Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingNewbiePHATPhysiqueTraining Log

Briggsy's training/workout log12008

Briggsy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,
iv been on here a few weeks now and have been browsing and researching to get more info so that i can go on a successful bulk and get the gains in strength that im after then go on a cut and see where i stand.

A little about myself, I am 21, male and from England. i am 6ft 2" currently weigh 12st/168lbs. I am an army commando so have a good level of cardiovascular fitness and pretty good mental strength, but my physical strength and size is not as i want, hence my aim to bulk and change my training routine to get stronger and a better physique.

I am changing to the phat routine in a couple of weeks as im going away on monday for adventure training so wont really be able to fully commit to it during that time.

My aim is to bulk until the end of December/January and then start my cut, hopefully get to around 13 stone. However with my bulk i am currently using myfitnesspal app and have been eating around +500 calories per day so this is all going well, but when it comes to cut time i dont fully understand what percentages of carbs/protein/fats i should have or should i keep it as close to 50/30/20 as i can?

I havent been training too long but have seen some good gains from when i started, which i did begin with starting strength and then gone onto a bro split with a mate, but both are looking for a new training plan hence changing to phat.

my current personal best lifts with good form are
bench - 1x70KG
deadlift - 1x120KG
squat - 1x90KG
OHP - 1x50KG

I intend on upping all of these quite substantially during my bulk and my change onto phat.

Sorry for the epic 1st post and i will upload pics soon. Any help/comments much appreciated and i hope to learn a lot from you guys and make a lot of progress with your help.
cheers Briggsy (Rob)
Post 1 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Keep your macro ratio the same. Some ppl also prefer 40/40/20 srs. I wouldn't worry about cutting in your current state though. I believe you will want to get bigger before going into a deficit even by December. Building muscle takes a long time. If you find that you are fatter than you would like then decrease cals to maintenance level for awhile and slowly add back 100-200 cals at a time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoleAnimal
Keep your macro ratio the same. Some ppl also prefer 40/40/20 srs. I wouldn't worry about cutting in your current state though. I believe you will want to get bigger before going into a deficit even by December. Building muscle takes a long time. If you find that you are fatter than you would like then decrease cals to maintenance level for awhile and slowly add back 100-200 cals at a time.

Right, yeah im not thinking about cutting yet, want to get to atleast 13 stone/182lbs. Yeah, i said ideally by December/January but if im not at 182lbs or im not happy with my size/strength then ill push my cut back and keep my bulk on. Ok mate, thanks for the info
Post 3 IP   flag post
Here are a few photos i got this morning. Hopefully i can have a good bulk and add quite a lot of mass and gain a nice amount of strength.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Just found out i get a free gym pass for the next 2 weeks in Germany so should hopefully be able to start PHAT next week.

Also what foods would you recommend for bulking as the last couple of days my fat has been around 30-35% and my carbs hovering around 40-45% and as you guys know well enough i would like my fat around 20% and carbs around 50%
Post 5 IP   flag post
Could anyone help, im using mapmyfitness but im unsure wether my daily intake is correct for my bulk. Iv worked it out to 3400 but would like someone to double check for me.
Im 6ft 2
Male
5 training sessions per week and im very active

Any help much appreciated
Post 6 IP   flag post
Back from Germany, unfortunately the gym was mainly cardio machines so was just ticking over and only started PHAT today.

Bent over rows - 60kg - 5 reps/3 sets
Pull ups - 6 reps/2 sets
Rack chins - 6 reps/2 sets
Flat dumbbell press - 28kg - 4 reps/3 sets
Dips - 6 reps/2 sets
Seated dumbbell shoulder press - 16.8kg - 6 reps/3 sets
Cambered bar curls - 20kg + bar - 6 reps/3 sets
Skull crushers - 20kg - 6 reps/3 sets

I think i could have done more on pull ups, rack chins and dips but didnt know if i would be able to, with it being my first time so next time will increase reps on those.
Post 7 IP   flag post
340752 7 7
destitute