Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArnoldLOLMisc.

TRUTH... Gloves in the Gym !! haha.13348

FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user


Arnie speaks the Truth !!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ben777 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll never understand why people can't grasp the correct use of "you're"

The meme is spot on though Si
Post 2 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
This sounds stupid but i feel weak when i wear gloves its like the gloves puts extra weight on my lifts. haha. I like the feeling of the bar touching my hand. haha
Post 3 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
@Ben777 - You think your so smart.














































Post 4 IP   flag post
Konstantinov private msg quote post Address this user
You're purse*
Post 5 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
Gloves are for pussies.

My grip improved tremendously since giving up the gloves.
Post 6 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Ben777 Haha.. I thought i had wrote that for a minute. Good job.
Post 7 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben777
I'll never understand why people can't grasp the correct use of "you're"

The meme is spot on though Si


Because as humans we developed language to come from practical mutual use, our words and word use is a game between people.
You entirely understood what was meant by "your" in the context just as well as you would have with "you're".

Never understood why people get so autistic when it comes to language use.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
I ONLY wear gloves when I bench because my gloves have wrist supports and my wrists are probably smaller than my Grandma's wrists....
Post 9 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
because its the wrong word...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben777
I'll never understand why people can't grasp the correct use of "you're"

The meme is spot on though Si


Because as humans we developed language to come from practical mutual use, our words and word use is a game between people.
You entirely understood what was meant by "your" in the context just as well as you would have with "you're".

Never understood why people get so autistic when it comes to language use.
Post 10 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
just noticed arnie's vascularity
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
If language was ONLY for practical, mutual use, then there'd be only one language. It's lazy not to know and use correct grammar. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
If language was ONLY for practical, mutual use, then there'd be only one language. It's lazy not to know and use correct grammar. -3X

exactly...
its pretty ignorant not knowing the diff, especially if english is your first/only language..quite sad really, especially since english is the easiest/dumbest language in the world..
Post 13 IP   flag post
bunter225 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinov
You're purse*


LOL

The first your is wrong, it should be you're as in you are.
The second your is right as the purse belongs to you.
Post 14 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
had to use those gloves because of sweating too hard on dips
Post 15 IP   flag post
teewhat private msg quote post Address this user
Grammar aside...

love this pic of arnie, one of my favs.

#jacked
Post 16 IP   flag post
bkoguy07 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
If language was ONLY for practical, mutual use, then there'd be only one language. It's lazy not to know and use correct grammar. -3X

exactly...
its pretty ignorant not knowing the diff, especially if english is your first/only language..quite sad really, especially since english is the easiest/dumbest language in the world..


english is actually one of the hardest languages to learn
Post 17 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
@bkoguy07 this is true.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
it's really not
Post 19 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
If language was ONLY for practical, mutual use, then there'd be only one language. It's lazy not to know and use correct grammar. -3X


You really can't be that ignorant of history, anthropology, linguistics, psychology and sociology to truly believe that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi

exactly...
its pretty ignorant not knowing the diff, especially if english is your first/only language..quite sad really, especially since english is the easiest/dumbest language in the world..


It's far from the easiest, also you understood exactly what he meant so did everyone that is kind of why it is so funny people care.
So really your are just mad cause he didn't use a " ' " BEHOLD THE MIGHTY ' LET NO ONE DISRESPECT OR MISUSE HIM LET US ALL BOW DOWN TO HIS MIGHTY POWERS. IF ANY OTHER RANDOM SYMBOL TOOK THE PLACE OF THE GREAT ' OR ' FORBID THE WORD WAS MADE WITHOUT ' THE WORLD WOULD UNRAVEL AT THE CORE!
Post 20 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
in no way is it one of the hardest...its the most simple language of the modern world...Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoguy07
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
If language was ONLY for practical, mutual use, then there'd be only one language. It's lazy not to know and use correct grammar. -3X

exactly...
its pretty ignorant not knowing the diff, especially if english is your first/only language..quite sad really, especially since english is the easiest/dumbest language in the world..


english is actually one of the hardest languages to learn
Post 21 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoguy07
english is actually one of the hardest languages to learn


@pandasashi Went to a language school for high school, literally every teacher I've had has said this
Post 22 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
i'd consider mandarin to be the hardest
Post 23 IP   flag post
bkoguy07 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
in no way is it one of the hardest...its the most simple language of the modern world...Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoguy07
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
If language was ONLY for practical, mutual use, then there'd be only one language. It's lazy not to know and use correct grammar. -3X

exactly...
its pretty ignorant not knowing the diff, especially if english is your first/only language..quite sad really, especially since english is the easiest/dumbest language in the world..


english is actually one of the hardest languages to learn

lol if you say so man. a lot depends on the native tongue of the speaker learning english.. that being said.. the illogical grammar rules that apply to english make it especially difficult to learn. maybe the reason you believe english is simple to learn is because youre a native speaker (im making an assumption english was your first language?)
http://www.xamuel.com/10-reasons-why-english-is-hard-language/
you can google and read how difficult english is to learn as a second language but I can tell you by no means is it "the most simple language in the modern world"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanair
i'd consider mandarin to be the hardest


for native english speakers yeah mandarin is one of the "tier 5 difficulty" languages to learn. its definitely a difficult language
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
From the perspective of someone who actually possesses a Master's degree in English: the bizarre and frequent "exceptions" to rules in the English language, coupled with the misuse of punctuation that is accepted in the early academic years, make English by far one of the most difficult languages to master. It may be easy to communicate in spoken English, but the frequent and gross mistakes I see here and in almost every non-academic piece of writing I read, lead me to believe that, even among native speakers, it is an extremely difficult language to master at the written level. -3X
Post 25 IP   flag post
bkoguy07 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
From the perspective of someone who actually possesses a Master's degree in English: the bizarre and frequent "exceptions" to rules in the English language, coupled with the misuse of punctuation that is accepted in the early academic years, make English by far one of the most difficult languages to master. It may be easy to communicate in spoken English, but the frequent and gross mistakes I see here and in almost every non-academic piece of writing I read, lead me to believe that, even among native speakers, it is an extremely difficult language to master at the written level. -3X



Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't want to weigh in too heavily because at some point we all make little mistakes, but the obvious, repeated, lazy ones are inexcusable in my opinion. -3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
bkoguy07 private msg quote post Address this user
Haha I think I used a period in my response...
Post 28 IP   flag post
340738 28 28
destitute