Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDiet AdviceTeenTraining Programs

cutting 5x5 stronglifts12397

RHGF private msg quote post Address this user
i started my diet 89 days ago and have lost 35 pounds, but i'm not ripped as i want so i want to cut a bit more, BUT i've started to follow stronglifts 5x5 training program and i don't know if it will be as effective for me to lose fat as my bodybuilding split was.

PLEASE! can you give me some tips on diet or trainig?
i'm finishing my cutting and i'll achieve my goal!
THANKS!
Post 1 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
I would pick something else. That's primarily a strength building routine and will be hard to follow while cutting weight.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Heinous private msg quote post Address this user
I have to disagree 100%, training for strenth is great while cutitng since you wont build any muscle on a caloric deficit anyways, try to maintain some strength is always good and isolation movements doesnt give a flying shit when cutting more then compounds, in my honest opinion!
Post 3 IP   flag post
OptimusPrime private msg quote post Address this user
This is going to sound like a forum broken record, but cutting is predominantly about consumption habits. For your output, for someone not looking to step on stage, less is more. You can carb cycle to suit training days for your stronglifts, just don't stress about progressive overload as your lifts will stagnate or drop off 1RM.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@OptimusPrime THE KING HAS SPOKEN!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Heinous I agree it is good to try to keep your strength during a cut, I'm just saying he will most likely stall on most of his lifts and can't expect to gain much strength.
Post 6 IP   flag post
i'm also worried about i'm losing biceps size with this kind of train because don't have any exercise expecific for the bicep what do you recommend? @_RudeCrew @Heinous @OptimusPrime
Post 7 IP   flag post
If youre gonna do stronglifts throw in some chin ups after training one day and curls at the end of training another day.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@_RudeCrew Exactly, and @RHGF just because you prioritize strength lifts you do not have to miss out on curls and shit, like for example powerliftr Brandon Lilly (google that shit) does bodybuidling work on his last training day of the week to prevent inbalances etc, like curls and calf raises
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Heinous I've been doing brandon lillys cube method for awhile
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Heinous i'm doing stronglifts MON/WED/FRI do you recomend me doing bodybuilding work which day?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@RHGF Sorry for not answering ive been busy! Id say satuday so you get some rest before moday, and also the reason i made it your last training day in the week is because you want to prioritize the three big ones (bench squat deads) and the rest is just choices of yours that youd like to add, but i would only do stuff that im not able to do on the other days, isolation movements like bicep curls, calf raises, rear delts, forearms etc, do the shit youre either behind in or stuff that will increase your three big lifts, its totally up to you!
Post 12 IP   flag post
340609 12 12
destitute