Is it possible?
Post 1 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if srs, but yes it's possible. Acute toxicity of almost any substance is possible, but that doesn't make it likely. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
You can overdose on water brother.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cubb private msg quote post Address this user
How can I prevent that from happening? @irishgymsheep
Post 5 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Dont take alot of it?

Are you being srs?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight

-3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Dirk private msg quote post Address this user
Creatine (same as high protein doses) might put pressure on your kidneys, so you better check them after a creatine cycle. There's nothing like a "pulp fiction" overdose. In some countries creatine is even classified as food.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Why would you cycle creatine?!
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@Dirk if by, "put pressure on your kidneys," you mean "make them function exactly as they are supposed to, then, yes.

For healthy renal function, neither high protein diets, nor creatine within the accepted supplemental range, will be problematic. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
@eknight No I mean that some friends of mine had bloodtests during creatine cylces and it showed up that the creatine harmed their kidneys. Sorry for my English but I'm not a native speaker. What I'm bassicaly saying is that be carefully with your creatine or proteine use once a kidney precondtion exists. With healthy kidneys nothing much will happen.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@Dirk that's not actually what a blood test will show. What it will show is that the use of creatine may elevate creatinine levels, which is normal. You can't diagnose kidney damage off of a simple blood test. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Trev I cycle it because it works better for me and many of my friends! After 6-8 weeks using creatine I do not get stronger or achieve more gains anymore. If you don't share my opinion that's fine but please don't insult me. There nothing like only one path in bodybuilding anyway.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Just so you're aware, though, the clinical literature is pretty conclusive that there is no advantage to cycling it. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Why would you cycle creatine?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
@Trev I cycle it because it works better for me and many of my friends! After 6-8 weeks using creatine I do not get stronger or achieve more gains anymore. If you don't share my opinion that's fine but please don't insult me. There nothing like only one path in bodybuilding anyway.

Please point out the insult in the 5 words I posted?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@eknight, of course creatinine levels analyzed through a bloodtest can check the health of your kidneys. I know so because a friend of mine is now a dialysis patient and his doctor told me. Anyway, I do not have the time to argue with you, if you don't like my posts ignore them but do not insult me as a troll.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
You are absolutely a troll.

Correlation does not equal causation. Higher protein diets can elevate creatine levels, as can creatine supplementation and dehydration. Having a higher creatine level does NOT indicate kidney failure or renal problems. If you have kidney issues, then it's possible creatinine clearance may be compromised, but just having elevated levels does not mean kidney damage. Every time I get blood work done, mine are high. Doc asks why, I tell her I eat a lot of protein and supplement with creatine and it's case closed. Further testing (ie, albumin to creatinine ratio or GFR testing) would be done after the fact to determine renal damage.

What you're trying to argue is the same as saying, "All bee stings cause inflammation, thus all inflammation must come from a bee sting." Not true.

How about you don't insult my intelligence- or the rest of the board's- with things you don't understand fully. -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
@eknight Get a life or a girlfriend! I will not respond to you anymore. This would be a waste of time. Personally, I only insult people directly but not over a board. But I don't think that you get the point.
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
LMAO- OK "bro." Wait...tell us more about how to increase inflammation with higher doses of Omega 9's and how to work our delts with partial ROM.

I provide you with medical facts, and your response is "get a life." Speaks volumes about you. -3X
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
@eknight Get a life or a girlfriend! I will not respond to you anymore. This would be a waste of time. Personally, I only insult people directly but not over a board. But I don't think that you get the point.

Who do you think you are?

You come on here and disrespect one of the most respected members!

Go away and don't come back, we don't need people like you on the forum.
Post 20 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
Creatine is actually one of the more studied supplements and the only reason not to take it would be if you have a preexisting kidney condition. and they dont test your blood to see if your kidneys function well they test your urine.

edit: they do blood tests but generally they will test urine first.
Post 21 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
Aso @Dirk i dont think that your friends doc would tell you jack shit about his medical condition.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Trev, It's fortunately not up to you to deceide who should be on this board and who not.
Post 23 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslo
Aso @Dirk i dont think that your friends doc would tell you jack shit about his medical condition.

Considering it would violate HIPAA laws, I concur.

@Dirk while it's only up to the mods to "decide" who posts here, the members de facto make that decision with the way they respond to incorrect, inaccurate, or trolling posts. You'l never last here. -3X
Post 24 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
@Dirk I bet you still haven't realized that creatine and creatinine are different, have you?

Creatine kinase is a muscle enzyme that is measured to assess heart damage or skeletal muscle damage. Creatinine is an endogenous peptide, present in everyone, that is cleared by the kidneys and is measured to estimate kidney function.

Now that you know this, please reread @EKs previous post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
You are absolutely a troll.

Correlation does not equal causation. Higher protein diets can elevate creatine levels, as can creatine supplementation and dehydration. Having a higher creatine level does NOT indicate kidney failure or renal problems. If you have kidney issues, then it's possible creatinine clearance may be compromised, but just having elevated levels does not mean kidney damage. Every time I get blood work done, mine are high. Doc asks why, I tell her I eat a lot of protein and supplement with creatine and it's case closed. Further testing (ie, albumin to creatinine ratio or GFR testing) would be done after the fact to determine renal damage.

What you're trying to argue is the same as saying, "All bee stings cause inflammation, thus all inflammation must come from a bee sting." Not true.

How about you don't insult my intelligence- or the rest of the board's- with things you don't understand fully. -3X
Post 25 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
@EK Making friends with the new guys again lol

Kinda seems like a SS right of passage thing by now.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Cubb private msg quote post Address this user
Brb getting popcorn
Post 27 IP   flag post
340621 27 27
destitute