Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BackBulkingMotivationTeenTraining Programs

Back routine12214

TeenMonster private msg quote post Address this user
Im going to design a new back workout and just wanted some thingas cleared out.
When designing a back workout, should you start with the lats, then go on to the middle back and then lower?
Post 1 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
If I were you I'd just find a professional written rouine that's been proven so you don't have to worry about all that. Just my .02 though.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
The fact that you are asking the above indicates that you probably aren't ready to create your own routine. Making a routine from scratch is more than just, "what part do you focus on first?" It involves the rest of your routine, frequency, volume, diet, training experience and a host of other factors. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Damon1962 private msg quote post Address this user
I would prioritize based on strength-energy needs. For example, I'd start with dead's and then move toward the next most strenuous weight pulling exercise and would end with pull-ups because, for me, they are the easiest and only require bodyweight.

Another way to look at it is lowest reps to highest reps.

I also agree that you would receive optimal benefits by using a recognized routine, but you do what you want and I hope I was of some help.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Dbyrnes private msg quote post Address this user
My routine's always start with the Big lift first ( deads, squat, bench). I dedicate usually the first hour on these big lifts and move on to secondary exercises afterwards. I figure if your strong in the main lifts, you'll excel In everything else.
Post 5 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer to prioritize my workouts base off of this.

If A. is Chest/shoulder/tri's and B is all my back I rotate my days with

A. main exercise typically 3-5 reps with one to two RPT sets.
B. main exercise for back typically 8-12 reps

Then I move into A. accessories.. then I do shoulders and arms.. and if im feeling it I will do additional B. exercise.. such as a pulldown for lats if I did a row as primary B.

I personally like it like this.
Post 6 IP   flag post
340630 6 6
destitute