Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

chest exersices research12262

golagola private msg quote post Address this user
just notice in this research i found in the internet :
https://www.acefitness.org/certifiednews/images/article/pdfs/ace_bestchestexercises.pdf
i didnt understand the meaning of the EMG and RPE ,
anywa bottom line i would like to know if the peck deck machine really better than dumbbell fly and dips ??
untill today everyone told others thing
is it really better for mass purpose ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
samirsaleh private msg quote post Address this user
electromyography and perceived exertion
Post 2 IP   flag post
so does this research say that pec deck machine better for mass than dip and dumbbell fly exersices ?
so 90% of the people wrong when they say dips better ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
who told you that dips were better for hypertrophy?
Post 4 IP   flag post
almost everyone that i asked told me that pushing exersices better and dips when u lean forward is better for your chest than any fly movement ,and that pec deck machine isnt mass builder exerisce.
so the peck machine is the best exersice after benc press better than the dumbbell fly and dips ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
you shouldnt listen to anything those ppl say... they are ass backwards and leaning forward with dips is bad for the shoulders and shit..the role of the chest is to bring your arms together in front of you..so yes, pec dec is good
Post 6 IP   flag post
@pandasashi
ok ty
yhe every thing ppl say about bb in most of the time wrong !
do u have any idea why the pec deck better by alot than the dumbell fly ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by golagola
@pandasashi
yhe every thing ppl say about bb in most of the time wrong !
do u have any idea why the pec deck better by alot than the dumbell fly ?

I do the pec deck sometimes as i feel you get a better pump, more stable aswell...thats just me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Abdolutely any chest exercise is goibg to add muscle. Ideally stick to free weights. If you like decline stick to it. If you like flat. Stick to it. If you like a combo of presses and flys. Stick to it.

You get me point? Exercise selection is not very important for hypertrophy. What is important is execution/ sufficient TUT and most nb progression. Add excess food and enough rest = growth.

No doubt @EK will tell you again.. to stop complicating things.

# excuse bad spelling/grammar ~ on my phone
Post 9 IP   flag post
so if i train home i should stop dips and dumbbell fly just pressing right ?
Post 10 IP   flag post
TyrannosaurusFlex private msg quote post Address this user
I would never recommend decline bench @brian12. Too many risks involved.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by golagola
so if i train home i should stop dips and dumbbell fly just pressing right ?

Why would you stop them? Why not do several different movements? Once again, you're over complicating things. The only things I would advise you stopping are getting advice from "bodybuilders" and sweating every little detail of your training. Has it occurred to you that no one else here asks these sorts of questions and yet they are progressing just fine? What does that suggest to you?

Edit to add- the pec deck is a machine that keeps continuous tension on the muscles, whereas flyes with DBs do not. Once you are no longer fighting gravity, the tension on the pecs decreases. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
@eknight

ty very much man ,
but why do u care i ask question :S ?
i is interesting me and important to me to understand it ,
so does it mean pec deck will make more mass gain in the long run ?
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I actually don't care. But I wonder how much enjoyment you could possibly get out of trying to be healthy when you make it so much work. I'm sure I've said this before, but rather than picking random articles and ideas to read, why not use the approach of learning basic anatomy and nutrition first? You'd be amazed how many of your questions you'd already know the answers to if you went that route.

And no, it doesn't mean that at all. Mass gains are about diet first and foremost and have nothing to do with exercise choice. As important as fiber recruitment is, it is equally important to use heavy enough weight to elicit growth. Movements such as flyes and the pec deck don't allow you to handle enough weight for maximum growth. That's why I said to do a variety of movements. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
i am gonne learn anatomy an nutrition the next year after i will finish the architecture ,
for now i have no time for this but ty for suggestin ,
i make it so much work because i dont understand why i amnot getting muscle :S
people should get something like 2 lbs of clean mass in a month and i get maybe 2 lbs in a month but it seem more fat than muscle so i am looking for problems and i puted alot of time my nutrition and my routine here and people told me it is good so this is why i work so hard to find what is the real problem
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
NO ONE natural gets 2 pounds of muscle a month unless they're just starting out, and even then it's difficult. Not sure what your idea of putting a lot of time into your routine is, but you seem to want to change it every week. How often have you been advised to be patient and run a routine for 8-10 weeks straight with no changes before you start tinkering with it?

Your approach to why you aren't learning the biology of the body makes no sense. In the amount of time you've spent asking questions and posting here, you could have easily learned basic A&P and nutrition. 20-30 minutes a day adds up, and you'll get a better foundation from a textbook then the random things you ask here. -3X
Post 16 IP   flag post
where should i find all these article about ap and nutrition ?
so after one year of bed nutrition and bad routine and after starting strengh how much lbs should i aim for a month (of weight=muscle and fats probebly)?
for getting muscle with minimall of fats?
do u think that i change routine all the time can be the reason that i get less mass than i could ?
i am in PPL now for a month
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Go to a bookstore and buy a book on anatomy & physiology and one on basic nutrition for athletes.

If you've already been training for a year, a realistic goal for lean body mass gains for a natural are going to be 0.5-0.75 pounds a month. You understand that that equates to 6-8 pounds of solid muscle in a year. That's a LOT of size for most people. Put another way, if you gain 12-15 pounds your first year, and 6-8 your next, that's 18-23 pounds solid in two years. That's what Layne Norton gained and he's a pro bodybuilder! It's unlikely you'll gain more than a pro. -3X
Post 18 IP   flag post
i downloaded a nice book alittle hard to understand because my englis isnt so good but i will try ,
anyway ty very much i didnt know that u can get too small amount of muscle per year so it confused me ,
can it reduce my mass gain when i change routine every month ?
coz untill now this what i did and now i am on ppl a month the next week
Post 19 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
The wonders of natural bodybuilding. Just don't get discouraged. This is a marathon and not a race....or something of that nature...in other words...takes a long time m8. Plan to exercise for a lifetime.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Yes, changing your routine too frequently can limit growth. I've mentioned several times before that at least 10-12 weeks is needed for most people for a routine at minimum.

Are you unable to actually go to a bookstore? The information available on the net is often inaccurate. -3X
Post 21 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Getting big is not complicated!

Pick a routine thats proven results, i.e phat, musclepharms get swole, ppl etc its on the internet and all you have to do is lift and perform why it says! Dont question it, just fucking do it.

Workout your macros, theres calculators on line, this takes about 0.5% of your brain to type your weight and height.

Tack your macros, my fitness pal does this for you, you do no work.

Sleep. Sleeping is down to you and everyone knows how to sleep.

Do this and you'll progress.

Getting big is not complicated. Woman are complicated.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Mikemadeofpeace private msg quote post Address this user
100% a marathon, you have to enjoy the micro in all of it or you will not last.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@eknight
ty for answer
http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8809497/Hole_s_Human_Anatomy_and_Physiology_11th_Edition.pdf_Gooner

this one for torrent everyone can download it for free
Post 24 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice advertisement for piracy right there, good one lad
Post 25 IP   flag post
there are more u can find about everything ,
just my english isnt so good for reading and udnerstand all these very well
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@golagola again, I'd advise getting an actual book from a bookstore. Frequently, incorrect info gets "published" online and piracy isn't cool. -3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
i will look for something in my lenguage
ty man
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Do you have a library near you? That's also an option. -3X
Post 29 IP   flag post
@eknight

can i do on leg day one time sumo deadlift and after front squat
and the next workoute squat and than romanian deadlift or it is too much changes?
and what about fly on chest day , cant i do sometime incline fly and sometime flate fly ?
Post 30 IP   flag post
340624 47 30
destitute