Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionPHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

New to Site and to PHAT and wanted to share12245

Xandar private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

Just came across this site and thought I'd perch. I've been out of the game for a bit, cyberwise, an my old forum is now at a snails pace and spam botted to hell.

Anyway, I have about 12 years of lifting and competing experience but I' suffered a illness that kept me out the last year and I lost 52lbs. No it's not the HIV and no I'm not dying.

I started PHAT immediately coming back into the gym and after just one month. I must tell you, it's been fantastic. I did a lot of research on it before I picked it as my program. Can't say enough good things about it so far.

I'm following the program to the letter as of now just because I felt like I should for a couple of months. I figured I'd customize it a bit after my first 6 weeks.

I was curious, to those that care to comment, should I deload at 6 or 12 weeks? how many weeks deload? should I still hit the body parts 2x a week with a more hyportrophic routine? and how long should this routine be ran for, if there is any length per say? if so, any suggestions on a good followup routine?

I feel like I could run this for quite a long time. First time in my entire 12 years I've worked a muscle 2x a week. Wish I would have tried it sooner......

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice and thanks for having me....
Post 1 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
there was a time... not to far ago... when this entire front page was nothing but logs of young men sharing their progress while on a PHAT split. i remember it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@Xandar welcome, with regards to deloads there isn't really any set time when you should have them, just deload when your lifts start to stall across the board (not just 1 or 2 exercises) or for that matrer when you feel you need a mental break from the gym. Pretty sure recommendations are to use around 60% of the weight you'd normally use for the exercise. And finally if you don't want to hit muscles twice a week on the deload you don't have to, jutting go hit em once if you like. For me though on my deloads I just take a week out of tthe gym conpletely, fucking love it haha
Post 3 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Oh and you can follow this style of training pretty much indefinitely if you wanted to, entirely up to you
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Join the phat bastard crew bro!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Xandar private msg quote post Address this user
@david12345676 @WinnersNever@uit @Hamer93 .... thanks for responding.

@david12345676 ..... This site looks as if it's primarily young lads. I'll be the old guy at 37 lol.

@WinneersNeverQuit .... thanks for the advice. I pretty much figured the program was set of for an indefinite period. Just curious of others who had worked it point of view.

@Hamer93 is the phat bastard crew a group on here, or were you just saying it in a general context?
Post 6 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT crew checkin IN !!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
welcome to the board. phat is a great routine. you wont be dissapoint.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Meant it because i recently started phat(this week!) and there is a LOT of posters running phat
Post 9 IP   flag post
340613 9 9
destitute