Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingChestMuscle Imbalance

Im getting really frustrated...13240

Sedlo18 private msg quote post Address this user
I know there has been alot of posts concerning this in the past and ive read almost all of them but I cant seem to find anything helpfull. My right pec is noticably smaller than my left. Im righty so my right side is stronger and im guessing its taking some tension off the right pec and sence my left side is weaker its putting the tesion where it should be and that is in the left pec. My left pec is just alot fuller and there is a smooth transition between upper and lower, left and right. Then you look at my left pec and its just smaller and not as well devoloped. Its thicker on the outside then almost flatens out to nothing once you get to the middle and the lower pec is there but not nearly as rounded out and developed as my left. I havnt really done much to correct it. I just figured once i gain some mass it will dissapate and even out but it really hasnt. I mean ive always had a small chest but still. Its really bothering me and I really want to fix it. I dont belive its genetic because the shape of the muscle is the same the developement just wont come. Is there any way to fix it? I already do db as well as barbell, my form is as good as its ever going to get. Should i just throw in a set or two of one arm cable chest flys and machine press at the end of my shoulder day and hope for the best or what? Any help would be really apreciated! P.s. sorry the post is so long...
Post 1 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Just keep benching. It will even out eventually.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jezza_91 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah keep benching man

My left are bicep looks better than my right as I tore my right lol I still train both hard
Post 3 IP   flag post
Even swap to dumb bell bench might help
Post 4 IP   flag post
Im really hopeing you guys are right haha about how long do you think it will take to even out? I noticed it in early sept. and have been on a bulk sence then and it hasnt really evened out
Post 5 IP   flag post
teewhat private msg quote post Address this user
Could take ages man, depends on your body.
im a righty and the whole left side of my body, chest, delt, bi, tri, is slightly bigger than my right. Im over worrying about it and just try and lift with consistency.
Post 6 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
Ya my right arm is def bigger than my left. Looks retarted when I do a front double bi. Oh well lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
cassious private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah im the same. For some weird reason my right shoulder muscles are more fatigue resistant...
Post 8 IP   flag post
MassTitan private msg quote post Address this user
Guys, just stop fapping. You too ocean.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
My left arm will always be smaller than my right due to me snapping my elbow and wrist when I was 13.

Bothered...
Post 10 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
I'll just start using my left hand to even it out.
Post 11 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe you need to look at it through a more neuromuscular perspective, particularly the Atlas vertebrae. The Atlas is the first vertebrae that the CNS passes through, so if the atlas is misaligned, the CNS will be distributed unevenly (causing an imbalance in strength/size)

You can get your atlas re-aligned through a Atlas Orthognal Practionor or a NUCCA practitioner. Not a chiropractor.

I have this same issue & this is what my PT told me.
Post 12 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Like @Jezza_91 said, start using DBs for a while and make sure that every pressing exercise you start with your weak side first and never do any more reps with your strong side than you can do with your weak side. Everything will even out eventually. Just keep focusing on form.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Dirk private msg quote post Address this user
I have had the same problem some years ago but my pecs have evened out over the years as they have developed in general. Don't worry too much.
Post 14 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sedlo18. As you said your form is good.

Pick the Bar and just bench.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thanks for the advice guys!! Its a big relief to see im not the only one. Ill just keep adding size and see what happens!
Post 16 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
When your back muscles start getting bigger and bigger, people stop even noticing your chest.

No matter what you do, when you aim for perfection, you will deal with frustration.

If you never felt frustrated, it would be because your goals were too small.
Post 17 IP   flag post
mattd534 private msg quote post Address this user
it will even out eventually and unless you pla n on competeing it shouldnt make it difference
Post 18 IP   flag post
Sometimes you got to swap it up a bit to grow. I was a bench bitch did it every Monday like religion never did dumb bells. My bench got stuck at 50kg. Start dumb bell bench say them increase massively over a few months. Swapped back to bench BOOM bench up 25 kg in a few weeks.

There is more than one way and exercise to hit a muscle group.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@kickinchicken is there any reason why my weak & bigger pec is alwasy way more sore the day after than my stronger & smaller pec? I cant seem to get the mind muscle connection with my smaller pec, always feel my tricep/shoulder taking over
Post 20 IP   flag post
340764 20 20
destitute