Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.WTF

Things in the gym that just make you shake y12098

jaydiddy85 private msg quote post Address this user
I saw some guy today doing one arm dumbbell rows with a weight belt on. To make matters even better he was wearing a shirt that said "bro do you even lift?"
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe he didn't feel like taking the belt all the way off after deadlifts. Do YOU even lift?
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Not following you. Why is the above scenario bothersome? -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hiiibbbb private msg quote post Address this user
I saw these two guys on the squat rack curling with a 10 on each side with cables attached to the bar. It was a true face palm moment
Post 4 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
I always wear a belt when I DB row. Maybe he has a bad back? Maybe he was doing heavy ass DB row's?

In Korea, it seems popular to do 1/8th rep bench press and leg press. Guys load the plates, let it lower about 1-1.5 inches and back up. So silly. Halve the weight and still doubt they could do a real rep. - And no surprise, they look exactly the same year after year. There are only three guys in my gym who improve their body on a yearly basis - the rest just spin their wheels
Post 5 IP   flag post
I guess I didnt consider the bad back scenario. It looked pretty loose though. @eknight I guess it looked to me like he had it on as an accessory. He followed it up with curls and no deadlifts. It has its place just not gonna see me doing curls with a weight belt.
@wannabemuscular I do indeed lift.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
I thought you meant a belt to add weight and he had 45s hanging from the belt. That shit would be funny.

Wearing one for support isn't that funny tho bro
Post 7 IP   flag post
JJ3065 private msg quote post Address this user
I saw a dude one time who brought in those special ankle straps that allow you to hang upside down from a bar. So he slaps those bad boys on, grabs some 20s, jumps up on the pull up bar, goes inverted and proceeds to do, I shit you not, hanging tricep extensions. It was during the busy part of the day too. So much cringe.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hiiibbbb private msg quote post Address this user
@JJ3065 maybe he was trying to look taller
Post 9 IP   flag post
mattd534 private msg quote post Address this user

see this all the time I just shake my head especially when they scream when they go 2 inches down
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ben777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydiddy85
I guess I didnt consider the bad back scenario. It looked pretty loose though. @eknight I guess it looked to me like he had it on as an accessory. He followed it up with curls and no deadlifts. It has its place just not gonna see me doing curls with a weight belt.@wannabemuscular I do indeed lift.

@The1 curls in a belt I believe. If it's good enough for him...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Guess I'm not curling enough!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
When you're 200+ lbs lean with 19" arms I think you can wear a belt whenever you want and noone will say shit lol.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Callofthehounds private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd534

see this all the time I just shake my head especially when they scream when they go 2 inches down

I thought I saw someone taking a video of me.
Post 14 IP   flag post
mattd534 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn sorry bro
Post 15 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
dont see the problem. maybe he has a back injury. u mad i wear a belt doing incline curls op?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I guess it isn't as crazy as I originally thought. Haha
Post 17 IP   flag post
samirsaleh private msg quote post Address this user
maybe his shorts are loose, usin the belt to hold it up
Post 18 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
People who are amateurs wearing belts, never wore a belt and never will.

Post 19 IP   flag post
illwill private msg quote post Address this user

First time taking a pic of a clown in the gym...usually I just ignore stuff, but this...
Post 20 IP   flag post
SimplyBulking9 private msg quote post Address this user
Saw a guy in the gym today wearing a weightlifting belt on the stairmaster haha, shouldve taken a pic! Also saw someone squatting like in the first vid with waaay too much weight!
Post 21 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill

First time taking a pic of a clown in the gym...usually I just ignore stuff, but this...

I dont get it? What's wrong here? The squat/neck padding thing?
Post 22 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
And the fact that he's using fingerless gloves, circa Madonna 1983. And appears to have made some sort of weird cheeseburger shaped thing from the oddly stacked plates. -3X
Post 23 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Lets not hate on Madonna! She made some bad ass songs back then!
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@adam82a no doubt- but would YOU ever wear this at the gym?

If you would...please don't tell me. I don't want to know. -3X
Post 25 IP   flag post
ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this kid that prob weighed 150lbs with a thick ass weight belt on a bicycle... Worst part he was wearing a string no sleeve tank top... Cringe*
Post 26 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
When you do back and already pack on that belt on you waist. Sometimes you just dont want to take it off.

@jaydiddy85.. Try telling Ronnie Coleman that does he even lift.
He wears belt everytime, gym house car..

Forward to 1:00 min
Post 27 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
First thing I faced in the gym today when trying to do pullups - some fucker doing three sets of triple drop sets on cable flyes with 20s rest between each drop and 60s rest between each set.

Do your shitty, pointless drop sets by all means, just pisses me off when they get in the way of my workout.
Post 28 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
People I stumble at the gym. Bench press Curler, Bench Press Shrugger, Dumbell collector, Squat rack curler.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
OKAY, this I have never seen ever.

I'm waiting for a bench press at carelton uni gym, and this kid is doing split squats, using the bench press equipment... what?

He unracks 115lbs from the bench, walks back from the bench, tries to clean & press the weight behind the neck to get the bar to rest on his shoulders to finally start the split squats.

-not to mention the entire clean and press effort was definietly a 1RM type of thing.. so much struggle.

Upon completing split squats he almost kills himself behind the neck pressing the weight juuuust over his head..

The next set he goes for 135lbs! I'm thinking this guy is fucking retarded and wasting everyone's time whosoever is waiting for a bench press.

He can't even clean the 135 up to his shoulders, not even half way. In complete and utter defeat he racks the bar back on the bench and then drops down to 115 wiith a spotter....

so much anger
Post 30 IP   flag post
340752 32 30
destitute