Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Got this appclickable text

3 times a week, goal is to work up to being able to do 100 straight which has always been a fitness goal of mine.

Do you guys do palm or knuckle press ups and why?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
I do palm, can't stand it on my knuckles, I used to be able to do 120 in a row as that's what I trained for before I got into weights
Post 2 IP   flag post
JJ3065 private msg quote post Address this user
I think my boss is doing this. So essentially it reminds you to do pushups throughout the day until you hit a hundred?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@WinnersNeverQuit
That's sick, I'm determined to get there.

@JJ3065
3x a week, 5 sets of varying reps and last set you go to failure. Reps are added each session and it reminds you when you tell it to

P.s. More sets are also added in higher weeks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Done over 100 pushups also did 60 clapping pushups at one stage.
That was when I trained them though.

Best workout I found for pushups was pick a number say starting low 20, get a room that takes maybe 5-6 seconds to walk across, 20 pushups walk to the other side 19 other side 18 all the way down to 1 then back up to 20. Then next time start at a higher number.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Checked it out and looks like a good app, wish there was one that would plan weights routines out as well tbh
Post 6 IP   flag post
Question, do we mean do 100 without getting up or 100 in a certain amount of time where you can get up from the front lean and rest and walk around a bit?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@JJ3065
100 straight ideally.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@JJ3065 I took it to mean 100 non-stop, though I guess if you tried to beat the time taken to do them each time it could work as well
Post 9 IP   flag post
I do 100 with out getting up, like I stay on all fours, not ever going to my knees. It takes me about 6-10 mins depending how I am feeling. I do this once a week when I do my "prison workout".

Ive never seen anyone bang out 100 without so much as a pause, that would be awesome to see.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I wish I could still do it tbh, I might still be able to get 60, that'd be at a push though
Post 11 IP   flag post
Its one of those exercises that you lose really fast if you dont always do it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Millennium1 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't push up. I push the world down!
Post 13 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone use push-up handles?

A friend of mine said he feels it gives him a deeper stretch but it almost seems like a waste to me to spend money one equipment for doing push-ups.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Not trying to brag but I did over 100 for my coast guard pt test and that was in a minute
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzst
Not trying to brag but I did over 100 for my coast guard pt test and that was in a minute

So you went through the eccentric and concentric part of a pushup with your chest touching the ground in .6 of a second .3 up .3 down.
Post 16 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

This is pure bullshit
Post 20 IP   flag post
@JJ3065 @IrishGymSheep this is pure bullshit but I have it in my military records, I actually lost the competition to my friend who did 108....but honestly I don't care if you doubt me, sucks to suck
Post 21 IP   flag post
So you pencil whipped it?
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm about to dick whip you
Post 23 IP   flag post
Just saying, I dont buy it. Never seen anyone do 100 in 2 mins, and I must have graded hundreds of pt tests in my day! Maybe I saw a dude do it once, in 2 mins that is.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Same with me tho, I never seen anyone that could come close to me on push-ups until I got to A school and my friend who is very short and stalky had the perfect body to do push-ups cuz he literally had half the rom that I had
Post 25 IP   flag post
@Zyzzst I believe you. I did the same for years in the Army fitness test. I've had 119 in 2 minutes. Just to be beat by a buddy who got 138. He also did 150 sit ups at the time too. He does even more now I'm sure, since he went Special Forces.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Same with me tho, I never seen anyone that could come close to me on push-ups until I got to A school and my friend who is very short and stalky had the perfect body to do push-ups cuz he literally had half the rom that I had

Manlets don't count, they can't do a push up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken
@Zyzzst I believe you. I did the same for years in the Army fitness test. I've had 119 in 2 minutes. Just to be beat by a buddy who got 138. He also did 150 sit ups at the time too. He does even more now I'm sure, since he went Special Forces.

In two minutes, not 100+ in one minute.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I got 101 I think or 102, and like I said I haven't seen many people get past 80, and trust me it was the most painful experience after cuz I cramped up like crazy
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiTu
Anyone use push-up handles?

A friend of mine said he feels it gives him a deeper stretch but it almost seems like a waste to me to spend money one equipment for doing push-ups.

I was thinking of getting them as palm and knuckle are both uncomfortable towards the end of a session.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ3065

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken

In two minutes, not 100+ in one minute.

I would hit close to 100 in the first minute on average. 90-95. Broke past 100 in 1 minute a few times. Last 20+ would take much longer. I've seen a lot of people hit over 100 in 1 minute. Strict form too. None of that worming shyt or head hanging stuff.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340762 51 30
destitute