Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsPHATSplit Advice

Lower Power Problems12312

Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Just started PHAT and having problems with my lower power day.

I dont feel as worked as i do compared to upper power and i just dont feel like my legs have been worked hard enough(this might be due to being used to hypertrophy training)

I also feel as though my form slips when going heavier and im not working the muscles properly.

Squats seems to be the only power exercise i feel my legs work on but i feel pains in my lower back and hip region.

Also im wondering if the leg press i use could be doing more harm on my hip flexors? Its one of the diaganol push ones if you get me and on the negative im wondering if im coming too low??
Post 1 IP   flag post
If i lie naturally and let my legs loose to fall into a natural position, this happens....

Post 2 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
Do you do any mobility work before squats? If you point your feet outward that's why maybe your hips are hurting because your limiting movement in the hip capsule. I think slight point outward is ok but I have my feet straight and as I squat down push my knees out. Your form will slip when going heavier, if your form is still safe its fine but if it goes to much lower the weight dude.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
do you have tight hip flexors and hamstrings?

My right foot does the same thing, it almost seems as if my right femur is externally rotated because my right foot always points out diagonally
Post 4 IP   flag post
I do some light dynamic stretches but firemansi gave me some videos of stretches that im going to try. Yeah i have been pointing toes outwards as when i point straight forward my knees wobble and lean in.

And i think my hamstringa might be weak or tight and my glutes are just non existant lol, i also feel like my femur is jut completely out of place
Post 5 IP   flag post
Callofthehounds private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer93
when i point straight forward my knees wobble and lean in.

Start hitting your posterior chain a bit more.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Hamer93 you must be pushing your knees forward for them to wobble while your feet are straight. Trying pushing your knees out, may take some time getting used to it and you might have to practice air squats doing it. I advise looking thought Kelly starrett channel in YouTube. Since watching his kids my squat form is heck of a lot better. Only wish he did more deadlift vids haha
Post 7 IP   flag post
kbradley88 private msg quote post Address this user
My leg does that due to a serious knee injury years ago, it is impossible for me to squat with both feet facing forward, iv been told its due to catalidge in my knee being damage but it doesnt pain me anymore now jus isnt lined up with the quad properly
Post 8 IP   flag post
Posterior chain as in glutes and hams?

Yeah i will look at his channel and deffo try the force knees out trick,
Thanks for all posts
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer93
Posterior chain as in glutes and hams?

Yessir!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Just realised I said since watching his kids my squat form is better, damn autocorrect! Meant to say vids haha
Post 11 IP   flag post
Just realised I said since watching his kids my squat form is better, damn autocorrect! Meant to say vids haha
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarronStenner

HAHAHAHA.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
Lol...
Post 14 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamer93 You've seen my lower power days yeah ?? I'm pretty FOCKED after that workload mate !!
Post 15 IP   flag post
340738 15 15
destitute