Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Finished PHAT routine.Whats next?13186

BitchesFancyMe private msg quote post Address this user
So i just finish my 3 month phat routine for strenght improvement. What should i do next? Should i do the normal bro split? or hit all upper muscles 2x week ike push/pull/legs/push/pull?

reply pls =)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Konstantinov private msg quote post Address this user
More phat.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinov
More phat.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Eat2Trainn247 private msg quote post Address this user
What are your goals? How much serious experience do you have?
Post 4 IP   flag post
AestheticBrah private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewy007
Quote:
More phat.

Depends on your goals though.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat2Trainn247
Quote:
Post 6 IP   flag post
i have 1 year and 3 month , 5 days a week, of solid work. So i think im still in the begining zone. My goal is to be the most aesthetic possible,get the best of my genetics , inspire others and if possible enter in fitness competition.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
3 months? Is that it?
Post 8 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
More phat.
lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
3 months? Is that it?

yes, i guess 12 weeks was enought for this routine. want to change it up a little bit and try some new stuff to see what works best for my body.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchesFancyMe
Quote:
3 months? Is that it?

yes, i guess 12 weeks was enought for this routine. want to change it up a little bit and try some new stuff to see what works best for my body.

Were you making gainz on fat?

12 weeks isnt a long time to run a routine.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
3 months? Is that it?

Were you making gainz on fat?

12 weeks isnt a long time to run a routine.

i did some overall gains, speacially in legs. My strenght went up too. But latetly i have been having some pain in my joints (left rear delt and right knee). This was the 1st time i did strenght training.
Post 12 IP   flag post
ajm87 private msg quote post Address this user
you could do phat but as a upper/lower..

upper power
lower power
off
upper hyper
lower hyper
off
off

repeat

or brandon campbell's PHUL
Post 13 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
If it's working I would just keep doing it until you stop making gains or they start to slow a bunch. Then switch to suit your needs. No point in changing if way your doing is working
Post 14 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
@BitchesFancyMe if you were running a business and making more and more money but started to have a little bit of a bump in the road would you stop everything, change everything, then start doing something different?

You don't have to use the same exercises. You can make some changes to it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
PHAT has had a great, proven track record. You can always mix up the big compound lifts you want to focus on. And more importantly, how's your nutrition?? Plateau may be related to your intake, or lackthereof
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken
@BitchesFancyMe if you were running a business and making more and more money but started to have a little bit of a bump in the road would you stop everything, change everything, then start doing something different?

thanks man good advice. Just 1 more thing. Since i starartes phat i feel that only my arms didnt developed as much as all other body parts. Should i do more sets for arms? Or even change and superset it?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
PHAT has had a great, proven track record. You can always mix up the big compound lifts you want to focus on. And more importantly, how's your nutrition?? Plateau may be related to your intake, or lackthereof

My nutrition is fine i guess. I eat 6 meals a day:

Meal 1
oats and a banana/2 slices of wheat bread, slice cheese and 2 whole eggs

Meal 2

1 fruit,water,2 rices cakes or 2 slices of wheat bread with peneaut butter

Meal3

soup/ chiken, fish or lean red meat with rice and potatoes, 1 fruit

Meal 4(pre-workout)

tuna sandwich, greek yougurt/ bowl of special K cerials with non fat milk

Meal 5(post- workout)

protein shake, 1 fruit

Meal 6
chiken or salmon with white rice and cup of vegies

Meal 7

Greek yougurt with chia seeds

Sometimes i dont take meal 2. It depends on my college classes.
Post 18 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

thanks man good advice. Just 1 more thing. Since i starartes phat i feel that only my arms didnt developed as much as all other body parts. Should i do more sets for arms? Or even change and superset it?

Arms are are not a very large muscle part in comparison to others such as legs, chest & back. They will not normally grow as fast as other parts. But they are heavily used in most movements so if other parts such as chest and back are growing bigger and stronger than your arms are too.

After only a few months I'm not sure you can say though. You don't really need to increase the workload. But you could definitely try some new things like super sets or drop sets or increasing TUT other ways such as rep speeds.

Try doing a drop set as your last set of each bi or Tri exercise.

Could also be your form isn't strict enough.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@BitchesFancyMe What is your ht. and wt.? Also, I dont have time to type your above meal recall into a nutrient database, but if you do, find out the # of grams of protein, carbs and fat you are taking in. Consistency in the kitchen will make a tremendous impact to properly fueling your workouts as well as aiding in recovery. Also, any reason you eat 6-7 times/day?
Post 20 IP   flag post
tmealsQuote:
@BitchesFancyMe What is your ht. and wt.? Also, I dont have time to type your above meal recall into a nutrient database, but if you do, find out the # of grams of protein, carbs and fat you are taking in. Consistency in the kitchen will make a tremendous impact to properly fueling your workouts as well as aiding in recovery. Also, any reason you eat 6-7 times/day?

im 5ft 10 and weight 160lbs.i eat that many so i can eat every 2h or 3h and because im hungry . Right now im trying to add some weight too. As far as the protein carbs and fat intake im thinking to hire a nutritionist to make me a meal plan ,just to have a more professional approach since im still a newbie
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Arms are are not a very large muscle part in comparison to others such as legs, chest & back. They will not normally grow as fast as other parts. But they are heavily used in most movements so if other parts such as chest and back are growing bigger and stronger than your arms are too.

After only a few months I'm not sure you can say though. You don't really need to increase the workload. But you could definitely try some new things like super sets or drop sets or increasing TUT other ways such as rep speeds.

Try doing a drop set as your last set of each bi or Tri exercise.

Could also be your form isn't strict enough.

will try the dropsets
Post 22 IP   flag post
@BitchesFancyMe a few things:

-6-7 meals isn't optimal nor does it have any benefit over 4-5X. Eating every 4-6 hours has been shown to be optimal in terms of spiking muscle protein synthesis. Transitioning to 4-5 meals/day may leaving you feeling hungry the first few days, but your body will adjust relatively quickly.

Also, anybody, at least here in the US can call themselves a nutritionist. The professional you are seeking is a Registered Dietitian.
Post 23 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Eat2Trainn247 every once in a while you can find a decent nutritionist... At least that's what I hear. -3X
Post 24 IP   flag post
@eknight they're few and far between, but they exist!

I mean, I don't have my RD yet (<9 months!)...so I guess I am still just a nutritionist haha
Post 25 IP   flag post
340613 25 25
destitute