Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsTraining Programs

Ben Pakulski's MI-4013180

jaydiddy85 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anybody used this? Read about it? Any thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
mastamuffin private msg quote post Address this user
I've ran it before (not all the way). The one thing i like is the video instructions, very informative. What i didnt like was that every workout was different pretty much so there was really no way to track your progression.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Interesting concept and i'm currently running it. Workouts were feeling stagnant. So far so good. I like how technique is explained.
Post 3 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
I ran it it's pretty decent but i'd say it's better for none naturals.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Why would you say better for non naturals? Because of the amount of volume?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I think more because it's setup like a bro split...

Now before i say all this i have done this workout and followed his nutrition for it for 5-6months. I was naive.

-I definately don't think it's for anyone in the 1st 2yrs of training.
-he divides up hams and quads which i think is pointless for naturals and just not optimal training.
-he prefers u to split up the 2 body parts into morning and evening workouts... nobody got time for that shiii.
- he does more horizontal rowing the vertical pulling
- the volume for chest is the same as back which is retarded looking back as i preach 2:1 ratio on back to chest...
- Everything has a dropset which i find non natural benefit most from when taking into account there IS quite alot of volume already.
-When dropsets can work are low volume workouts, in the right placing.
-He's want's u drinking maltodextrin, bcaa's and GLUTAMINE... intra AND post workout... which apart from the obvious fact that glutamine is been proven inneffective, bcaa's i great when doing fasted training or workouts over 90mins, between meals when dieting are unnecessary when bulking...
BIGGEST PROBLEM with the maltodextrin intra and post... it gave me FOCK-TONNES of cavities. So much sugar every day concentrated.
- he doesnt count macros which doesn't have to be necessary when given a good diet plan but his diet plan is OTT.

POSITIVES:
I learned alot
I learned about biomechanics
I like his take on intentions and how to make the muscle work more with less weight
His instructional videos are very informative and gave me some great form currently that has carried over to other workouts.
Very knowledgable guy and a beast but i think he lacks in nutritional information and overindulges in trends and floods u with info to complicate simple stuff so he sounds smarter and ur like JESUS he knows his stuff.

Hope this helps ya.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Prometheus private msg quote post Address this user
@FiremanSi

I think you didn't quite fully take in MI40..

Not everything has drop sets, he always says drop sets well actually strip sets are for more advanced athletes (typically speaking for enhanced) he says numerous time some athletes will only be able to do a single strip set, while the most advanced can do a strip set for every exercise... He said to start with 1 strip set...

Why is splitting hams and quads not optimal?

Horizontal rowing makes more sense than vertical, in the sense he talks about, he says to hit different planes of motion, so 180, 135, 90, 45, 0 is what he says is optimal, hitting all muscles in your back, so in your opinion 135 90 and 45 are horizontal but they are hitting different places.. It's the same as chest training how people go incline, flat, decline...

Why would you do 180, 180, 90, 0 wouldn't it make more sense to do 180, 135, 45, 0

His intra workout nutrition is for sub 10% bodyfat, he says not to consume carbs during your workout above 10%... Also he said he doesn't recommend it if you're doing a 45 min workout or less, he said to use it when your going an hour or longer, or doing cardio and your workout at the same time..
Post 7 IP   flag post
@JordanW No i got enough of it alright.
I think if ur taking 50-60g of straight malot daily it's gonna be disaster for ur teeth.
I think alot of the muscle martini balls he talks about it silly and inaccurately suggested on where to be used and has u spending a fortune on supps.
He fails to point a line between ADVANCED AND ENHANCED i'm sorry he doesn't.
Whats the point in splitting hams and quads... ??
Just work them both on same day, and u can't necessarily just work hams or quads anyway thats pure retarded.. unless it's just leg extensions or leg curls..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanW
so in your opinion 135 90 and 45 are horizontal but they are hitting different places..

When did i reference this ??
And i've found u should be rowing equally as much as you pullling...
I would make now reference of translation between chest and back because they are completely 2 differnt entitys... people thinking there's a correlations between vertical pulling/rowing and incline/decline are dilllusional.
Quote:
His intra workout nutrition is for sub 10% bodyfat, he says not to consume carbs during your workout above 10%.

I remember this now alright.. it's been awhile since i did it in fairness.

Quote:
Also he said he doesn\'t recommend it if you\'re doing a 45 min workout or less,

Pretty sure he's says it's not optimal for your workouts to exceed 40-45mins, hence a reason for callin it MI40... so ur workout wouldn't be exceeding the hour in order to consume intra workout....

Don't get me wrong i like ALOT of his practises on trainig full range of the muscle, training in it's weakest and strongest point, the intensions and i watch all his vids and i've talked to him on facebook.
Lovely guy. His nutritional info is far from perfect though.
Post 8 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
i ran this program. LOVED it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Can you name a single instance in the real world or in any closed kinetic chain movement when you work one without the other? You can't freaking WALK without at least eccentric action of both. IMO, training should be used to enhance real world activity, not circumvent it. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
@eknight

You would never have a leg workout where you would only hit one muscle group over the other anyways.. There isn't an opportunity to isolate the same as other areas of your body...

However, I don't really feel like you need 7 days rest from a leg day, and also I don't feel many people can go all out on squats, deads/SLDL, and 2-3 other exercises all on one day...

I feel as though if today you stepped into the gym and did 4 sets of 10 of the most weight you could on squats, then right after did the most weight you could on stiff legs for the same rep scheme, then the following week reversed order you notice a drastic change in the weight for each exercise... And this isn't because of muscle fatigue, SLDL aren't going to tire out my quads so I can't squat but it will tax my CNS and cardiovascular abilities to the point where another major compound is being hindered...

I much prefer

Day 1
Squats 4 x 10
Lunges 3 x 15
Leg Press 4 x 8
Quad Ext 3 x 15

Day 2 (3-4 days later)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 4 x 10
Hamstring Curls 4 x 8-10
Leg Press/Hack Squats 4 x 8
Quad Extensions 3 x 15

IMO this is splitting the muscle groups but inevitably hitting both, but focusing more on one one day and the other the other..

I can't think of a real world activity where I would push 400lb off my chest, or lift 700lb off the ground... These routines are for bodybuilders not for daily fitness lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@FiremanSi

I think you didn't quite fully take in MI40..

Not everything has drop sets, he always says drop sets well actually strip sets are for more advanced athletes (typically speaking for enhanced) he says numerous time some athletes will only be able to do a single strip set, while the most advanced can do a strip set for every exercise... He said to start with 1 strip set...

Horizontal rowing makes more sense than vertical, in the sense he talks about, he says to hit different planes of motion, so 180, 135, 90, 45, 0 is what he says is optimal, hitting all muscles in your back, so in your opinion 135 90 and 45 are horizontal but they are hitting different places.. It's the same as chest training how people go incline, flat, decline...

Why would you do 180, 180, 90, 0 wouldn't it make more sense to do 180, 135, 45, 0

His intra workout nutrition is for sub 10% bodyfat, he says not to consume carbs during your workout above 10%... Also he said he doesn't recommend it if you're doing a 45 min workout or less, he said to use it when your going an hour or longer, or doing cardio and your workout at the same time..

I dont think so....
Post 12 IP   flag post
@AKK What do you mean I don't think so? That is exactly the way B Pak explains it..
Post 13 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@AKK What do you mean I don't think so? That is exactly the way B Pak explains it..

This has been discussed thousands of times on this forum.

Im not sure if the same relates to back training but the chest example has been gutted plenty of times.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@AKK My post was referring to what Ben says, not what actually is. However, he does offer reference to bio mechanic studies which prove what he says... Maybe someone with an opposing opinion could post some studies proving otherwise
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
bio mechanic studies which prove what he says

If u search hard enough u'll find a study to BACK UP what ur opinion is but not necessarily PROVE it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
Quote:
bio mechanic studies which prove what he says

If u search hard enough u'll find a study to BACK UP what ur opinion is but not necessarily PROVE it.

Any that prove otherwise though lol?
Post 17 IP   flag post
FxElement17 private msg quote post Address this user
Personally i split hams/quads. On my 'leg' day i emphasize quads using leg press squats and lunges, and on one of my back days (the one that empahsizes lower back and traps) i emphasize hamstrings with deadlift SLDL hamstring curls.

both days there is use of the opposite leg muscle but its to a far less extent. I can't do DL and squat and leg pres and lunges and SLDL and hamstring curls all in one day and get an optimal lift in due to nervous system reasons
Post 18 IP   flag post
340764 18 18
destitute