Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbiePHATSplit Advice

Is phat too much for me12532

skel1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a lot of volume. Only been lifting for 5 months. Went from 135 to 161 and now cutting to 150. Was not ready to cut but my body fat was around 20% and ditnw want to get fatter. Cutting until thanksgiving then going on a bulk and looking for a new routine. Was on starting strength, not sure if i should continue on SS or do a hypertrophy routine.
Post 1 IP   flag post
rememberthis private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT is a great routine to do when you start bulking.

Bulk for a while and start low so you can increase every wee -- it'll feel kinda weak at first but as you progress in 6 months you'll be lifting beautiful weight in both strength and hypertrophy.

Plus, if you bulk properly, you'll see massive change in body composition.
Post 2 IP   flag post
skel1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks I did not bulk properly the first time. I gained a ton of fat, but also got muscular so i kept doing what i was doing. I paid for it in the long run by hitting 20%bf(my pic)

I get measured tomorrow and will cut for one more week. I think im around 15% right now maybe less

I started on starting strength with low weight so i know how that feels to be in the gym and squatting or pressing crap weight.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
You can always cut some accessory work until you adjust to the volume. I personally don't think I would enjoy it nearly as much as a beginner though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
cschro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977
Looks like a lot of volume. Only been lifting for 5 months. Went from 135 to 161 and now cutting to 150. Was not ready to cut but my body fat was around 20% and ditnw want to get fatter. Cutting until thanksgiving then going on a bulk and looking for a new routine. Was on starting strength, not sure if i should continue on SS or do a hypertrophy routine.

If you're concerned with aesthetics I say go for it. I've done SS and will be trying the Texas Method when I'm done cutting.

Also check into Practical Programming if you have not already. It has a lot of different strength programs for when you are beyond SS.
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Too advanced a program for a new lifter in my opinion.
Full body program or upper lower split for first 6-12months.. LEARN how to lift first....
Then a strength based program like 5-3-1 wendler.
Post 6 IP   flag post
340733 6 6
destitute