Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining Programs

Legs/Push/Pull Critique13227

ajm87 private msg quote post Address this user
Just looking for a simple critique of my LPP split. I do L/P/P/Off with ab work 2x per week, cardio 3x per week.

I will be changing up rowing and benching movements every 6 weeks or so. I also have to lift 8+ higher reps per set because of my heart condition.

Legs (Legs)

Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squat 4x8
Ham Curl 4x8
Leg Press 3x10
Calf Work 3x12

Chest, Delts and Triceps (Push)

Bench 4x8 (currently flat db bench)
Dips 3x10
Military Press 4x8
Side Laterals 3x10
Tricep Isolation 3x10

Back and Biceps (Pull)

Barbell Rows 3x10
Weighted Chins 2x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x12
Seated Cable Row 3x10
Weighted Hyperextension 3x12
Curls 3x10
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks decent, just got two questions-

1) you haven't wrote deadlift in there?

2) why weighted chins and latt pull downs? If u can do weighted chins, do all 5 sets of them.

Also maybe a bit more hamstring work
Post 2 IP   flag post
ajm87 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamer93

1. i cant deadlift because of my heart condition my doc doesnt want me doing "powerlifting" type moves like deadlifts or back squats due to the spike in blood pressure and it could destroy my aorta on the spot so that's why deads are ot.

2. i suppose that makes sense. i know i've read around that any activation of the lats is all equal to each other, but i like to divide it up between chins and pulldowns just because i enjoy both exercises.

i thought about maybe adding a couple sets of GHR or seated leg curl, but idk. ive got 4 sets of lying leg curls already + they are hit indirectly with leg press and bulgarians and then on my back day the weighted hypers.

thanks for the reply!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Fair enough for the deads
Post 4 IP   flag post
340752 4 4
destitute