Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionMotivationSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Training Program and Enjoyment11982

DanMmmFood private msg quote post Address this user
First post after been a silent reader for a while. First off love the forum all of you seem to give excellent tips and adivce, which is what im looking for really and overall opinion.

So ive been training since i was 18 (now 23) im 5"11 205lbs around 16%BF. Only last 2.5 years have been with consistent diet and i would say farely decent knowledge which is where my question arises as it goes against what might be optimal.

Back in the day between 19-20ish i used to train on your standard bro split at that's where i gained pretty much all of my size however since doing some research for the past year i have been doing a P/P/L split due to being natural, protein synthesis etc etc. Here comes the but after a while i simply dont enjoy it as much as my old bro split and i've always loved going to the gym but no it seems like its becoming more of a chore tracking my lifts etc.

So any advice/input on this? Or does it even make that much of a difference giving 85% on average on a P/P/L or loving the gym again and giving 95-100% every workout would the effects be the same?
Post 1 IP   flag post
barrylol private msg quote post Address this user
Do your bro split.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Do what makes you happy and enjoy your training, if you arent going to compete or do anything like that then lifting is just a hobbie, a hobbie should be enjoyed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm thiking of comepeting in the next year potentially but not set yet. At the moment like i said about 16% BF month into cut going to get lean then see what i think.

So you think there's minimal difference and for enjoyment/motivational reasons a bro type split is better?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mikemadeofpeace private msg quote post Address this user
I think you definitely have to enjoy your training program, whatever keeps you in the gym more consistently is going to be better in the long run if you are still adding lbs to yourself and the bar
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks for your input its appreciated. Also anyone have any decent splits that isnt P/P/L, PHAT or Upper Lower?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Back again, so was having a think and wanted an opinion on couple of ideas for training splits.

Option one:
Monday Chest+Back
Tuesday Shoulders+Arms
Wednesday Legs
Thursday Off
Friday Chest+Back
Saturday Shoulders+Arms
Sunday Off

This one only has legs once as they grow pretty well in comparison to everything else and feel like they take a while to recover personally.

Option two:

Day 1 Back+Bi's
Day2 Chest+Tri's
Day3 Legs
Day4 Shoudlers+Traps
Day 5 Off
Repeat

This one is basically 4 on 1 off repeat doing 4 0n 2 off if body feels tired?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Mikemadeofpeace private msg quote post Address this user
I like the look of the first split above, but with legs on Sunday too haha. Frequency is king!
Post 8 IP   flag post
haha ive been doing double legs on P/P/L but not noticed any real benfits in my lower half and it kills me for days
Post 9 IP   flag post
340738 9 9
destitute