Post 3 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
This guy cracks me up...lol...
Post 4 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
love him
Post 5 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
funny video but i still dont get the hate on crossfit....most of the hate, ive noticed, comes from imobile "swole" goofs that hate on it imply because they cant do a single crossfit exercise... and ppl shit on kipping pullups when they cant even do one properly and cant comprehend that, yes, they are cheating but they do 80+ of them to compensate..meanwhile the ppl that talk shit about it probly couldnt even hold the bar for that long..
/rant
Post 6 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@pandasashi i hate crossfit for 101 reasons (maybe more) ~ lol. Too many to list.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Xandar private msg quote post Address this user
Love it! "No one will even know you're in shape till you post your workout" that's fn priceless.
Post 8 IP   flag post
databas1c private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
funny video but i still dont get the hate on crossfit....most of the hate, ive noticed, comes from imobile "swole" goofs that hate on it imply because they cant do a single crossfit exercise... and ppl shit on kipping pullups when they cant even do one properly and cant comprehend that, yes, they are cheating but they do 80+ of them to compensate..meanwhile the ppl that talk shit about it probly couldnt even hold the bar for that long..
/rant

My main gripe is that the certification for crossfit barbell is not really meaningful. It takes more than a weekend to ensure that people can instruct oly movements correctly. Granted, that same argument can be applied to most coaching/instruction programs. The difference, in my opinion, is that oly movements which are a staple of crossfit require a lot more mobility, proprioception and joint stability than you're average group fitness class, and the injury risk is higher. If every crossfit gym was run by kelly starrett, id be all for it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
your problem is then with the instructors and not the athletes/sport... i could make the same arguement about a good amount of personal trainers in regular gyms..
any crossfit competitor is in wicked shape where as most bodybuilders are useless as fuck when it comes to anything other than posing and being big...
Post 10 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
your problem is then with the instructors and not the athletes/sport... i could make the same arguement about a good amount of personal trainers in regular gyms..
any crossfit competitor is in wicked shape where as most bodybuilders are useless as fuck when it comes to anything other than posing and being big...

Modern bodybuilders old school bodybuilders were some BAD ASS MOFOS

"Utilizing the techniques he learned from Coker, Spies developed a brutal lifting regimen that eventually afforded him a 570 lb raw bench, and the ability to bend bars at will.

Did I mention the motherfucker was a full-on lumberjack, who worked 12 hour shifts cutting down trees during periods of contest prep? No? Well, he was. Chuck Sipes was officially tougher than anyone you've ever met." - http://chaosandpain.blogspot.ie/2010/01/baddest-motherfuckers-ever-10-chuck.html?zx=2f942c19b623eeab

Also you have Sergio Oliva who was an olympic power lifter and super athlete, there is a ton more bad ass legends from the old school.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I can't seem to find it but I remember reading that Chuck Sipes ran through a wall to psych himself up for a lift.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Wait no it was Benny Podda "He got shot while robbing a pharmacy for painkillers, armed not with a gun, like a normal crook, but with a bow and arrow."

"He has a unique method for pumping himself up, which I neglected to list in my "What pumps you the fuck up?" blog- To psych himself up for a heavy lift, he once ran straight through a wall,"

He would fucking EAT crossfitters.
Post 13 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
The sport itself isn't bad, its just the cult following it has that is annoying. And I do agree that like 80% of crossfit gyms are run by people that have no fucking clue what they are doing.
Post 14 IP   flag post
you are talking about a few specific ppl..i am talking about a general/broad/majority of bodybuilders are useless..
ive only ever seen one or two bodybuilders able to do a muscle up or pistol squat for example, they can lift huge weight and are huge but cant perform basic movements with their own bodies... there are a few exceptions like oliva and vaillant but most are quite useless..
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
you are talking about a few specific ppl..i am talking about a general/broad/majority of bodybuilders are useless..
ive only ever seen one or two bodybuilders able to do a muscle up or pistol squat for example, they can lift huge weight and are huge but cant perform basic movements with their own bodies... there are a few exceptions like oliva and vaillant but most are quite useless..

Most crossfitters are useless, most anything are useless it is only the elite and dedicated of anything that are impressive.

They are bodybuilders they aren't trying to be functional they are trying to bodybuild that is like criticizing a long distance runner cause he can't swim.

A muscle up is not a basic movement, I would guess less than 10% of people can do it, take out momentum and you are looking at less than 1%.
Post 16 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I completely agree. There was a guy that knew my dad that was a bodybuilder, he won Mr Florida one year, but anyways he came to work with my dad and I (masonry) we laid down block for no more than like 3 hours and he was complaining about how the Hell we do this. This guy was probably 3x stronger than I am but I can out work him any day.
Post 17 IP   flag post
tuco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

muscle ups and pistols are useful??

applying your logic… crossfiters can gymnastics like pistols and muscle ups but can't lift a lot of weight… useless
Post 18 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Debating on crossfit. To be able to be mobile and atlethic. If you want that i prefer you do calesthenics than crossfit.
Post 19 IP   flag post
sriram private msg quote post Address this user
First read this critique of crossfit by Mark Rippetoe

Now, crossfit WODs are fun to do maybe once a week...but as a daily routine? Hell no.

In terms of athleticism, crossfit WODs should be utilized as a TEST and not as a routine.

Though, after I've begun attempting pistols, my vertical leap has increased...though a causal relation considering all my lifts have gone up as well.
Post 20 IP   flag post
illwill private msg quote post Address this user
It has become a cult, and he's absolutely right if you look at 90% of crossfitters you can't even tell they workout OR if you can they don't look particularly impressive.

I hate the "functional strength" aspect. They are only functional at crossfit...just like anything else anybody trains for.

and the way they do AMRAP is terrible for your joints etc because your form degrades to absolute shit to the point of dangerous.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@IrishGymSheep So he tried to rob a pharmacy with a bow and arrow and he ran through walls before lifts....wow...what an idiot...
I'd like to see him battle with this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Froning_Jr.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedude67
@IrishGymSheep So he tried to rob a pharmacy with a bow and arrow and he ran through walls before lifts....wow...what an idiot...

Mans a legend.

Also if we wanted FUNCTIONAL strength well...

Post 23 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I love ninja warrior. always thought i could do the first course at least.
Post 24 IP   flag post
they can still lift MUCH more than average people meaning they are strong AND functional.. i must be in that 1% then, @irish because i can do a shitload with no kip and can do them with a 45 dumbell between my legs... Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco
Quote:

applying your logic… crossfiters can gymnastics like pistols and muscle ups but can't lift a lot of weight… useless
Post 25 IP   flag post
Illadian private msg quote post Address this user
i think am with @pandasashi here , i saw few vids of that guy rich froning before , dude is insane ignoring the form but it has to be seriously exhausting / tiring to do 140 standing overhead press n 140 pull ups , in like 15 min or less , the guy rich froning was competing fell to the ground at like 70 , say what you want , but they do not train for Aethetics or gettin swole , Crossfit training has diff set of goals thats all and for injuries i think their body adopts to a certain point specially their shoulders i am pretty sure stretch that alot or something
Post 26 IP   flag post
tuco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
they can still lift MUCH more than average people meaning they are strong AND functional.. i must be in that 1% then, @irish because i can do a shitload with no kip and can do them with a 45 dumbell between my legs... Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco
Quote:

please define functional. crossfiterrs say everyday movements… i don't do snatches or kip pull-ups swings or burpees in my daily life routine… so crossfit is not functional at all.

and what if they are strong? u said that was useless

ps. i do crossfit cause it improves my strength and stamina and i plan on getting back to rugby. i just hate all the cult stuff and "functional" to survive better what would u do if you hanged off a cliff marketing around it
Post 27 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
^ im no hater of crossfit. But thats why they called bodybuilding BODY BUILDING. If you want to build athletic skills you can do crossfit. Its like telling a basketball player to train like a soccer player, they both use a ball but still they have different goal.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
they can still lift MUCH more than average people meaning they are strong AND functional.. i must be in that 1% then, @irish because i can do a shitload with no kip and can do them with a 45 dumbell between my legs...

The average person is just that average, if you are better than average that is nothing to be proud of your achievements should come from an internal motivation by holding yourself to what you feel is good.

The notion of functional is misguided, what is functional?
You live in the year 2013, you can and many do live in a state where next to no physical exertion is needed in their lives.
Being able to do a lot of chin ups is not functional, to be quite honest being able to run isn't even that functional these days we live in a time where you can not just survive but thrive (according to many Western societies values) in conditions completely removed from any physical activity.

As regards to your muscle ups, congratulations?

There just isn't much interest in stuff like muscle ups, and even if there was there isn't that much wide spread interest in fitness. Combine that with the diversity of each individual sport and what you find is many people are unable to do many things. This does not mean them difficult just uncommon.

If you wanted to build an athlete you wouldn't have them doing crossfit, look at how NFL players train, or basketball players or anyone who competes in any sport.
Power, Control and skill.

The idea of a general "Athlete" or general "Fitness" is laughable.

You create an arena and you compete within the rules of that arena, crossfit is just another game like any other.
The fact that they are so stuck up their own ass that they can call their competitor the fitest person alive, tells you a lot about it as an institution and an ideology.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@IrishGymSheep I get what you're saying and agree with what you said about people being able to live their lives without be active, that's sad but true. But honestly, if I were a competitive athlete like a football player (american football) I'd do crossfit for some of my workouts, why not? Along with many other things, it builds up endurance which is very important to athletes, probably one of the most important things of being an athlete. You can be strong as hell but if you can't run up and down the field or back and forth on the court, you're not going to do well...
Post 30 IP   flag post
340609 132 30
destitute