Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BrotelligenceMisc.Training Programs

Something I noticed12614

Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
Everybody builder/fitness model that's interviewed on SS all run bro splits.

I get the feeling like bro splits are frowned upon.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Thats what i noticed when researching a new split before i started my bulk. The1 who is massive motivation for me has always done bro splits, listening to how his body reacts and setting up to best suit.

I love my bro split, and i stuck with it after researching for a couple of weeks, i have tweeked it a bit to suit but it works and thats all i care about.

Bro splits + dirty bulk = GAINZ
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
I can see myself going back to a brosplit after starting strength, but that'll be later, and I wanna gain some weight before I do that
Post 3 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
I like the pump off them but i LOVE training back and elgs more than once per week... i'd ever go back...
Watch some vids on youtube... there are very FEW successful NATTIES that do a bro split AT ALL anymore and this is especially promoted by the coaches at 3DMJ.. who i admire and listen to for all kindz of advice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
bunter225 private msg quote post Address this user
I had been running PPL for a while, I then put triceps on PULL and biceps on PUSH so I could hit them fresh to bring them up more effectively.
Then I removed shoulders from PUSH/PULL and gave them their own day to help strengthen/build them.
Now my routine is much more bro style but I feel I can train the muscle groups more effectively.
So Im basically 4 on, 1 off, repeat.
It almost keeps the frequency of PPL but over 9 days instead of PPL 8 days.

I enjoy it and its going well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
leanr0x private msg quote post Address this user
I hate curling and most isolation exercises. They may work but i rly dont like it

Do what you like, enjoy your gym sessions
Post 6 IP   flag post
KnifeHands private msg quote post Address this user
That would be because they are not natty and benifit more from a bro split due to increased protein synthesis.
Post 7 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
Bro splits are not very good for natties to run due to the extreme amounts of volume.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifeHands
That would be because they are not natty and benifit more from a bro split due to increased protein synthesis.

Do you have proof that they are ALL not natural? Or is it because they have managed to become what they wanted to become in a industry where its all trial and error?

Or is it jealousy that automatically makes you assume that they are not natty? Please emphasise on your claim that nobody on the ss page is natty.

The1 is natty, the1 followed bro splits, the1 just got 2nd at a competition and looks tremendous. JUST SAYING
Post 9 IP   flag post
lolssons private msg quote post Address this user
@trev no disrespect to the1 but he aint natty he even Said it him self in his logs that he roids
Post 10 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanr0x
Do what you like, enjoy your gym sessions
this.. Do whatever the fuck you wanna do.. -hodgetwins-
Post 11 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
@lolsons is right, i am not natural but bro-splits have always worked for me.. out of the 10 years ive lifted, ive only used in the past 6 months and have always done high-volume/HIT style training with bro-splits and never counting macros AND HAVE ALWAYS MADE GAINS.
Post 12 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
you dont count macros @the1? what about to cut for comps?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
@lolsons is right, i am not natural but bro-splits have always worked for me.. out of the 10 years ive lifted, ive only used in the past 6 months and have always done high-volume/HIT style training with bro-splits and never counting macros AND HAVE ALWAYS MADE GAINS.

This has just been cleared up, I wouldn't say the1 is openly on AAS as the likes of Sickrykes of Xander so its passed me by, I stand corrected.

Although I still feel that some of the athletes on this page could be natural.

And plus, the1 was still a monster before he started using AAS in the past 6 months
Post 14 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
i didn't count macros up until about a year ago getting ready for my first competition, but for the next few years there will be alot of weighing/measuring food and counting macros if i want to go for a pro-card

and you are right , i am not open about it .. and i am not going to post cycles or anything related to it on SS/the internet in general, it's my business and no one elses.. Ive worked hard for years and I want to take it to another level, it's no joke.. it can be seriously detrimental to your health and body and that's why you have to be smart and research the fuck out of it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
i didn't count macros up until about a year ago getting ready for my first competition, but for the next few years there will be alot of weighing/measuring food and counting macros if i want to go for a pro-card

and you are right , i am not open about it .. and i am not going to post cycles or anything related to it on SS/the internet in general, it's my business and no one elses.. Ive worked hard for years and I want to take it to another level, it's no joke.. it can be seriously detrimental to your health and body and that's why you have to be smart and research the fuck out of it.

Respect
Post 16 IP   flag post
What would be the issue with volume for nattys if they ate plenty to accommodate it?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter225
What would be the issue with volume for nattys if they ate plenty to accommodate it?

Probably a strangle hold on protein synthesis which is well documented to about 0.73 - 0.86 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight for a natty bodybuilder.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Quote:

Probably a strangle hold on protein synthesis which is well documented to about 0.73 - 0.86 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight for a natty bodybuilder.

Definately a contributing factor. Guess I was coming from more of an 'overtraining' POV, after all it has been said its more like under-eating than overtraining.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Definately a contributing factor. Guess I was coming from more of an 'overtraining' POV, after all it has been said its more like under-eating than overtraining.

I agree with that, as long as your tracking your macros and work out your bmr and tdee then under eating wont be a problem, personally I do not believe in over training but I love high volume to the point where I cant lift my arms, but that's a personal opinion and I have no studies to back that up.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Im the kind of person that wants to cover all bases, to do a routine that is pure compound and no isolation just feels incomplete TO ME (obviously it is perfectly complete) but I'd rather leave no stone unturned and give all areas direct work instead of relying on compounds to work them. I.E - Bicep work from pull ups or tricep work from bench and so on.

In no way am I saying compounds don't work, If I need to cut down my sessions or gym time then I can happily move to a pure compound routine
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Im the kind of person that wants to cover all bases, to do a routine that is pure compound and no isolation just feels incomplete TO ME (obviously it is perfectly complete) but I'd rather leave no stone unturned and give all areas direct work instead of relying on compounds to work them. I.E - Bicep work from pull ups or tricep work from bench and so on.

In no way am I saying compounds don't work, If I need to cut down my sessions or gym time then I can happily move to a pure compound routine

I don't know what routine you are currently on, but I hit all the compounds and do isolation work aswell
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with that, as long as your tracking your macros and work out your bmr and tdee then under eating wont be a problem, personally I do not believe in over training but I love high volume to the point where I cant lift my arms, but that's a personal opinion and I have no studies to back that up.

Yeah for sure, I find Im responding better to the volume and especially as my knowledge continues to evolve and my gym effort gets more intense I will continue to see results.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Yes, this is my thinking aswell.

Enjoy
Post 24 IP   flag post
Dai private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
Watch some vids on youtube... there are very FEW successful NATTIES that do a bro split AT ALL anymore and this is especially promoted by the coaches at 3DMJ.. who i admire and listen to for all kindz of advice.

Would you mind sharing links? Tried looking at the 3DMJ channel but I could't see a video on that subject.

Interested on this subject, as I started with a 3 day split and then 5. Now tried after 1 and a half year I jumped on phat, but recently after seeing one of icecreams recent video. I jumped on his novice 5x5 full body instead.
Post 25 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Dai Don't think there's a particular video directly on the topic... during Vlogs and in the midst of conversation during video's they'll make that particular statement.

Is their any other particul vid's ur looking for ??
Post 26 IP   flag post
Dai private msg quote post Address this user
@FiremanSi Nah not really, just thought you meant they had a video about it. Just interested in the whole full body vs splits argument, but I guess it will just come down to everyone to there own.

Interested also cause I don't anyone know anyone successful those days not doing a split or push pull, but I guess the older ones are ''proof'' enough. For me, recently I thought a bro split was the only way to train and full body was for new beginners^^
Post 27 IP   flag post
tuco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
have always done high-volume/HIT style training with bro-splits and never counting macros AND HAVE ALWAYS MADE GAINS.

genetics, so unless you have the1's genes don't inspire on him.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco
Quote:
have always done high-volume/HIT style training with bro-splits and never counting macros AND HAVE ALWAYS MADE GAINS.

genetics, so unless you have the1's genes don't inspire on him.

So basically dont look up to anyway as nobody has the same genetics?? Ridiculous statement. Of course i dont have the1's genes but he inspires me in his training methods.

I also admire lazar angelov, simeon panda and joe donnelly but wont follow them anymore because i dont have there genes.

Thanks for your dim witted out look
Post 29 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
@Dai Don't think there's a particular video directly on the topic... during Vlogs and in the midst of conversation during video's they'll make that particular statement.

Is their any other particul vid's ur looking for ??
Jason blaha made a video abouta while ago. I can look for it when I get home
Post 30 IP   flag post
340764 33 30
destitute