Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATProgress PicsTraining Log

(PHAT/531 Log) Body of Peace.11772

Mikemadeofpeace private msg quote post Address this user
I have decided to start a log, and what better place to keep it? Ive been reading and sometimes posting on this forum for awhile now so im looking forward to being a little more active here.
Its going to be nice and easy to keep this log active as its going to be a case of cutting and pasting my workout notes from Evernote to here, of course with how everything is going etc along side it!
So ive been lifting off and on for a good 5 years now, but never really took it all that serious until last year. I used to do a lot of rock climbing with "gym training". Now, this is my only focus. Ive never tracked my macros or followed a set progression overload program as consistently as i am now.
Im experimenting with PHAT mixed with the Wendler progression, so far it feels amazing so ill roll with this for awhile to see where it takes me.
Ive just come off a massive cut/transformation phase so at the moment im just finding my numbers while i slowly increase my cals into a surplus. I dont think im quite there yet but ill keep adding nice and slowly.
Stats at the start of this log:
Weight: 143lbs
Height: 5"8
Macros:140-150 p
220-230 c
50-55f

I was 141.8lbs at the time of these pics i think! On the before shot i was 175lbs haha.

So now im small and skinny its time to add some good lean size! Glad to have you all along for the ride. Feel free to chime in anytime
Post 1 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
In for this. Are you just doing 5/3/1 on the power days?
Post 2 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikemadeofpeace You have an awesome base of muscle, and good size for 143 (you look heavier, and arms look like they belong on a 170-180lb body)! FIrstly, well done on the awesome cut, and I'll be following your log!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jigsawk private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome transformation ! looking great , following your log ! Good luck with them gains !
Post 4 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
good ufcking job man.

how long did that cut take you and what is your body fat % at 2nd pic?

what were your macros?

perfect base to lean bulk from. good job! very inspirational! thats some dedication right there bro. work of a champion. keep it going and track your macros on your bulk and do it right!

thats exactly what im trying to look like before i lean bulk to 15%
Post 5 IP   flag post
MCarey private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikemadeofpeace how long did your cut take?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RudeCrew
In for this. Are you just doing 5/3/1 on the power days?

Yeah im going to use the progression and deload scheme on the squat, bench, standing press and bent over row

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
@Mikemadeofpeace You have an awesome base of muscle, and good size for 143 (you look heavier, and arms look like they belong on a 170-180lb body)! FIrstly, well done on the awesome cut, and I'll be following your log!

Thanks for the awesome words man! Ive always felt my arms are lagging and they were going to be my secondary focus behind chest on this gaining phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsawk
Awesome transformation ! looking great , following your log ! Good luck with them gains !

Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jja0016
good ufcking job man.
how long did that cut take you and what is your body fat % at 2nd pic?
what were your macros?
perfect base to lean bulk from. good job! very inspirational! thats some dedication right there bro. work of a champion. keep it going and track your macros on your bulk and do it right!
thats exactly what im trying to look like before i lean bulk to 15%

The cut took me 35 weeks then i maintained my weight for another 10 weeks or so.... Crazy amount of time really, but i took it all really slowly and included diet breaks in that amount of time too.
Im not really sure what my body fat % was then... Ive never had it tested with anything reliable... Id guess at about 7-8%? I dunno....
My starting macros were, well 2800 cals, and my ending macros when i was really pushing were something like 1700 cals, 40f, 190c, 140p on average. I had a refeed day every 5th day too. Bumped my carbs to 250-300 depending on how low i felt at the time. Before the final "push" i was at about 2000 cals for the most part.
Thanks for following!
Post 7 IP   flag post
did your lifts stay the same for the most part during your cut?

how did you feel towards the end of the cut? drowsy, moody, etc?\

and were you extremely active besides working out? like what do you do everyday for work etc..? sorry if im being a pest im really interested because you're about the same height and body type as me
Post 8 IP   flag post
also what are your lift numbers?

bench, squat, deadlift
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
great progress man. lookin shredded
Post 10 IP   flag post
Pain4Gain private msg quote post Address this user
great progress mate..looking fantastic!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jja0016
did your lifts stay the same for the most part during your cut?

how did you feel towards the end of the cut? drowsy, moody, etc?\

and were you extremely active besides working out? like what do you do everyday for work etc..? sorry if im being a pest im really interested because you're about the same height and body type as me

Not a pest at all man, fire any questions at me! Towards the end yeah it got to the point where it was effecting my mood, and general day to day stuff. Just a bit tired all round really. My sex drive suffered too.... I really, really like carbs so i tried to keep them as high as possible so for a week or two i tried 35g of fat, big mistake. In the thick of it i just wanted to keep getting leaner and leaner, but looking back now it was kinda pointless trying to push that hard just to look good for some pictures on holiday. Its always hard to self evaluate.
I work in a gym for work but to be honest i wouldnt say its an extremely active job, or gym. Most of my cardio was LISS on a bike that i just broke up through out the day.
Yeah i was really happy with my strength through this cut, it didnt really suffer that much, of course it went down but there werent any big drop offs.
Sorry if this is rushed im just on my way out of the house!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you for responding I appreciate it. Every bit of info helps! =P
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thursday Chest and arms
Incline db press
32.5kg x 8
30kg x 9
Phone be call break, would have dropped to 27.5 next set.
30kg x 9

Decline db press
32.5kg x 12

Flat db press
25kg x 10

Incline fly
15kg x 14

Spider ez curl oly bar
Bar + 20kg x 12
X 12 ish

Db Hammer curl
15kg x 13

Conc curl
7.5kg x 15
9kg x 15

Hammer grip skull crushers
25kg x 15
27.5kg x 14

Flat bar push down
Testing x 15
More x 15

Single arm rope pull downs
Numberless stack x 9
1 less x 11

180cal bike cardio

Morning weight 143.4 lbs.
cals 2,072 49f 250c 149p
Hmm I think i did a little bit too much volume for chest, it felt good at the time but im still unsure on the flat DB press. Might just ditch that and do another set of flyes.
I usually workout out in my garage but this was at my works gym, thats why the stack sets are unrecorded.
Didnt feel too bad, energy and strength is coming slowly!
Post 14 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work dude. What are some of your goals, outta curiosity. You said put on more mass but did you have any numbers in mind? I like numbers lol.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken
Nice work dude. What are some of your goals, outta curiosity. You said put on more mass but did you have any numbers in mind? I like numbers lol.

Haha I like numbers too. Definitely have some in mind.
With no sort of time restraint I want to hit 200lb Incline Bench press,
Comfortable reps with 315 on deadlift and get my Squat as close to my deadlift as possible.
In terms of weight I want to go for the slow but steady approach. I'm thinking by December time I want to be about 150lbs and to have made a good amount of progress to my goals above.
I have set my wendler numbers quite low (on purpose) so it'll be a nice higher rep transition out of this cutting phase as I'm going into a surplus. My numbers are looking on track and realistic I think....
The other day I put up 151lbs x 10 Incline Bench on my 1+ day cycle 1 and today I put in 250lbs x 3 sets of 8 reps for Sumo deads.
Who knows in a few months!
Gonna post my leg day in a moment with some video of my deadlift. Hopefully. I'm at work on my phone hah.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Friday legs
Sumo deads
250lbs x 8

Front squat
134lbs x 8
128 x 8

Db lunges
20kg dbs x 8 per leg

150 cal bike cardio

This feels like the right kind of volume for now. My legs were wasted doing the lunges. I'm also really liking the narrow stance Sumo deads. Kinda doesn't make sense to go narrow on Sumo but they feel awesome. Gotta tighten my form up though!
Morning weight 144lbs
Today's macros: 46g f, 245g c, 150g p
2086 cals.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Yesterday and todays.

Saturday shoulder pwr and Back hyp
Standing press 1+ week
85lb x 5
101 x 3
110 x 1+ = 8

Pendlay row
140 x 10

Db row
32.5kg x 12

Chest supported Cg Hammer row
50kg x 12
Feels awesome

Underhand pull up
Bw x 12

Lateral raises
10kgs x 12

Upright bb row
70lb x 15

Macros: 50f, 243c, 144p - 2049cals.
150cal bike cardio
Morning weight 145lbs.

Sunday rest abs traps calf
Decline sit ups
+5kg x 10

Db ab roll out from the knee
Bw x 12
+2.5kg on back x 12
+5kg x 12

Standing calf
139lbs x 12

Bb shrug
139 x 12

Macros: 48f, 245c, 149p - 2069 cals.
200 cal bike cardio
Morning weight 142.4lbs, hmm back down again! Bring on more cals next week i think!
I still like to get a bit done on my "rest" days, i usually throw in my ab, calf and trap work on these days. Nothing too taxing and i dont think it will affect my recovery. I feel really good so far. Next week is my deload in the Wendler progression exercises, i dont think i need a deload going off the lower rep i plugged in but ill do it. Ill probably just throw a tiny bit more hypertrophy work in.

Well here's another pic!

Post 18 IP   flag post
Pearce_Bolton private msg quote post Address this user
Jeez dude, your ripped as owt im so in for this
Post 19 IP   flag post
Monday Upper body Power Deload
Incline Press
66 x 5
77 x 5
99 x 5

Decline BB Press
132 X 10
143 x 10
154 x 10

Db Fly
14kg dbs x 12
16kgs x 12

Pendlay Row
71 x 5
93 x 5
110 x 5

Underhand Pull Down
72.5kg x 10
80kg x 10

CG Seated Row
65kg x 10

Lateral Raises
Gym has no 15kg dbs
14kg x 8

Overhead Rope Extension
30lb?x 15
40 x 13

Preacher curl machine
35 x 12
40 x 12

100 cal bike cardio.
Morning weight 143.4lbs
Macros 44f 251c 144p 2054cals

Tuesday legs power Deload week
Squat
70lb x 5
88lb x 5
105lb x 5

Bbb
88lb x 10

Front squat
88lb x 12

Sldl
88lb x 12

100 cal bike cardio
Morning weight 143.8lbs
Macros: 51f 242c 150p 2080cals

Meh really not happy with this week. Because i have set the numbers in Wendler quite low, the deload numbers are really low. I added a bit more volume to the workouts but i still feel like its too soon for a deload. Meh i said id stick to the program so im sticking to it. The leg workout was just like a quick pump session.
Better news is i now have a 7ft olympic barbell with weights for my garage gym. Sweet! I have a bad feeling the 20kg plates arent offical height though.... Hmm may have to buy some more that will set the bar at the correct height for dead lifting. My weight is still pretty stable, im gonna hit the higher end of my macro ranges this week to see how it goes and continue to take out cardio.
Tomorrow is a rest day, i dont feel like resting!
That is all.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Wednesday rest abs traps calf
Decline sit ups
6.25kg x 12

Standing calf Bb
132 X 12
143 x 12

Db roll out from the knee
+5kg x 12

Bb shrug
132 X 12
143 x 12
154 x 12

150 cal bike cardio
Morning weigh in: 143.8lbs
Totals 1,985 48f 245c 139p

Thursday Chest and arms
Incline db press
32.5kg x 8
30kg x 8

Decline db press
32.5kg x 10
30kg x 10

Flat db press
25kg x 11

Incline fly
12.5kgs x 15

Bb Spider ez curl oly bar
Bar +22.5kg x 12
X 12 ish
X 11ish

Db Hammer curl
15kg x 12

Db conc curl
9kg x 12

Hammer skulls
27.5kg x 12
X 12ish

Tri focus dips
Bw x 15

Numberless stack x 12

150cal bike cardio
Morning weigh in: 145lbs
Totals 2,332 50f 304c 155p Wooo refeed day!

Well my weight is up again, well see how it goes this weekend. I was expecting to be fresher on the incline press and do better than last week, but it was kinda the same, a bit dissapointing but i did increase on a few exercises atleast. I decided to add in a refeed once a week (i missed two weeks worth) because im still feeling a bit of lethargy in the workouts, hopefully this will just add a bit of a boost along with the carbs i added this week.
Heres a pic from todays workout! Pretty cool lighting haha

Post 21 IP   flag post
Friday legs
Squat
132 X 5
154 x 5
176 x 5
187 x 5
198 x 5

Front squat
132 X 10

Sumo deads
132 X 5
176 x 5
198 x 5
220 x 5
253 x 5

1 leg at a time lunge
40kg x 10

100cal bike cardio
Totals 2,113 50f 247c 150p
Morning weight: 144.8

Today was just a fun day really. I went in to my garage with no real structure, i just wanted to try some exercises with my new setup! On this day i usually do sumo dead followed by front squats etc. Going off today i think im going to squat twice a week now, everything felt good! Well see how it goes. Hopefully it wont affect the Wendler progression?
Really pleased with the new bar, its muchhhh better than the thing i had before. I have some olympic sized 20kg bumper plates on order so when they arrive i can deadlift at the correct height. I had to guess today haha. Overall good fun session!
Here is my last squat set:
Post 22 IP   flag post
Saturday shoulder pwr and Back hyp
Standing press
55 x 5
70 x 5
88 x 3
110 x 2
121 X 2
132 X 1

Pendlay row
143 x 10

pull up
Bw x 12

Chest supported Cg Hammer row
52.5kg x 12

Db row
32.5kg x 12

Lateral raises
10kgs x 12
X 12 ish

Upright rows
88lb x 12

520cal bike cardio
Totals 2,852 78f 361c 182p
Cant remember my exact morning weight: 144lbs

Sunday rest abs traps calf
Decline sit ups
7.5kg x 12
X failed on 11th

Standing calf Bb
143lb x 12
Go heavier bitch

Db roll out negatives from feet

Bb shrug
154 x 12

250 cal bike cardio
Totals 2,112 50f 253c 151p
Morning weight 146.6

Haha well i totally blew my macros on Saturday, it didnt take much persuasion from my girlfriend to eat out. As you can see i sat my ass on the bike for a long time though haha.
I still seem unable to get full at the moment, i can just eat and eat and eat and nothing in my body tells me to stop. Its still a sign my body isnt happy i guess. Ive never been this lean before and its much, much more of a mental battle than i thought. I know i need to put weight on to be healthier but the thought of it just sucks lol i like being this lean. Im definitely sticking to my macros and adding slowly though i wanna put on some damn size! Just these mental games creep to the front sometimes..... Lets eat!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Hewy007 private msg quote post Address this user
sick cut dude
Post 24 IP   flag post
wow good job. stick to your macros! you want to be a champion or not

I still seem unable to get full at the moment, i can just eat and eat and eat and nothing in my body tells me to stop. Its still a sign my body isnt happy i guess. Ive never been this lean before and its much, much more of a mental battle than i thought. I know i need to put weight on to be healthier but the thought of it just sucks lol i like being this lean. Im definitely sticking to my macros and adding slowly though i wanna put on some damn size! Just these mental games creep to the front sometimes..... Lets eat

inspiring read here. im happy for you. a cheat day here and there wont hurt dude. just dont do it twice in the same week is my rule. and dont over do it. try to estimate close to your macros

wait for that bulk to kick in youll feel amazing bro. and dont worry about getting fat if you're doing a lean bulk you wont even notice it. .5-1 pound a week. youll look stronger not fatter !

GET IT BUDDY!!!!!!!!!! YEaaaAsaasd
Post 25 IP   flag post
I want to be a champion! Haha thanks man, yeah im sticking to my macros for sure, im not going to mess up and get fat quickly after all this time dieting
Yeah man plan is and always has been to be flexible with my diet, i just add in more cardio for a bit of calorie control around a higher intake day. Definitely aiming for that lean bulk, getting stronger and not fatter haha!
Ive been reverse dieting for 4 weeks now, well this is the 5th and my weight is up only 2-3lbs depending on how late i eat at night. So its all going well so far, maybe even a little too slow but everything is feeling on track so i wont rush.
This week i aim to get in 10g of carbs more per day, well see how it goes Thanks for the message man, much appreciated
Post 26 IP   flag post
Monday Upper Power Day
Incline BB Press
105 x 5
120 x 5
137 x 5+ = 15

Decline BB Press
154 x 12
165 x 10
X 11 had a spotter

DB Incline fly
15kg x 13

Pendlay Row
121 x 5
143 x 5
154 x 5+ = 11

Weighted Pull Up
Bw + 11lb x 12

Chest Supported Neutral grip row
60kg x 12

Lateral Raise
15kg x 8

Upright BB row
88lb x 12

Neutral grip skull crusher
35kg x 10

BB Curl
88lb x 7

100 cal bike cardio
Morning weigh in: 146.4lbs
Macros: Totals 2,157 51f 266c 144p

Tuesday legs power
Squat cycle 2
115 x 5
132 X 5
154 x 5+ = 12

Bbb
93lb x 10

Sldl
132 X 10

100cal bike cardio
Morning weigh in: 146.6
Totals 2,144 52f 259c 149p

Well that was two contrasting days! I felt pretty awesome on Monday, hit 15reps on my power incline, which still points out that my max is quite conservative but i didnt think it would go up 15 times!
I filmed a few lateral raises because for me they are 1, a new weight and 2, i hate bad form on laterals when the weight is too heavy for someone. They look pretty decent?
Legs yesterday just sucked, i felt terrible, tired, a bit light headed after sets. Again im purposely keeping the max low on squat until i feel better on them, form wise and calorie wise. Meh.
My weight this morning (Wednesday) is back into the 145's so it seems to be stabilising on the new carbs.
Post 27 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
On your squats, your knees tend to go inward slightly when you push up. Be sure to screw your feet into the ground and push your knees out. And squeeze your but at the top of each rep to reset your bracing and avoid any hyperextension. Other than that good job!!

For the lateral raises, your form isn't strict. You tend to lean back a little bit, shifting the tension on your front delts. You should always lean forward a little bit while performing lateral raises to really hit the medial head.

but I'm just picky as fuck here

awesome log keep it up!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Hey man thanks for stopping by! Nooo your not being picky its awesome, this is the kind of thing im looking for and why im posting the videos. I agree for sure, im not 100% comfy on either of these movements yet. Knees out and stabilise and I kinda knew the laterals were a bit too heavy so ill strip a bit of weight off and work on my lean
Thanks man im going to keep it updated with videos as often as i can, it can help sooo much getting feedback, and videos are more fun to watch for people stopping by
Post 29 IP   flag post
Wednesday rest abs traps calf
Decline sit ups
7.25kg x 12

Calf Bb raises
154 x 12

Db roll out from feet negatives

Bb shrug
154 x 12

Morning weigh in :146.8
150cal bike cardio
Macros : 50f 274c 134p. 2148
Messed up a bit!

Thursday Chest and arms hypertrophy
Incline bb press
143 x 11
138 x 11

Decline BB Press
154 x 12
149 x 13
Don't drop next time

Incline db fly
15kg x 12

Spider ez curl
25kg x 12
27.5kg x 12

Db Hammer curl
15kg x 10
Got some pain in my right bicep at the elbow
10kg x 15

Db conc curl
10kg x 11

Cg bench press
132 X 12
138 x 12

Neutral grip skull crusher
27.5kg x 15
30kg x 13

3.75kg x 15
5kg x 15

110cal bike cardio
Morning weigh in :147.2
Macros : 51f 261c 145p. 2153

Friday Legs Deadlift
Sumo Deadlift
176 x 5
203 x 5
231 x 5+ = 15
Ouch

BBB
143 x 10

100cal bike cardio
Morning weigh in :146.4lbs
Macros : 51f 263c 149p 2173

The week isn't over yet, I have shoulder power / back hyper today but man, it's been a good week for the lifts. This is my 5+ week cycle 2 in the progression lifts, I increased the maxes 5lbs from the first cycle and with me hitting 15reps on most of them they are still a bit underestimated. But they still kicked my ass and they all feel like solid reps, especially happy with my Incline Bench, I have always had shoulder issues on my right side but it's behaving and feels perfect during the lift. Big things are going to happen to my chest if it stays like this, always felt like it has held my pressing back.
On another note, as you can see my weight has been going up, hit 147 one day! But I didn't panic, the scale lies sometimes, and it really didn't help being constipated all week. Mmm nice. So after finally being relieved yesterday I woke up this morning at 143.8lbs. Dang. So I've learned that smashing bags full of salads and veg aren't that good for the gut, I'll cut back a bit haha.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340764 129 30
destitute