Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCardioCuttingDiet AdviceTraining Programs

lost nearly 30 kg's , need advice now12023

KevsterC private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and this will be my first topic.
I will upload a photo here of me starting out and a recent photo of me next to it.
I was very overweight at 107 kg's and I am 1 metre 83 centimetres.
right now i am at 83 kilo's and want to add on lots of muscle. I want to look like some of the people in the movies with big muscles (not too big but just pretty big).
what would you recommend me to do;
Bulk or cut and bulk? Im kind of tired of cutting and cant keep following my diet as i cheat too much because i dont like eating like a rabbit every day and i dont see a lot of changes to my body lately.
i go lift 5-6 times a week with 30 minutes of cardio 1fter lifting.
please someone help me because i'm kind of stuck and want to progress into reaching the body i want.
regards, Kevin.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I eventually want to look like the person in the pic below. Just not too cut but very muscular.
Post 2 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
Keep cutting man, no offense but you still have a fairly large amount of body fat. NO disrespect and mirin that huge fat loss.
Post 3 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Keep cutting!!!

What your calories at? Macros?

Hows your training? What routine? Have you been progressing with lifts?

My guess is that you are still in the newbie gains phase - so u can cut and add some muscle at the same time. But your BF is too high to start bulking.

Either way, i hope you counting calories and macros! Answer the questions above and then youll get a lot of good advice
Post 4 IP   flag post
I have never really counted calories or used macros as i dont know what amount of protein and stuff are in my foods, i try to eat as healthy as possible each day and i always try to maximally eat about 1700 kcal each day, but sometimes its very hard to maintain and when my friends at school go to the fast food place i join them and eat along but thats only on fridays.
i recently bought peanut butter as a friend who does calisthenics told me that is very good to get muscle.
my workout schedule:
monday: back and biceps
tuesday: chest and triceps and abs
wednesday: back and biceps
thursday: legs and abs
friday: rest
saturday: chest and triceps and shoulders and abs
sunday: rest

i dont really think thats a good workout schedule so please help me if you can.
if anyone could make a list of CHEAP foods i could take with me to school that would be awesome because i know i eat way too much carbs.
i really want to lose those love handles and get some abs popping out.

Ill be sticking around this thread so please respond
thank you very much all of you for taking your time
Post 5 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
You could just keep doing what you're doing and look at the scale every week or you can get spot on results using IIFYM macros.

It's up to you. There's nothing wrong with the way you're dieting it's just not consistent. As you lose weight you need to lower the amount you eat keep in mind.

There is nothing wrong with carbs, It's really all about the calorie number. You need carbs for energy, especially on a cut.

Just try not to eat junk food as it's very calorie dense I guess.

The truth is that it's really hard unless you're counting your macros consistently.

Peanut butter is very calorie dense that's why its good for building muscle.
Post 6 IP   flag post
About the calories i can start counting but thoze macros seem too much to start doing as im also very busy with school.

how i train:
chest: bench press 40 kg and do that 8 times, then 45 kg 8 times and then 50 kg until i maxed(mostly about 4-5 times) and then put only 20 kgs on the bar and max out(about 20 times up and down) and then i do bench wity dumbbells about 14 kg each dumbbell

back: 45 kg pulldown 1st time then 50 kg then 55 kg (all in series of 8) and then do another exercise with the same weights

biceps: 3 or 4 times 8x dumbbell curls with 12-14 kg dumbbell

triceps: "dips" on a chair with hands next to me and feet far from me on the ground
and some of the gym machines for triceps

shoulders: dumbbell pushes
i dont know any good shoulders exercises :S

abs: ab crunch machine where there is about 65 kg added (you can select how much) this is a hard exercise and i dont do regular crunches because i get hurt in my back from them
then i do a 1minute 20 sec planche hold
Also doing some exercise for obliques
Post 7 IP   flag post
@KevsterC

Nutrition. If you want to get serious then you need to set a calorie goal and eat with a eatio of roughly 50/30/20 carbs/protein/fat. Peanutbutter (if its natural) is a good source of fats. It is not going to give you musvle lol. Your body doesnt know the difference between healthy or bad food ~ its all about calories and macros. Example a piece of pizza and a chicken salad with olive oil that has the same macro/calorie will have same impact on ypur body. Myfitnesspal is a great phone app to use.

Routine wise ~ your routine is terrible, no offense. Look at some of the logs on SS. Ask some questions and choose a routine that way. DONT make your own.

If you want results - pin down nutrition and routine
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
My guess is that you are still in the newbie gains phase - so u can cut and add some muscle at the same time.

i thought gaining muscle while on a cut couldn't be achieved?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
@KevsterC
Get on a good routine (find it on here on SS)
Stick the Macro nutrient split stated above (right it down)
Download my fitness pal, it's now one of your most powerful tools
Look into LISS and HIIT cardio

The harder you work the better you will look
good luck
Post 10 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Keep cutting and base your training on gaining strength. I wouldn't worry about adding mass right now. Cut and get strong.
Post 11 IP   flag post
So i do cardio, stay at about max 1500 kcal a day and do lifting for strength as in doing highest weight with like 5 sets of 5 reps?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Bump
Post 13 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
You're only eating 1500 calories?!? Wayyyy too low. You're gonna need to start getting that up to a more realistic maintenance level little by little. How long have you been eating so little?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ive been eating that for a long time as i thought rhat was a good calorie intake to lose weight sometimes itd max. 2000 but thats only on a once a week cheat day.. so i need to eat more than that?:o?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@KevsterC You have likely been eating more than you think.

It's time to start tracking calories and macro's super accurately.

But if you were legitimately eating on average just 1500 cals a day. Then bump this up to 1700, and see what happens after a few weeks, and then continue bumping up to 2000. You should still be losing weight even when you hit 2300-2400 calories (however, you may have a slower metabolism than others). Either way, you need to work those calories up to the 2000 mark.

And gym focus should be on lifting weights! More weight lifting, less cardio
Post 16 IP   flag post
teewhat private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to SS.
Awesome work with the weight loss man, great stuff.

follow what everyone has said above in regards to nutrition (calories/ macro tracking) and youll be sweet.

if your still new to the weights room, i always try and advise to find a good full body routine. hit that 3 times a week, progressivly overload the weight each week to ensure your increasing strength gainz.
watch the muscle/strength increase and the fat drop off!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
But isnt the cardio better to lose more weight?
today i had about 1200 kcal and still gonna eat some in the evening.
just got back from gym: bench press 3x8 with 50 kg on weight(bar not included) and then machine bench(wide grip) with 40 kilo did that 3x8 then another machine bench same weight and also 3 sets of 8 on that, then did triceps: dips with weight helping me, did 2x10 on that and tricep machine with rope attached that you have to pull down and when down you kind of spread the rope did that 3x8 times with 20 kg weight on it.
then did my shoulders : shoulder press with 14 kg dumbbells 3x8 and idk name of exercise but its that you hold the dumbbells in your hands and then raise your shoulders (same move you make when someone asks you something and you don't know the answer and you raise your shoulders, i think you get the idea) with 14 kg dumbbells 3x8
then did 20 minutes of treadmilm running at 8.5 km per hour and burned about 180 kcal with it
then did about 10 minutes of bicycle machine burned about 30 kcal

regards,Kevin
Post 18 IP   flag post
I have the possibility to go to the gym 5--6 times a week and can max be theree for about 2.5 hours
i tried a 3x a week method before but didnt like it as i stopped progressing in it

yesterday did my back did 70 kg on the machines and 12 kg bicep curls
Post 19 IP   flag post
Bump
Post 20 IP   flag post
ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Yea bud you're gonna want to loose that fat (you're skinny fat) no offense. After just cutting bulk again with a good diet (macros/ carbs/ calories) great job on though keep going
Post 21 IP   flag post
ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Just word of advice... You might want to ask a certified professional to be sure what step to take next
Post 22 IP   flag post
340738 22 22
destitute