Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingFemale FitnessPush Pull LegsTraining Programs

Push/Pull/Legs and other workout routines12350

oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys. So I have 1 more week of my workout routine that RJ gave me. It was my 2nd round on it. Anywho, I want to start a new workout program once I'm finished. Def don't want to go back to the bro split cuz I get bored with it. So I was thinking about push/pull/legs. I don't know everything about it, but from what I've read so far, it seems cool. Like somewhat similar to what I've done, or I guess some aspects of it. Based on my current routine (in my log), do you think p/p/l would be a good transition? or do you think I should try a diff workout program? Just want your advice/opinion. I'm not really trying to get any stronger than I am. That's not my goal. Obviously I'm still trying to lose weight, and I know that's all about diet. So I don't think the 5/3/1 thing is really for me. Seems like it's a strength training program if I'm not mistaken. Anywho, so please let me know your thoughts.

Also, regarding p/p/l, I found this site and was thinking about the 5 day cycle if I end up doing this program. What do you think?

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/push-pull-legs-split/

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly i dont know..

my advise though you try it for a week or 2. If you enjoy it then stick to it.

What matters is that your having fun. Some prefer phat some prefer PPL. its actually a personal choice.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
But i might say its also a good program. especially when your on a busy sked.
Post 3 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
PPL was a great split for me i did it for over a yr nearly and i really enjoyed it.

I actually got the idea from Ogus.. 'Your Mate' @oceanair... SRS. Strong.

His youtube vids were great for an understanding of his designed program by eric helms.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been doing PPL for about 8-12 weeks now as well and it's been great for me. It's simple, straightforward, and effective. It's very customizable, and can be tailored to your specific needs.

I tried to do 3 days on 1 day off and repeat, but I found that frequency was too much for me on my current work schedule, so yeah I'd say go for a 5 day split.

It's a good program, I'm not sure about any other hypertrophy specific program you could other than bro split (which you already stated you don't want to do).

Anyways that my 2 cents
Post 5 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
Cool, thanks guys! I think I'll do P/P/L/ then

@jonrivs49 ya totally. it seems like a fun program.

@FiremanSi awesome. i'll check out ogus's videos. honestly though, not sure where to find the actual outline of the p/p/l program and how i can customize it. is that all in his videos? is eric helms the one who created p/p/l? sorry if i sound ignorant here lol. i don't know too much about it. just the basics.

@Hewy007 my schedule isn't busy atm. so should i do the 3 days on, 1 day off split? i'm currently training 6 days a week.
Post 6 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@oceanair Eric helms is head coach of 3DMJ.. he's also matt's head coach.

Here's the first video for the LPP routine is.

Post 7 IP   flag post
340732 7 7
destitute