Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Stupid phat question,that must be answered11943

VytasP private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, today i am starting phat and just wondering, if you changed it somehow, or did the original for, strict sets and reps and etc. Please answer quicky, bcs i want to get to the gym asap.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
There's no question in the above post. What are you asking? -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
I asked if you changed the original phat program. I mean added more reps/sets or exercises.
Post 3 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasP
I asked if you changed the original phat program. I mean added more reps/sets or exercises.

no. dont do that. ever.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks mates.
Post 5 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexdec
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasP

no. dont do that. ever.

This. If you add anything or change it up.. then it is no longer Phat
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You can change exercises if you want. I'd keep them similar. In terms of reps and sets, I wouldn't change them.

If you're easily offended or annoyed by people who find writing and communication skills to be important, skip this next part. FWIW (grammar stickler, here) there was still no question in your first post. You started a statement, "if you..." But that doesn't ask anything. It's like me saying, "If I put on shoes." <-- that's not even a complete thought, let alone a question. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Mikemadeofpeace private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing i have changed from the PHAT routine posted on the SS interview also came from Layne himself. He said in another interview that he does his shoulder power sets at the start of the back and shoulders hypertrophy day. I find this works really well for me too. After doing the Heavy bench and rows i just dont seem to be fired up for the heavier shoulders so i moved it. Good times!
Post 8 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
I will never understand why PHAT calls for DB bench instead of BB bench for the chest power day. Thoughts?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Gougher private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT is a nonlinear periodisation. You are supposed to change the exercises when you're stagnating, wih equal ones. Keep the reps/sets the same, as @eknight said himself.

As for you that say that you are NOT supposed to change any exercises ever. Do you think that those top-level athletes that also use PHAT, never switch up their workout routines?

As he said himself. It's not a program. It's a way of training.(himself being Layne Norton)
Post 10 IP   flag post
340732 10 10
destitute