Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCuttingPhysiqueSplit AdviceTraining Programs

abs every day?13407

monsta private msg quote post Address this user
What do ya think.. 1 exercise of abs after each training session during the week, or one day a week with 4 sets. Which would be more optimal?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Do you train ANY body part every day? Why would abs be different? -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
I understand what you're saying. I have just heard they recover a lot faster than any other muscle group, so you can train them multiple times a week.
Post 3 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
I don't really do an exercises anymore. Just core exercises. I guess cable crunches would be the closest thing to an an exercise for me. But then I stick under 15 reps for 3-4 sets. Treat em like every other muscle. 30+ reps makes no sense for abs.

I do core/ab work 3 times a week. After squats, deadlifts, and an active recovery day. Gives me a day off inbetween. But if I'm feeling extra sore ill skip the 3rd day for core/abs.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Method private msg quote post Address this user
Abs respond and grow to stimulas like every other muscle and need the same rest periods. You'll actually find a lot of people don't actually train abs directly because of all the secondary stimulas they get from big compound lifts. I work my abs typically once a week weighted. Stop listening to whoever you "heard" the bro-science from.
Post 5 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
i know lots of guys on here and not on here who don't train abs at all and have six packs. so it's def not necessary to be hitting them everyday. at the same time, i don't think there's any harm in it. i used to hit abs 4-5 days a week back in the day lol. didn't hurt.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanair
i know lots of guys on here and not on here who don't train abs at all and have six packs. so it's def not necessary to be hitting them everyday. at the same time, i don't think there's any harm in it. i used to hit abs 4-5 days a week back in the day lol. didn't hurt.

Post 7 IP   flag post
actually saw it recently on Mike O'hearns program.. abs mon-fri with cardio. He is definitely a well known bb'r.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Which means his knowledge of anatomy is limited. Want proof? I'll refer you back to the fact that he trains abs that frequently. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
I would listen to what everyone else is saying. Just stick to core exercises. I myself have a visible six pack but that's due to proper diet and core exercises, not ab exercises every day. And I wouldn't be taking advice from Mike O' Tren
Post 10 IP   flag post
Mike O'hearn is a total bro
Post 11 IP   flag post
Abs4Hire private msg quote post Address this user
Try alternating abs and calves every day. Works great for me because I used to always neglect my calves
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hiiibbbb private msg quote post Address this user
I just do abs once every four days.. Sometimes just once a week. Obliques as well
Post 13 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Do 1million sit ups a week if you want, but if you aint sub 12-13% bodyfat, you still aint going to see abs
Post 14 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
more like ur mom every day bro
Post 15 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
lol oh my
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta
actually saw it recently on Mike O'hearns program.. abs mon-fri with cardio. He is definitely a well known bb'r.

and there are probably bb's with better abs that dont work it as often, you dont need to do it 5 times per week 2-3 no more than that
Post 17 IP   flag post
340738 17 17
destitute