Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingInjury RecoveryProgress UpdateTraining Log

new log Push pull legs11827

JDominiqueS private msg quote post Address this user
hey there shredders I joined this forms in july and quit training around august because of a back pain condition wich I mentioned in another thread. not training made me feel bad tough so I joined a gym and want to start training again. so I'm opening a new log with my push pull legs routine. first goal is getting a routine in diet, something I've always found very hard. So make sure I'm eating at atleast maintenance every single day.

my routine;

push day
benchpress 3x3/seated db press 3x3 alternate every week
incline bench press 4x8
Hammer strength shoulder press 4x8
incline db flies 4x10-15
skullcrushers 3x10-15

Legs
Leg press 3x3
Legg press 3x8
db lunges 4x8
leg extensions 3x10-15
calve raises 3x10-15
hyperextensions 3x6
leg raises 3x10-15

pull
db row 3x5
Hammer pulldowns 4x8
Iso rows 4x8
straight arm latt pulldowns 3x10-15
facepulls 3x10-15/upright rows 3x10-15 (alternate each week)
hammer curls 3x10-15

squats, deadlifts or any hamstring work is left out because of my posterior pelvic tilt, one of the causes for my back pain. fixxing that with a lot of stretching and foam/tennis ball rolling untill I can go back to squatting and deadlifting again.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey man we are one in the same essentially, I recently started a P/P/L log, i got really tight hipflexors and tight hamstrings, which definitely effects my squats and DL

I'm in for sure
Post 2 IP   flag post
does your back hurt too because of it ? really miss the squatting man ): p p l is my fav split tough^^
Post 3 IP   flag post
keep calm and PRESS ON!
Post 4 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
@JDominiqueS i like that 1 Quote:
Originally Posted by JDominiqueS
keep calm and PRESS ON!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@jja0016 haha thanks mate!

today was push day with the seated shoulder press, felt pretty weak this morning and there wasn't much to eat in the house today so worked out on an empty stomach. went pretty wel tough^^

Seated shoulder dumbbell press
3x3 24 kg each hand
didn't do this exercise in a long time and busted out a new PR ;D

Incline barbell bench press
4x6 45 kg deffo lost strength on this one

dumbbell flyes 2 sets incline 2 sets flat
8x14 kg
3x15x10 kg

skullcrushers 3x15x20 kg

tricep cable pushdowns
3 sets
hangin knee raises
3x8
front raise
3x15x5kg

Awesome pump, delts & tri's still feel totally fried and I left the gym 2 hours ago
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDominiqueS
does your back hurt too because of it ? really miss the squatting man ): p p l is my fav split tough^^

i get random pains in my low back at random times, i'm pretty sure thats a result
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Hewy007 sharp shooting pains at one side ? or different ? what kind of stretches etc do you do ?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@JDominiqueS

just my lower right sacral region, if i sit a certain way it initiates the pain

No stretches im looking into similar cases to do some hip mobility/flexability work
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Hewy007 I would still stretch the muscles, foam roll, tennis ball roll all that stuf. also hip mobility is a good thing. currently I'm doing pilates excercises for my irritated piriformis and I find that they help with mobility too

also todays leg day
Freeweighted unilateral legg press
4x8-12x50 kg each leg

db lunge
4x10 forgot the weight lol

Leg extensions
3x12

hyper extensions
3x8

after that I did some mobility work and some pilates exercises for injury recovery, also did lots of stretching between my sets during training.

did 2 sets of deadlifts today cause somebody asked me to look at his form. I found out that sumo deadlifts cause a lot less pain than conventionel deads

still sucks tough ): not being able to do these lifts without pain..
Post 10 IP   flag post
last tuesday I went to my physio who made me do some exercises wich made allmost ALL the pain go away was very happy with that and actually getting a little bit of hope to squat next week. tomorrow I got out of bad and well..fuck it hurts..lol needs more time I think. do feel pain going from my upper ham, glute and low back.

right now off to the gym benchpress pushdayy!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
340789 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute