed but I'm not too worried about that.

Bench: 55kg for 5x5

Oh yeah, I'm 16 now
Post 167 IP   flag post
YES YES YES@ Disregard the fat and keep going!
Post 168 IP   flag post
frame private msg quote post Address this user
man, just eat more, and progress weights, and see some gains
Post 169 IP   flag post
I'll post measurements in a few days
Post 170 IP   flag post
Current measurements (31/12/2014)
Weight: 65kg (143.3lbs)

Right bicep: 13 inches
Left bicep: 12.5 inches
Chest: 36.6 inches
Right quad: 19.6 inches
Left quad: 20.0 inches

Squats: 80kg for 5x5
Bench: 55kg for 5x5

Previous measurements (about 8 months ago)
Weight: APPROX. 60-61kg (132-134lbs)

Right bicep: 11.8 inches
Left bicep: 11.0 inches
Chest: 33.0 inches
Right quad: 18.1 inches
Left quad: 18.9 inches

Squats: 60kg for 5x5
Bench: 40kg for 5x5
Post 171 IP   flag post
Photo update 19/02/2015

Post 172 IP   flag post
@_peterbrah How you doing? lifting and eating? Nice gymshark gear!
Post 173 IP   flag post
AndyCap private msg quote post Address this user
Nice gains man. Keep it up!
Post 174 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
You hardly look like the same person, keep it up!
Post 175 IP   flag post
I'm doing a 4-5 day split, sorta like push, pull, legs but shoulders is on it's own day. I find it takes too long to do chest, shoulders and triceps in one day.

I'll post my split if you guys wanna see it later.

I've maintained the same body weight for about the last month since school started again (65.5kg or 144lbs). Finding it hard to fit all of my food into my day so I've been trying to get bigger meals in after school and for dinner.

As for my lifts; I can do about 4 clean reps of 60kg (135lbs) without a spot. For the past few weeks I've been doing a 5x5 of 55kg (121lbs) Squats; 70kg (154lbs) for 5x5, possibly more. I've been doing 5x5 of weighted pull ups as well with a 6kg dumbbell between my legs.

@TimmothyGen @AndyCap @Beans
By the way, thanks a lot guys <3 feels good to hear these things haha

I think I need a bit of help with my diet, I'm unsure of what to eat and when to eat it. School is usually keeping me busy. 3300 calories got my weight up for quite some time but it slowed down.

Thanks a lot guys <3
Post 176 IP   flag post
tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary of joining SimplyShredded!!
Post 177 IP   flag post
340609 177 27
destitute