Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Spartan Race12647

rwall89 private msg quote post Address this user
I pre-registered for a Spartan race coming to Tennessee in 2014. Has anybody run one? If so, how tough was it and what can I expect. Any training tips for some of the obstacles?
Post 1 IP   flag post
supercharged04 private msg quote post Address this user
In 2012 I did the socal super spartan. Its 8 miles of "fun". It took me 3 hours 41 min. I was used to running 6 -8 miles, but this was a new challenge. 8 miles of trail running with challenges. You climb walls, move buckets of sand, rope pulls, balance beams, low crawls, etc. Overall conditioning is all I would recommend. Its fun and its a mental challenge. People that looked in better shape then myself seemed to quite after 4-6 miles. Take your time and pace yourself.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@supercharged04 thanks man. I think I'm going to do the 3 mile one haha. I'm not ready for 8 miles yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
supercharged04 private msg quote post Address this user
@rwall89 I had no clue what I was getting myself into hahaha. A buddy of mine asked me to do it with him a week before the race. I want to do another and see how id do now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm gonna train for it for sure. Hopefully I can find somebody to do it with me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340762 5 5
destitute