Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
5 3 1BulkingNewbieSplit AdviceTraining Programs

5/3/113317

Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
I just read a 5/3/1 article on T Nation by Jim Wendler. I was considering doing this since I have been mixing some powerlifting into my usual routine. Stupid question though, but can one still maintain or achieve aesthetics doing this program? I see some people at my gym into powerlifting but while some are very strong they honestly just don't look that good.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Look up dan green, shoulder answer your question.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
That's true. I mean I've seen some people I know that compete in powerlifting and are still pretty aesthetic. I'm sure the diet helps too are maybe some assistance work idk
Post 3 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
You can't judge whether or not you can achieve your goals by looking at other people who have different goals than you.

The people you see who are into powerlifting and don't look aesthetic to you probably don't care.
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I think aesthetics has more to do with diet and training consistency more so than the type of training. Pick a program, stick with it, taylor your diet to your goals, and KILL IT.
Post 5 IP   flag post
teewhat private msg quote post Address this user
Im not sure what your level of experience is... but im just gonna leave this here

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phd-4-rj-perkins-power-hyper-deload-training.html
Post 6 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Pick pretty much any pro powerlifter and put him on a cut and see what happens. They are made of muscle, most just choose to pursue solely strength over looks. Strength equals muscle mass as much as hypertrophy. It's just that after 1 great hypertrophy workout you already look bigger. It takes more patience to build muscle from strength training because you don't see such prominent results at the end of each workout. Guess that's why I like 5/3/1. I feel like most days I'm breaking PRs or competing against myself to hit PRs. I'm really liking powerlifting more than bodybuilding lately.
Post 7 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Dave Gulledge

The powerlifter...

On a cut...

800 SQT
700 BP
735 DL

And ripped
Post 8 IP   flag post
340738 8 8
destitute