Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCuttingPHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

generic 'help me with my routine' thread13066

jackbird private msg quote post Address this user
tried my hardest to think of an eyecatching/funny thread title but to no avail. i've come in search of some guidance

currently sitting at around about 200lbs, bodyfat unknown but it's gotta be around the 15% mark in my opinion.

as of this week i'm deloading whilst i plan my new move. been on a (slightly) modified version of phat, only difference between the hypertrophy days are legs/push/pull since september 2013.

been going gym for 4 years, fucking around with bro splits and not eating properly up until a year and a half ago. i've 'cut' once before my lads holiday back in the days where i had no knowledge and it was pretty tragic, so following the holiday restarted my 'bulk'.

i've decided it's finally time to try and cut properly. got gigs as a 'topless butler' lined up already with my mate, i've done it before and got paid a shit load of money to stand there naked and flirt with middle aged women. this, combined with the fact i want to show off the muscle i've worked so hard to get, is my motivation to get shredded as fuark.

============================================

^ too long didn't read?

suffered with a bad case of 'fuckaroundaitis' with gym splits and need something solid for the duration of my cut

phat's an option but the volume seems a little high and i like the idea of combining power and hypertrophy, so 5/3/1 maybe?

stats of lifts (1RM's from last week)

deadlift - 190 kg
squat - 170kg
military 82.5kg
bench press - 140kg

lifts aren't that great for my weight i know, but until phat i really wasn't that bothered about lifting heavy.

someone, ANYBODY, please help a brother out
Post 1 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
What are your goals? Just trying to cut the fat, get competition ready, get stronger, what? I've tan PHAT and 5/3/1. Some may recommend a 5x5. All can gain size and strength. What's your priority?

And your PRs are pretty good.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jackbird private msg quote post Address this user
thanks for the reply, bro

main goal would be cutting my bodyfat percentage down.

this will eventually lead to competing in the future

strength comes secondary but I enjoy the feel of lifting heavy and setting new pr's. i understand the importance of maintaining (or even increasing) strength during a cut to hold on to valuable muscle mass.
Post 3 IP   flag post
340762 3 3
destitute