Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingDiet AdviceNewbie

Need help reaching daily calories12509

Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, I currently need 2220 calories / day (62 F / 250 C / 167 P) and I'm having issues getting this all in (and balancing the ratios). It's mostly the carbs I can't get in. Any advice would help.
Post 1 IP   flag post
mattd534 private msg quote post Address this user
Im not trying to be a dick dude but if you can't get 2200 calories in a day then your on the wrong website... at the least just to maintain with a sedentary lifestyle you should be consuming around 2200 kals give or take
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Oatmeal, rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, fruits, veggies - Add any of those and voila. Just have full well rounded meals. Eggs and oatmeal for breakfast. Fish fruit and potatoes for lunch. Chicken rice and broccoli for dinner. Mix and match, get your protein/fat intake for the day and then go crazy with carbs.

You dont need to hit 62/250/167 to the TEE, just get 1g/lb of protein and make sure your fats don't go over 30%.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@mattd534 lol us little guys heading toward the 3000+ calorie club
Post 4 IP   flag post
NJT private msg quote post Address this user
Be patient, you'll be able to get it down you eventually. If you still have issues then get a gainer that suits you or maltodextrin or something.
Post 5 IP   flag post
OptimusPrime private msg quote post Address this user
Click me. Do it.

Now click me.

Enjoy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Eat, if you don't feel like eating watch epic meal time if you still don't feel like eating then eat anyway.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm trying to minimize fat gain.. mindlessly shoving food in my mouth just to meet macros doesn't seem like the best way to do that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Hold on...your struggling to eat enough calories, but when someone tells you to eat you get defensive?

Mind Blown
Post 9 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
cup of oats = 60g carbs, 320 calories
cup of rice = 35-40g carbs
whole grain/ezekial bread = 20g + carb per slice

mix this shit with whey protein shakes, natural peanut butter, fruit, bagels, ... man I could go on for ever, be creative

eating wholegrain cereal 2x a day, 3 protein shakes and 2 cups of oats a day would bulk ya lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPerfidy
I'm trying to minimize fat gain.. mindlessly shoving food in my mouth just to meet macros doesn't seem like the best way to do that.

Dude you won't gain any fat eating 2200 cals anyway you will most likely lose muscle and lose a bunch of weight if you begin lifting and eating that tiny. How tall are you and how much you weigh
Post 11 IP   flag post
5'9", 150 lbs. Sorry if that came off defensive.. I used to be 5'6" 172 lbs and I dropped down to 135 and have put on ~15 lbs of muscle from that.

Always worried about putting it back on. Not doubting that I need to eat more, just very cautious about it.

And as far as bread, I thought that was supposed to be minimized? My main carbs I've been focusing on have been Rice, Potoatoes / Sweet Potatoes, Oatmeal, and Rice.
Post 12 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@xPerfidy why would you minimize bread!?
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Norlda Just thought that was the general consensus!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Norlda Just thought that was the general consensus!

Wrong consensus
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
5'9", 150 lbs. Sorry if that came off defensive.. I used to be 5'6" 172 lbs and I dropped down to 135 and have put on ~15 lbs of muscle from that.

Always worried about putting it back on. Not doubting that I need to eat more, just very cautious about it.

And as far as bread, I thought that was supposed to be minimized? My main carbs I've been focusing on have been Rice, Potoatoes / Sweet Potatoes, Oatmeal, and Rice.

Dude that's not true and you definitely need to eat more. Bread is fine if it fits in your macros then it's fine. Do you think your body cares if you eat 20 grams of carbs from bread vs 20grams of carbs from rice? Your over thinking this. I'm not trying to be a dick but just look at the threads on this website and you will see that 2200 kals is nothing! Poor @coolguy1993 has to eat 4000 kals
Post 16 IP   flag post
@xPerfidy just plugged you into a calculator. At 5'9 150lbs doing 5/3/1 you should be eating 2688 cals at Maintenance. Are you trying to cut maintain or bulk?

Bread is just another media scare, I stopped eating it too. After I started again I was still losing weight at the same rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd534
Rice, Potoatoes / Sweet Potatoes, Oatmeal, and Rice.

I think someone likes their rice
Post 17 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
milk srs
Post 18 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
if you can't eat 2200 calories you will not grow. decide how bad you want it and eat more! Some of us have to take in 4000+ and still manage. suck it up and eat.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user

-3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Frostshock I've tried numerous calculators and they're all different. I've seen everywhere from 2100 to 3000.

I'm trying to drink a lot of whole milk.. Honestly just need a bigger appetite.
Post 21 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@xPerfidy they shouldn't be 900 kcals different. That's used error. The biggest discrepancy I've ever seen between calcs is maybe 150-200 tops. Be sure when you enter your numbers, you're also using a calculator that factors in daily energy expenditure. -3X
Post 22 IP   flag post
@eknight I just used IIFYM and got this for bulking:

2641 (172 P / 60 F / 352 C) or (27% P / 20% F / 53% C).

Those macros seem pretty off but maybe that's just me.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Seems right to me. Protein can be a bit lower if you need it to be.
Post 24 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
click your windows calculator and input: your weight x 15. That's a good place to start. Add and subtract as you go depending on what youre trying to do.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Devil82 private msg quote post Address this user
avoid bread only if u are gluten intolerant
Post 26 IP   flag post
@xPerfidy I like freedieting.com and their calculator to me it's more accurate then the iffym...here is the link http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
@xPerfidy I like freedieting.com and their calculator to me it's more accurate then the iffym...here is the link http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Even with that, the bulking macros I've got are accurate. Glad I could get it all figured out.

Thanks everyone who was helpful.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Even with that, the bulking macros I've got are accurate. Glad I could get it all figured out.

Thanks everyone who was helpful.

Good luck bro
Post 29 IP   flag post
340737 29 29
destitute