Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChestSplit Advice

Huge bench press, tiny chest12909

MassTitan private msg quote post Address this user
I got 340 for 3 reps... Big arms and shoulders but tiny chest... I do powerlifting style, shoulders blades pinches back , arched back , elbows tucked and wide grip. Still nothing seems to help grow my chest, I'm thinking about add a few sets of crossovers and incline paused reps... What's your thoughts about it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
what does your volume look like for a chest workout typically
Post 2 IP   flag post
3x5 barbell bench press , crossover 3x 10-12, dips 3x10 twice a week
Post 3 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
If you do powerlifting style then you are not isolating the chest as much therefore will not see as much growth. You could also up the volume for more growth.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I will add incline paused barbell bench press drop the dips and add a few more sets of crossovers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
try 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps on bench press and make sure your tempo is slow for the movements. Maybe throw some incline for shits and gigs, i'd just say more volume.
Post 6 IP   flag post
bunter225 private msg quote post Address this user
You have to actually contract your pecs when moving/resisting the weight, you need to create tension on the target muscle and for 40secs+

I'd guess as you have 'big' arms and shoulders then theyre doing all the work not your pecs.

Keep the strong powerlifting style bench but ensure the rest of your pec work actually works your pecs
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm doing ME and DE bench I would do incline for volume.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Illadian private msg quote post Address this user
i train with elbow slightly flared ouut in press n push ups n i do press superset with push ups worked for me i think
Post 9 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't this your forth thread of you lying about your bench stat and complaining about your small chest?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Jimmydrama13 private msg quote post Address this user
Switch to dumbbell's getting nice strecth at bottom of movements , and only going 3/4 lockout this will keep your chest under full tension the whole time . I also struggled with chest development due to my shoulders over powering everything once switched to that helpped greatly ,
Post 11 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones46
Isn't this your forth thread of you lying about your bench stat and complaining about your small chest?

yup
Post 12 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jimmydrama13 sorry bud, but don't waste your time. We've all tried before. Multiple times.
Post 13 IP   flag post
340621 13 13
destitute